TBD - Anaheim VII -JOIN US AT THE SPA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:crazy: Hang in there... I hope they got the brush fire under control.

They haven't stopped the concert at the Greek which is right behind their place, so that's good news. I just think it's kinda amusing that I just had water shut down to their house today and then there's a fire. I can't even call them because they are in Vietnam.

LAFD kicks fire's ass. WAR currently kicking ass at concert.

Just adding me and paulrg to the maybe list.

Dinner at El Torito Grill on Sunday the 6th

Laura
MissVelvetDress75
Alma
Romi
Kelly
Martha(maybe)
Trojanchick(maybe)
paulrg (maybe)
krisi83 (maybe)

Just adding me and paulrg to the maybe list.

Laura
MissVelvetDress75
Alma
Romi
Kelly
Martha(maybe)
Trojanchick(maybe)
paulrg (maybe)
krisi83 (maybe)

:up:

Anyone who would like to come please feel free to add yourself to the list.

Mexican food? I'm in.

Laura
MissVelvetDress75
Alma
Romi
Kelly
Martha(maybe)
Trojanchick(maybe)
paulrg (maybe)
krisi83 (maybe)
Outsider

:doh: I forgot to mention that just steps north of the hotel is a Metro-Link crossing to/from the Anaheim Stadium station....the crossing is controlled by arms, ding-ding-ding and a blast of the horn...ask for a room away further from the tracks....sorry, I forgot.

Looks like there may be a new list to add . . .

Lila, Maddy and I are looking into going to Hollywood on Sunday the 6th. Right now, the only (sort of) solid plans we have for the day are a visit to Madame Tussauds (in hopes of finding a Creepy Wax Tom Cruise) and a trip to Griffith Park. Diane gave me some suggestions too that sound interesting, so we're hoping to flesh this out a bit more over the next couple of days.

If anyone's interested, go ahead and add your name to the list. Hopefully this one won't fizzle out like the Knott's plans :lol:

Hollywood/Griffith Park - Sunday June 6th

I Move in Mysterious Ways
Lila64
BonosLilPal94

Lila, Maddy and I are looking into going to Hollywood on Sunday the 6th. Right now, the only (sort of) solid plans we have for the day are a visit to Madame Tussauds (in hopes of finding a Creepy Wax Tom Cruise) and a trip to Griffith Park. Diane gave me some suggestions too that sound interesting, so we're hoping to flesh this out a bit more over the next couple of days.

If anyone's interested, go ahead and add your name to the list. Hopefully this one won't fizzle out like the Knott's plans :lol:

Lila64
BonosLilPal94

during the day or at night? if it's during the day, any way to move that to June 5 during the day, before CPK?

Actually, we'll all be at Disneyland on the 5th before (and I think even after) CPK. This is just a "plan B" for people who weren't going on the PCH trip -- not trying to pull anyone out of that group :wink:.

Actually, we'll all be at Disneyland on the 5th before (and I think after) CPK. This is just a "plan B" for people who weren't going on the PCH trip.

got it....

Laura and I (and anyone else interested) will go to Hollywood on the 5th. anyone? Having a local with us would be great, because my knoledge of the area is limited to walking up the street and saying, look at that. I was also planning on driving on sunset and heading into the hills..

Actually Diane (Trojanchick) just sent me a nice PM outlining some good ideas for the area. You might want to talk to her.

I'll let you know what we end up doing.

Lila64
BonosLilPal94

I might be up for Griffith Park on Sunday. Do they still have their Laserium shows? I think I saw a U2 one many, MANY moons ago and it was pretty cool . . . and that was before they upgraded their laser/light system.

I might be up for Griffith Park on Sunday. Do they still have their Laserium shows? I think I saw a U2 one many, MANY moons ago and it was pretty cool . . . and that was before they upgraded their laser/light system.

I actually know very little about the place, except that I was there briefly (by the observatory) with a tour group about 10 years ago. I really wanted to stay longer cause the view was great and the park seemed nice, but I couldn't. We'll work on the timeline -- what we're doing and when. I'll have a car if anyone needs a ride.

maybe we should scrap Disney Land and go to Disney World instead in July. :shifty: :hmm:

But I already have pens and shirts from Disney World... I need one from Disneyland. Maybe I can get some souvenirs from Downtown Disney instead... :hmm: In Florida under that sun in July... :yikes:

Do they still have their Laserium shows? I think I saw a U2 one many, MANY moons ago and it was pretty cool . . . and that was before they upgraded their laser/light system.

Ha, this reminds me of a U2 laser show I saw in 2005 in Seattle (Pacific Science Center Planetarium I think?) Pretty cheesy, but it was nice since we could lie down on the carpeted floor and watch the lasers light up the "sky"

I have an open invite to all the Kissimmee,Orlando area parks since my older brother lives down there so I can go whenever. I am not a Harry Potter fan but I want to see the new Harry Potter attraction at Universal Orlando.

Anyway, Griffith Park sounds like something I would like to visit. I am a science and space geek, so I am sure I would enjoy that park.

Living here, I will have my car with me.

I just checked. I guess Laserium closed in 2002? :reject: Where the hell have I been? :lol: It says they're supposed to be opening at a new location sometime this year with a brand-new system. But as of now it is not open.

There's also the the Disney Soda Fountain and Ice Cream Parlor in Hollywood (next to the El Capitan theater). If you want an ice cream sundae on a hot day, it's pretty cool. Might be a bit crowded, but if we're down that way anyway. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom