September 29th ---- FedEx Field ---- Washington, DC (Landover, MD)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Gillette Stadium sent out emails saying people will be turned away if they try to get there before 3pm on the show day. We were allowed to park and line up at 8am.

Morning of, I would think, is ok to linger around. They probably have county ordinances against overnight camping though.

My dad and I will be at this show. It's about a 2 hour drive to the venue from where we live so we're gonna leave around 7-9AM.

Any tips on what we should do to try to get into the Pit or right outside of the outer rail?

I have a GA ticket, but I injured my knee.

Anybody willing to trade it for a stand?

I will be in DC ffrom Monday on.

Trust me Fed Ex Field will need some coordination. There are 3 entrances into the Stadium. People will line up but this show needs wristbands so there is no craziness. Nothing has been posted to my knowledge regarding when the lot opens up or GA Procedures for Fed Ex Field.

Trust me Fed Ex Field will need some coordination. There are 3 entrances into the Stadium. People will line up but this show needs wristbands so there is no craziness. Nothing has been posted to my knowledge regarding when the lot opens up or GA Procedures for Fed Ex Field.

The lots open at noon

Is there any way to know if fans will be numbering the early-arrivers in line? I plan to get there around noon...hopefully that's early enough to get in the inner circle...?

Whoever has experience w/ this: how early did you arrive to get really close?:hmm:

850pm Sun EDT. GA tix available on Ticketmaster

Seems to be a rather large ticket drop of GA tix, I noticed they were available at 1:35 PM Sunday Eastern Time and they are still available now at midnight, even in a quantity of 50 which cost $3,777.50.:wink:

Is there any way to know if fans will be numbering the early-arrivers in line? I plan to get there around noon...hopefully that's early enough to get in the inner circle...?

Whoever has experience w/ this: how early did you arrive to get really close?:hmm:

Reports from the first 8 shows in North America have shown that people can still get into the inner circle after 6:00 PM. Some have even said 7:30 PM or 8:00 PM. But don't wait that long because then your definitely taking a chance.

The more important thing to be thinking about is TRAFFIC. There are going to be roughly 90,000 people going to this show, the largest concert in Washington DC area history, by a considerable amount. Plus, Washington DC has its normal rush hour traffic, combine the two, and if you leave to late, you could be sitting in traffic for several hours.

I heard that the Paul McCartney concert at FEDEX FIELD which only had attendance of 50,000 on a Saturday night had a lot of traffic problems, and they had to actually delay the start of the concert. Nearly twice as many people are going to this show, and its on a Tuesday evening when many people just trying to get home from work on the beltway.

anyone know the camera policy for this place?
i was thinking of taking my old 35mm canon film camera - no special lenses. just the basic one that came with it. it's got a focus on it and isn't a point and shoot.
think i can get it in?

due to finances (and lay offs in my house hold) i haven't been able to go to any shows yet on the tour, we even had to sell our NY tix. DC will be Matt and my first show on the tour, and we can't wait!!!!!!!! it's been so hard not seeing anything, i had to get off of interference for the summer and have tried carefully never to look at u2.com so i can be totally surprised at the show!

anyway, looking forward to seeing everyone there, superfan and lauramullen....:wave::wave:

can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sooooooooooo excited!!! :dance: :rockon: :hyper:

U2 GA Policy in DC on Tuesday!!!

Any word on GA policy for the DC show? What time can people start lining up? etc...

The more important thing to be thinking about is TRAFFIC. There are going to be roughly 90,000 people going to this show, the largest concert in Washington DC area history, by a considerable amount. Plus, Washington DC has its normal rush hour traffic, combine the two, and if you leave to late, you could be sitting in traffic for several hours.

I'm planning on taking some "super-secret" back roads to the stadium. I've been there several times, and have learned where the bottlenecks are, how to avoid them, etc. I did this for a recent game, and sat in a "back-up" for only 5 minutes coming in and leaving combined.

For all non-locals, I strongly recommend using the metro. You haven't experienced the DC Metro area unless you've taken a ride on our subway system. It's nowhere near as entertaining as NYC's subway, but it certainly has its moments.

Camera problem for FedEx Field

I just called them and they said that you are not allowed to bring ANY CAMERAS. They are forbidden.

Does it really mean we cannot take any cameras with us? usually in concerts they allow you take pocket cameras...

No water, no backpacks, no cameras...

I am disappointed as I wanted to capture some moments with it. Does anyone else know if we're really not allowed to bring any cameras to the show?

Thanks

People brought in point and shoots to the McCartney show there, and I think they had the same policy.

Do you honestly believe they would not allow cameras to a U2 show in the biggest stadium on this tour?

Verizon center told me the same thing when I called for the Vertigo tour. They're full of it. You can bring your camera. I think it's just a standard thing they say for all concerts, and the performers make the exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom