September 3, 2010 - Olympic Stadium, Athens, Greece

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4U2Play

Refugee
This one is gonna be a blast

The two arches remind me of U2's bridges

OAKA+-+From+Tourkovounia+-+3+-+OAKA.jpg

Tina Turner, AC/DC, The Rolling Stones and Madonna played here

Inside%20Olympic%202004%20stadium%20Athens.JPG

Madonna's concert drew 75,637 viewers, making the September 2008 Sticky & Sweet Tour show the most successful concert ever held in Greece

U2 will crush that number in 2010

2004 Olympics

athens_olympic_stadium_greece_2.jpg

This one + Istanbul. Now just give us Tel Aviv before or after these two and I'll be planning the most exciting U2 trip in my life :hyper:

anyone going to athens and istanbul? i'm wondering who'd be interested in a ticket swap since new codes would only be good for one european show

I might be going to Athens but not Istanbul i'm afraid. Hope to see you in Athens though :wave::hyper: My Dad lives nearby so this would be EPIC. :love:

:wave: I hope so too!! I've always wanted to visit Athens. I missed my chance for the 2004 Olympics, but this would be extra special too. I've never seen U2 in another country. I love killing two birds with one stone:wink:

anyone going to athens and istanbul? i'm wondering who'd be interested in a ticket swap since new codes would only be good for one european show

I might be able to help out, as we plan on going to both shows. However, I have to check with my friends in the UK first, as I think they want to go to Athens and Istanbul. I'll let you know what happens with them.

anyone know how far the stadium is from the centre of Athens

how is public transport?

any advice/links to local info would be appreciated.

I was there last year for Madonna

It is not far from the city centre by metro

there was night line after the show

What website do you think that tickets for Athens will go on sale through? I can't find a listing for Greece on Live Nation or Ticketmaster...

Out of the European shows announced so far this is the one I most want to be at, I have no idea what my schedule will look like that far in advance though, so I won't be buying tickets at the on sale date. One of the firsts like Moscow or Istanbul would also be killer.

so when the presale goes on Thursday we'll be directed to ticketpro.gr ? I created an account on their site but couldn't find how to get my credit card information on there. I guess we just add that manually as we're making our purchase? ticketpro.gr is the site though right?

so when the presale goes on Thursday we'll be directed to ticketpro.gr ? I created an account on their site but couldn't find how to get my credit card information on there. I guess we just add that manually as we're making our purchase? ticketpro.gr is the site though right?

any seating plans yet?

Ticketpro.gr now has the Athens stadium map/pricing chart on their website: Fit the Pic Script

Standing tickets cost €71.50, seats €36.50, €71.50, €110 or €181.50, Red Zone €302.50 and VIP packages €363.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom