[Speculation] Summer 2010 Tour Dates on Eventful website

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jawmat

Babyface
These dates are obviously not confirmed and likely not very credible but exciting to see anyway:

Seattle June 19
Oakland June 22
San Diego June 25
Denver June 28
Minneapolis July 1
Green Bay July 3
Cleveland July 6
Detroit/East Lansing July 8
St. Louis July 10
Miami July 13
Foxboro July 17 and 18
Philadelphia July 20
East Rutherford July 24 and 25

0 events matching 'u2' in Cape Coral - Eventful

We'll see what happens!

Also interesting to note that they have 2nd shows listed for this fall in Chicago Sept 13, Toronto Sept 17, and East Rutherford Sept 25 but not Foxboro. Instead Montreal is listed for Sept 22.

Also Baltimore is listed on Sept 29 instead of Washington.

Again we'll see what happens when the final schedule for the fall leg is officially announced.

I'm skeptical because I don't know if U2 would do that many midwestern dates... 5? I wish they would but it seems unlikely.

I'm pretty hopeful for this news, certainly for 2010, but also for the 2nd night Chicago on the 13th. Let's hope these hold.

I have screen-captures of the Eventful site, too, in case they "disappear."

This could connect to the "Lambeau" thread.

Mark

I'm skeptical because I don't know if U2 would do that many midwestern dates... 5? I wish they would but it seems unlikely.

It seems proportionate to Vertigo if these dates are for stadiums and not arenas.

Mark---obviously being from Minneapolis I'm selfish for that date, but consider we are a larger Metro Area than Denver or San Diego, and we could have easily sold-out 2 Vertigo shows.

It seems proportionate to Vertigo if these dates are for stadiums and not arenas.

Mark---obviously being from Minneapolis I'm selfish for that date, but consider we are a larger Metro Area than Denver or San Diego, and we could have easily sold-out 2 Vertigo shows.

Minneapolis, nice :up: My family is from there so I'd love for those dates to be true...free place to stay.

I'm not believing anything because of the Billboard leak from the current US leg was off by a lot

I'm not believing anything because of the Billboard leak from the current US leg was off by a lot
It might be far from official, but I wouldn't be surprised if those dates end up being at least somewhat close to the truth in the end.

These dates are obviously not confirmed and likely not very credible but exciting to see anyway:

Seattle June 19
Oakland June 22
San Diego June 25
Denver June 28
Minneapolis July 1
Green Bay July 3
Cleveland July 6
Detroit/East Lansing July 8
St. Louis July 10
Miami July 13
Foxboro July 17 and 18
Philadelphia July 20
East Rutherford July 24 and 25
That seems to take them from one end of the country to the other, so it makes sense. But that also seems like an awfully short tour.

They seem like they would be hitting mostly places they didn't hit the first time around.

No Pittsburgh, Edmonton ot Montreal? Buffalo is a candidate if it's an off year for Toronto.

Would the 2nd swing through Europe be before or after?

Interesting the every region has a show on both legs within possible driving distance.

Minneapolis, nice :up: My family is from there so I'd love for those dates to be true...free place to stay.

The new TCF Stadium looks beautiful. Being right on the main U of M campus, it would be an AWESOME place pre and post show as well.

My aunt has Gopher football season tickets. I hope there is some sort of ticket holder presale. Time to go into "good" nephew mode. :wink:

Mark

these dates would make perfect sense since all of these cities have pro football teams that may not have been available for the fall leg of the tour... Are our codes good for only one leg? if we use it for fall are we out of luck for the summer?

I want it to be true just so I can see just how many fans would actually make it to Green Bay. :hmm:

East Lansing isn't in Greater Detroit. I'm skeptical of the whole list.

It's written that way so the 90% of those reading know where the hell East Lansing is located.

Same with Tacoma, East Rutherford, Auburn Hills and the outskirt of Chicago & DC that I can't remember. Like Barrie that has concerts in a 30,000 seat venue, how many know it's outside Toronto?

Also interesting to note that they have 2nd shows listed for this fall in Chicago Sept 13, Toronto Sept 17, and East Rutherford Sept 25 but not Foxboro. Instead Montreal is listed for Sept 22.

Also Baltimore is listed on Sept 29 instead of Washington.

Again we'll see what happens when the final schedule for the fall leg is officially announced.

This just seems to be somebody's speculation.

Somewhat uninformed speculation, too, since the second Chicago show is far more likely to be on the 14th of September rather than the 13th. Although this doesn't always hold true, normal practice for the start of a U2 tour leg is to have an off-day between the first and second shows, even if they are in the same city (see San Diego and Toronto on Vertigo's first and third legs).

It's written that way so the 90% of those reading know where the hell East Lansing is located.

Same with Tacoma, East Rutherford, Auburn Hills and the outskirt of Chicago & DC that I can't remember. Like Barrie that has concerts in a 30,000 seat venue, how many know it's outside Toronto?

But that's kind of my point: no one would ever play East Lansing instead of Detroit.

But that's kind of my point: no one would ever play East Lansing instead of Detroit.

That may have been true 2 years ago, but there are advantages to having the show there is 2010.

-first ever outdoor stadium u2 show in michigan. Even Torontonians get a chance to see an outdoor show in 2 decades
-a better destination that Detroit for visitors
-several thousand greater capacity than Ford
-outdoors in the summer
-younger crowd?
-sweetheart deal to pull U2 to the venue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom