To my fellow UKers/Irish folk.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! Glasgow V's Dublin - advice needed please!!!!

Hi

I'm a Breathe subscriber so will hopefully getting my tickets tomorrow! However, i have a dilemma about where to go!! Obviously i need to resolve this one pretty soon. . .

My 2 choices are between Glasgow which is approx 1hr30m - 2hr drive, with a friend from work who is a big fan but hasnt seen them before (neither have i) OR Dublin with my best friend who now lives over there but isnt as big a fan.

Help! I dont know what to do. Opinions please on what Glasgow will be like compared to Dublin? I have the feeling deep down that I want to see them play their hometown??? But it means letting one of my friends down . . .??

What's the verdict between these 2 venues? Has anyone been to either or both before for any gig?

Thanks! xx

Dublin for sure, home town and all that, its got to rock. Take your friend with you, you get upto 4 tix - think kaiser chiefs are support as well (glasvegas at hampden)

I went to Hampden Park, and all three nights in Dublin on the last tour. Whatever you decide, all were pretty special. Whilst there is that special something about U2 in their hometown, there is definitely an element of that when they play Glasgow. I would also say whilst both venue's are enormodomes, Hampden Park is definitely the lesser so, and seemed way more intimate to me than that of Croke Park.

Dublin 3 setlist on the Vertigo tour was pretty wild and you may get something interesting happening there again if you end up making night 3 (but I'm guessing youre going for night 1 or 2 with presale).

What I'm saying is you can't go far wrong either way :D

I'd go to Glasgow if I were you.
More intimate gig ,better acoustically,and cheaper.
The tour is like a circus moving from country to country ,its essentially the same show each night bar a few setlist changes.
U2 must put in a good performance in each venue,its only fair to the paying public.
Every concert will be great.

Honestly, I'd always prefer to go to a U2 concert with a big U2 fan (even if I don't know them) rather than my best friend who isn't a very big U2 fan, especially if it's the only time you'll see them.

So I'd probably go to Glasgow :D

The Glasgow gig is nearly 1 month later so it will get dark nearly 40 mins earlier so it will look better.
It doesnt get dark in Ireland until after 10.30 in mid July which ruins alot of the lighting effects.

Really a decision to which you certainly cannot find the right solution to. U2 and Dublin, I mean what else is there to say? But I think being at a concert with someone who truly enjoys U2 and stands next to you throughout to go through all the experiences might just give Glasgow the tip for me here. And make no mistake, Hampden Park is a great venue as well!

In addition to what's been said above, tickets to Glasgow would be easier to get than Dublin - though that may not be of as much concern since you're getting in on the presale. General sale will be mayhem.

The Glasgow shows were great on Vertigo. Really fun fans and great crowd energy. The Dublin shows were special in a different way. Going with a fan is always more fun :)

Yaay... got my 4 tickets for Wembley!!
Now for Dublin ticket on Friday.. I'm allowed to dream.... :lol:

But getting only one for Dublin would be easier then four tickets on the general sale?

I have actually seen GA for London, maybe they only allocated a certain amount to presale?? :shrug:

I'm doing GA at Wembley and seated at Cardiff :ohmy: well hoping to :lol:

Well now you know I gotcha one GA for Wembley, so Cinders WILL go to the ball :hug: Can we have one each? :evil: Sorry, PLEBA moment :doh:

On friday, if anyone wants to do some sort of swap I'm up for it :up: I'm buying for London, Sheffield and Cardiff anyway so not having to get one of those would be... helpful :lol:

Revised decision - going for Paris, Sheffield and Wembley tomorrow :up:

Revised decision - going for Paris, Sheffield and Wembley tomorrow :up:

If you were to buy 2 Sheffield tickets tomorrow I have 2 GA Wembley tickets from the presale that I could swop with you if you like?? Send me a PM.:wave:

I am somewhat apprehensive about buying tickets tomorrow, I am waiting for the internet to crash or my mac to just break etc etc. Does anyone know what the pricing will be? I am hoping that the rents will be paying, my birthday has come just at the right time :wink:

Oh and this is for Wembley btw.

My mate sorted our tickets :hyper::hyper: Sheffield !!!!

RoooooAArrR !! Lets do this !!!!

Im really worried that the atmosphere in croke park will be poor if the hill16 area is empty... it's a cavernous enough stadium already and with the stage being see-through it really could look and feel quite crappy to have acres of empty terracing on view behind the Claw-thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom