Tour Dates Announcement on 9 March - U2360°

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember what happened last time; it's all a blur. But these appear to be shell dates, ie the basic few but of course there will be a ton more added.

I'm going to go for 4 in Dublin in the pre-sale-to trade 2-and others in London. I may take the day off work for this project next week. :reject:

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

They wouldn't announce tour dates for Australia yet anyway.
I wouldn't give up hope yet.

Although I think there was talk of plans at this point for Vertigo.

Yea..so guessing there will be extra dates and legs and all that stuff.

Like how they have the venue with the stage overlapped

nozwjd.jpg

I suspected that most of the US tour dates would be affected by the NFL - that appears to be the case. The NFL will have priority over U2, and their schedule hasn't been released yet.

This totally sucks! :angry:
Especially at the end of September! It could be really cold by then especially at night.
I'm not liking the stage set up too much, cause I don't think I'm doing a GA line. :doh:

It really sux..Im at work so cant really examine the set up is the GA just at the one end of stadium or did I imagine that?

I'm going to agree with someone upthread that these are just "shell" or placeholder dates. I mean, when has there ever NOT been 3 or 4 nights in a row in NY or Boston? And one date in LA, one in ALL of FL and none in several other states? Nah... this isn't the full list. Or, there will likely be more dates to come on another leg. I'm not going to get all upset just yet!

People, U2 in most cases don't announce multiple shows in one city at once. They will only announce the first show (or, at most, the first and second) initially, and then the extras will be announced once the first has sold out.

For instance, there WILL be three gigs in Dublin, assuming the first and second sell out quickly enough to justify the third being put on sale.

This is entirely normal. Don't fret. Boston, NYC, Chicago, London, Milan, and others will get multiple dates.

People, U2 in most cases don't announce multiple shows in one city at once. They will only announce the first show (or, at most, the first and second) initially, and then the extras will be announced once the first has sold out.

For instance, there WILL be three gigs in Dublin, assuming the first and second sell out quickly enough to justify the third being put on sale.

This is entirely normal. Don't fret. Boston, NYC, Chicago, London, Milan, and others will get multiple dates.

With your words Axver, I feel safe. :wink: I was gonna go straight for Dublin in the presale, but with what you're saying, I might hang back.

With your words Axver, I feel safe. :wink: I was gonna go straight for Dublin in the presale, but with what you're saying, I might hang back.

You should probably still take advantage of the presale. If I'm not grossly mistaken, last time around, the presale only applied to the first dates - extra shows did not get presales.

Odds are, all three Dublin gigs are going to go like wildfire. Hell, let's not kid ourselves; all European gigs will probably sell out fast.

do you guys mean the extra dates get added the same day as the tickets go on general sale or the next day or what? how has it been for past tours?

Past tours the extra dates were added as the shows were sold out. I tried to get MSG for Vertigo and new shows just popped up out of no where, I think it was like 7 in a row! It was crazy cause they were all selling out within minutes.

I don't trust my memory 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure they added the second Seattle Vertigo show very quickly after tickets for the first went on sale and sold out.

... that must be how it went, because the tickets I was able to buy either online or over the phone (I had both going; don't remember where I got through first) were for the second night. I didn't get my ticket for the first show until some time later, via Craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom