September 30, 2010 - Olympic Stadium - SEVILLE goers important message! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 11:04 AM
September 30, 2010 - Olympic Stadium - SEVILLE goers important message!

From U2.com

Quote:
Due to the scheduled general strike in Spain, on September 29th, U2 promoters have today announced that the date for the U2 concert in Seville, currently set for that same day will be postponed to September 30th.

Although the specifics of the strike have not been announced, in the past the strike has affected security services, public transportation, cleaning as well as medical and hospital services which are all integral to the running of the concert. As a result, the promoters cannot guarantee U2 fans will have the best possible experience at the Seville concert. Therefore the Seville show scheduled for September 29 will now take place on THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 30th.

All tickets purchased for the September 29th performance will be honoured at the September 30th show. Fans wishing to purchase tickets for the new show may do so at Ticketmaster network.

The U2 360° Tour will arrive in Spain on September 26th at the Anoeta Stadium in San Sebastian and September 30th in Seville's Olympic Stadium - with special guest Interpol in both cities.

There's still time to get tickets through the usual outlets of Ticketmaster network, on 902 15 00 25 and online at Entradas para conciertos, festivales, clubbing. Página oficial de Ticketmaster. Fans unable to attend the rescheduled performance must return their tickets to point of purchase before the 10th September.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 08-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 04:04 AM
Yeah, I updated the Tour Dates thread this morning.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 11:04 AM
Woops sorry I didn't see that.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 08-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #4
Forum Moderator

Don't worry, I couldn't find a Gathering Thread for Seville either.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:04 AM
Nice heads up GG.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:59 AM   #6
Forum Moderator

Ticketmaster Spain is offering refunds until September 10th for anyone who can't make it.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:29 AM   #7
Refugee

whoa! I just noticed this today haha. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #8
The Fly

Local Time: 10:04 AM
Hey, maybe somebody is going after the Seville show to the Portugal and have some space in the car for couple from Poland We can participate in gasoline costs. Send me PM
Old 09-16-2010, 11:20 AM   #9
The Fly

we have also 4 people, (from Poland too) we bought the ALSA bus, but it looks like we won't make it to the bus
so maybe there is any FAN ORGANIZED BUS from Seville to Coimbra with spare places? haha there is 6 of us already I imagine there is a lot more people facing the problem afther Seville reschedule.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #10
Refugee

I said to someone just the other day that an enterprising U2 fan should organise some coaches from Seville to Coimbra. I reckon the demand is there for someone to make a nice wee profit.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #11
The Fly

is there a train that runs from the centre of Seville to the stadium and does anyone know what time the trains run to at night?
Old 09-17-2010, 09:22 AM   #12
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight720 View Post
is there a train that runs from the centre of Seville to the stadium and does anyone know what time the trains run to at night?
on google maps you can see that there is RENFE station, they even mention it on maps of the stadium surroundings but no one replys to questions... I start to dislike Spain
Old 09-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #13
The Fly

Local Time: 09:04 AM
I hate spain! We have today arrived in seville to be told that the concert date has been changed to the day we leave WTF!!! But worse is that FNAC wont refund our tickets! And its impossible to get thru to ticketmaster and no one speaks english! This is a 3rd world country full of pickpockets and thieves and doesnt deserve to be in the EU!
Old 09-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #14
Refugee

Wow! Sorry to hear you're having problems with attending the concert, and also that you've had such a negative experience in Spain so far. That does surprise me a lot.

I'm currently in Spain too, and I absolutely LOVE the place. I've just spent a few lovely days in Zaragoza, Pamplona and San Sebastian. I'm staying in Bilbao tonight and have just had a glorious walk around this stunning city at night.

The concert date change was announced on U2.com, and was then all over the U2 fan sites and Twitter in minutes, which you obviously missed.

Did you buy the tickets from FNAC online or in person at a shop? If it was online then they should have sent you an email. If it was in person then I've no idea what procedures they had in place to inform customers of the date change.

If you can't stay for the show then you could always sell the tickets outside the stadium. Are they GA tickets? If so, you should have no problems selling them. Although I know this won't make up for not seeing the gig.

(As an aside, I wonder how easy it would be to find a Spanish speaker working for a ticket agency or Ticketmaster in the UK?)

I've been to Seville before and it's a gorgeous city with a wonderful vibe. Free tapas with every beer helps

Anyway, hope things work out for ya ...
Old 09-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #15
Forum Moderator

I had a ticket for Seville when i thought I might be going and when they announced the postponement and offered refunds I took advantage and got a refund immediately from Ticketmaster Spain.