Tour Dates Announcement on 9 March - U2360°

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner. I can try to find one at work this week.

Otherwise another Dutch forum member maybe can scan it...?

If it doesn't work I can always send it to you. But it's ion Dutch! :hmm:

Not a problem - managed to find a scan of it yesterday. :up:

Pretty neat stuff, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

I don't think this is comparable with Pop. You gotta remember that album wasn't received well at first, and it was barely out before the tour started.
At the moment I think U2 are way more popular with the concert going crowd than they were 12 years ago. They can sell out about anything I think.

Very true! I dont see it as comparable to Pop at all. The economy was spectacular in the US at the time, and that still did not keep U2 from missing a sell out a few times. It was definitely the way Pop was pushed out w/little promotion(outside of K-Mart!) and the tour started so quickly with little rehearsing. Plus, despite the fact that most of us here love Pop, so many truly did not get what the hell U2 was doing with the album or the tour with the big arch and lemon.

Again, despite what the popular opinion in these parts is, ATYCLB, HTDAAB and Elevation/Vertigo tours have made U2 the biggest band in the world again bar none. Hence, they will have absolutely no problem selling out where ever they play this time around, especially if they are only hitting cities for 1 or 2 nights as opposed to 7 or 9 like they did with Boston and NY on Vertigo.
The 360 set up will ensure no dead seats behind the stage, and more seats on the field/GA. Most stadiums will be able to get 70,000 or more in them. I know Gillette stadium in Massachusetts will be able to fit around 80,000 in this kind of set up.

Ticket prices on Vertigo went to $160 only(alot of misconceptions about "insane" prices for U2, I always have to point out to these people that they are talking about what E-BAy and scalpers are charging). I would say, much like many organizations have done for the recession, prices will freeze or go up a very little. I could see "brackets" starting at about $28 for nosebleeds 2 miles from the stage, with about 6 in between brackets going up to $160-185. GA will probably be around $50 again. U2 will still make their money then some on volume. We dont know how much they will spend on the staging/etc like Zoo/Pop, so we dont know the net profit or loss projection, but as far as gross receipts goes, they will make the same or better than Vertigo.

Vertigo Boston:7 nights in Boston Garden with 18,000 in each night gives us 126,000 Vertigo Boston attendees.
Horizon Boston:2 nights in Gillette Stadium with 75,000 each night gives us 150,000 Horizon Boston attendees.

Also, when is everyone's best estimate of when US leg tickets go on sale? I am in dire need of at least April or May announcement as I am in no financial shape to buy anything right now. In fact, one more thing on the credit card will probably result in a reel in on the credit line, even though I always pay on time and in full. It is happening to alot of reliable customers now, but I digress.

I too have no idea where I will be living this summer- DC or Boston- so I will be looking at both cities as well as it working my job for one of the Boston shows and hence planning a trip back up to Boston somehow around a possible job in DC. Not easy for anyone here.

It seems that the first Europe and NA legs are poised to be announced next monday, and go onsale later that week.

Inside Scoop

Hey Guys,

So I might have some inside information. So yesterday was basically the best day ever for me. My mom surprised me and told me that she went to school with Micheal Rapino, the CEO and President of Live Nation, and that she has been contacting him about getting me good tickets for a show since I've never seen them before. Basically they have been chatting back and forth arranging getting me two awesome seats:hyper: I can't believe it!!!

Anyways, he kinda gave my mom the inside scoop about tickets sales and announcements. He basically said that the tour announcement will be on March 9th and that the North American leg will not be until the fall because the European leg is gonna be first. He also said that the North American tour tickets will not be on sale for a while. They are gonna do the European ones first.

Just a little info in case anyone was interested:wave:

hey sounds good! Congrats on the pretty much secured tickets this early! haha

Yeah I wasn't sure if I should start a new post or what, but I wasn't sure if people knew about the US leg tickets not going on sale for a while:reject:

I'm SUPER excited about my tickets though:hyper:
Nothing like this ever happens to me

Well, I'm glad to hear the US tickets won't be on sale for awhile. It's kind of a relief! It gives me more time to save....so I'm glad to hear it.

And congratulations! :D

“Given the unique design of the production, it’s mandatory really,” Fogel resumes. “There is no front or back – we’re playing surrounded by the audience.”

I think they're going to arrive by helicopter into the stadiums and depart from there. Bad for the fans as there won't be any chance of autographs before/after the shows. Just a thought.

I don't think this is comparable with Pop. You gotta remember that album wasn't received well at first, and it was barely out before the tour started.
At the moment I think U2 are way more popular with the concert going crowd than they were 12 years ago. They can sell out about anything I think.

Very true! I dont see it as comparable to Pop at all. The economy was spectacular in the US at the time, and that still did not keep U2 from missing a sell out a few times. It was definitely the way Pop was pushed out w/little promotion(outside of K-Mart!) and the tour started so quickly with little rehearsing. Plus, despite the fact that most of us here love Pop, so many truly did not get what the hell U2 was doing with the album or the tour with the big arch and lemon.

Again, despite what the popular opinion in these parts is, ATYCLB, HTDAAB and Elevation/Vertigo tours have made U2 the biggest band in the world again bar none. Hence, they will have absolutely no problem selling out where ever they play this time around, especially if they are only hitting cities for 1 or 2 nights as opposed to 7 or 9 like they did with Boston and NY on Vertigo.
The 360 set up will ensure no dead seats behind the stage, and more seats on the field/GA. Most stadiums will be able to get 70,000 or more in them. I know Gillette stadium in Massachusetts will be able to fit around 80,000 in this kind of set up.

Ticket prices on Vertigo went to $160 only(alot of misconceptions about "insane" prices for U2, I always have to point out to these people that they are talking about what E-BAy and scalpers are charging). I would say, much like many organizations have done for the recession, prices will freeze or go up a very little. I could see "brackets" starting at about $28 for nosebleeds 2 miles from the stage, with about 6 in between brackets going up to $160-185. GA will probably be around $50 again. U2 will still make their money then some on volume. We dont know how much they will spend on the staging/etc like Zoo/Pop, so we dont know the net profit or loss projection, but as far as gross receipts goes, they will make the same or better than Vertigo.

Vertigo Boston:7 nights in Boston Garden with 18,000 in each night gives us 126,000 Vertigo Boston attendees.
Horizon Boston:2 nights in Gillette Stadium with 75,000 each night gives us 150,000 Horizon Boston attendees.

Some inaccuracies with your statements.

U2 was arguably the biggest band in the world coming off ZOO TV and PopMart "failed" so whats to say that coming of Vertigo Tour that the NLOTH tour will be a success.

Your analogy about the numbers for Boston isnt fair because it was 7 shows spread out over 7th months with many people seeing multiple shows and only 18,000 each night. So youre looking for an additional 60,000 fans each night. Im pretty sure they will do it but its not a slam dunk. The way you were doing the math is the wrong way to look at it.

I agree that well probably see a $25-30 ticket price point but if you think that if the top priced ticket is going to remain at the $180 mark you are nuts. I bet the house on them having VIP packages like every other big band does now and they will range between $300-$600 per. If you want to be in the first 20 rows (it wont be GA on stadium fields in the US) that is what youll have to buy. They may have a "small" GA area but there is NO WAY the whole field will be that way.

If you want to be in the first 20 rows (it wont be GA on stadium fields in the US) that is what youll have to buy. They may have a "small" GA area but there is NO WAY the whole field will be that way.

Not making any assumptions on what they will or won't do, as I do believe there will be VIP packages, I'm just not sure about this no GA rule, the entire field was GA in Hawaii and Bruce also had all GA at the Meadowlands in NJ.

I think the US tickets will be on sale soon. They wouldnt make the announcement and then just have people sit on the info. What kind of announcement is it to tell someone something goes onsale in 2 months.

The sooner they sell the tickets the sooner the money is in their pockets which is the whole reason anyone does anything.

Well I'm just going on what I heard from the ceo of live nation. I guess they wanna sell the tickets for the european leg first because those are the sooner shows. And maybe they don't have all the North American shows finalized yet and so they can't sell those tickets right now. :wave:

Not making any assumptions on what they will or won't do, as I do believe there will be VIP packages, I'm just not sure about this no GA rule, the entire field was GA in Hawaii and Bruce also had all GA at the Meadowlands in NJ.

with the whole field being GA it makes it a LOT harder to sell VIP packages. Proximity to the stage is the big selling point. I think it has to be mostly seated on the field. Ive never heard of them EVER doing an all GA floor at Foxboro/Gillette

I'd be glad to see them set a date for U.S. sales but hold off until maybe mid- to late April. I'm most likely going to be moving, and I'll have a much better idea of where I'll be in the fall by then.

I'm getting uber nervous now. I missed out on the Vertigo tour amidst much stress and begging the parents!, so am determined not to this time - so don't reckon I'll be getting much sleep in the days leading up to them going on sale. :huh:

what is it with the US market and GA areas at concerts??? Here in Europe we've had this for years and it's fine

they aren't going to put seats in the GA bits, they may sell GC specific tickets (although I hope not)-

the VIP thing is certainly a possibility though- Madonna did this at extortinate prices for the Shit & Shittier Tour last year (it was a terrible 2 hours of my life I'll never get back)- with VIP tickets for Wembley coming in at around £300 each- for that the owners got into the GC earlier than the rest of us- plus some rubbish merchandise- the funniest thing was that I saw the VIP folk stood right next to me

I wouldn't expect u2 to be anything like that expensive- they've got more concious than Madge has

I'm getting uber nervous now. I missed out on the Vertigo tour amidst much stress and begging the parents!, so am determined not to this time - so don't reckon I'll be getting much sleep in the days leading up to them going on sale. :huh:

Same here. I'm shit scared for the ticketsale.

what is it with the US market and GA areas at concerts??? Here in Europe we've had this for years and it's fine

they aren't going to put seats in the GA bits, they may sell GC specific tickets (although I hope not)-

the VIP thing is certainly a possibility though- Madonna did this at extortinate prices for the Shit & Shittier Tour last year (it was a terrible 2 hours of my life I'll never get back)- with VIP tickets for Wembley coming in at around £300 each- for that the owners got into the GC earlier than the rest of us- plus some rubbish merchandise- the funniest thing was that I saw the VIP folk stood right next to me

I wouldn't expect u2 to be anything like that expensive- they've got more concious than Madge has

actually what they have is a MASSIVE 12 year deal with LiveNation who just absorbed 20 million in stock option losses to U2 and you better bet they want to make all that money back....Theyll charge 400 or 500 and people will pay it

I'm thinking there is a good chance that North American tour dates won't be announced on 3/9. Why announce specific venues and dates if there may be changes between now and the North American tour's start in 6 months? Shouldn't that be one of the lessons learned from Popmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom