TBD - Anaheim VII -JOIN US AT THE SPA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodger Game information. Traffic will suck, I usually recommend you use the Sunset entrance, if you need directions let me know. Parking is 15 per car. You can try public transit, there's a shuttle from Union Station to the game that is free with tickets. You can use this to find free parking lots so all you need to purchase is a ticket on the LA Metro rail which is 1.25 each way. Metro Rail map.

;)

I'm going on the 3rd and 8th (Broxton bobblehead night!) Is it safe to park at Union Station at night? especially the night of a Laker game. I don't feel like contributing 15 bucks to the McCourt divorce fund.

lol. It's safe to park at Union Station. I don't know how much the parking will be though.

thanks, i dunno if it's worth the time though having to ride in the shuttle bus unless it's able to get around the lot traffic.

anyone know of famous restaurants to visit? i know of pink's and swingers, and the donut place.

Rich, Sunday is when you and I hit all the burger/pastrami/fried chicken recommendations from the previous thread and haul ourselves home late at night and sick as . . . well, sick as people who have eaten the grease of L.A. all day.

If you throw in some Guinness, I'm changing course.

thanks, i dunno if it's worth the time though having to ride in the shuttle bus unless it's able to get around the lot traffic.

anyone know of famous restaurants to visit? i know of pink's and swingers, and the donut place.

What kind of food & where will you be? I'm betting this is trojanchick's expertise :wink:

Directly across from Union Station is Phillipe's, world famous for is French dip sandwiches, sawdust floors ....to the south is Olvera Street...I'm mexican but I really don't know the history...these two plus Union Station is within view of Downtown Los Angeles buildings... pretty wide open...

Ahh, ok. I'm flying in on the 5th now, but I'm flying out around 2-ish on the 8th, so I'd happily accept a ride then. :)

I wouldn't mind, but if I was to drop you off on the 8th, we'd actually have to leave fairly early. I forgott that I'm supposed to have my rental car returned by 1:00. The airports are about 45 minutes apart in good traffic -- according to Yahoo maps.

If I pack too early, then I forget what I packed and then I'll rip thorugh my bag.

hey, what ever happened to a viewing of the Rose Bowl DVD? I would like to see it since I am on the fence about buying it.
Could we do that Monday evening with dinner at the hotel (TownePlace Suites).... instead of dinner by the pool? Just a thought. :hmm:

And thanks, Mr. BAW - Phillipe's was one of the restaurant names I was trying to remember. Mmmmmm, French Dip. :drool:

eta: I'd happily offer our suite for the viewing, but since we're sharing with Alma & she's got a 6:30 flight out ( :yikes: ), I don't think she'd appreciate our um, enthusiasm, after about 8pm. :wink:

hey, what ever happened to a viewing of the Rose Bowl DVD? I would like to see it since I am on the fence about buying it.

I was wondering about this too. Chrisedge (I think) said he is willing to supply the equipment (and the DVD too I assume) but he couldn't find a place big enough to fit all of us that is free or cheap. I'm probably going to end up buying it myself later, but I'd like to watch it with fellow U2 fans.

I'm probably going to get it for my birthday. My brother gave me the pro shot video of that show last night. I haven't had a chance to watch it, but it can hold me over till I can get the dvd.

eta: I'd happily offer our suite for the viewing, but since we're sharing with Alma & she's got a 6:30 flight out ( :yikes: ), I don't think she'd appreciate our um, enthusiasm, after about 8pm. :wink:

:lol: I'm fine with that, I'm not a light sleeper. Just as long as I can excuse myself earlier to catch some sleep if I need to. And I better not wake up with a mustache drawn on my face or something...

Ahh, ok. I'm flying in on the 5th now, but I'm flying out around 2-ish on the 8th, so I'd happily accept a ride then. :)
I'd honestly help you out but I'm already making a Long Beach & LAX run that morning....a check of Super Shuttle from Anaheim to ONT is about $43...an option is to take Mysterious' offer of getting there early and just hang out...ONT is the safest of any airports I've ever used...wide open, new, restaurants...FYI.

Apparently Zootopia/U2.com is "facilitating" U2 RoseBowl DVD viewing parties across USA. There's a thread in Zootopia about it. I wonder what this means? Can we get them to pay for reserving a meeting room or something?

There is one scheduled for LA area on June 2nd at the Village Grind coffee house in Long Beach. I wonder if we can get a second one scheduled for Anaheim between June 5th and 7th??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom