September 29th ---- FedEx Field ---- Washington, DC (Landover, MD)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, the Metro situation worries me. Guess my sister and I have to call taxi service or something.

The taxi would have to pick people up a mile or so away from the stadium because all the cars will be leaving. They also don't allow taxis to drive up to the stadium (for games at least).

So is it a really bad idea to take the metro? I'll have a car, but I was really, really hoping to leave it at the hotel (in Crystal City) and not have to hassle with parking. Did we already pay for parking with our tickets for this show? I can't even keep them straight anymore.

So is it a really bad idea to take the metro? I'll have a car, but I was really, really hoping to leave it at the hotel (in Crystal City) and not have to hassle with parking. Did we already pay for parking with our tickets for this show? I can't even keep them straight anymore.

I have a friend who is taking the metro. He said the last train leaves the station around 11:25, and the show supposedly ends at 10:45. For getting there, the trains will probably be packed because of rush hour plus concert people.

Hmmmmmmm.... I had hoped to take the Metro... But if the show ends at 10:45 and the last train is 11:25, that seems like cutting it a little close...

Hmmmmmmm.... Got some conflicting information here.

Link #1: Dr. Gridlock Tackles Your Traffic and Transit Issues - washingtonpost.com

Silver Spring, Md.: Do you know of any plans for Metro to stay open late on the 29th for the U2 concert at FedEx Field? The last train leaves Morgan Blvd. at 11:25, and assuming the concert ends at 11, there's no way thousands of people can make the mile trek to the station in that time. Thanks for your help!

Robert Thomson: Metrorail shuts at midnight on week nights, unless somebody pays to have it stay open late to handle crowds for a special event. As "Silver Spring" noted, the last Blue Line train leaving Morgan Boulevard in the direction of Franconia-Springfield departs at 11:25 p.m.

Metro hasn't announced any plans to stay open late on Sept. 29, but I'll check and post information on my Get There blog. It's a very expensive proposition, and I feel sure Metro won't be doing it unless someone associated with the concert is willing to pick up the tab.

Link #2: Got Plans?: Cavalia, Oktoberfest, Arlington Bars, Birthday Brunches, Whiskey - washingtonpost.com
U2 @ FedEx Field: Any chance you guys have the inside scoop on how FedEx Field will run the U2 concert? -how early can the general admission people arrive? -can we use their bathrooms? -do we have to pay for parking?

Thank you!

David: You can arrive VERY early. Really, really early. Like, at noon. That's when the parking lot opens. Box office opens at 3. Doors open at 5. Opening act at 7. You already paid for parking -- it's included in the ticket price. Also, Metro is extending its hours, so the last train will leave Morgan Boulevard at 12:24 a.m. And remember, there are many ways to get to the stadium. Exit 17B will absolutely be the most busy; there are plenty of other ways to get there.

So, um, the metro may or may not have extended hours.... Help! :)

Ticketmaster has released more seats to concert at FedEx. Just pulled up 2 seats in section 101, row 21. The tickets are $250 each + fees.

See you guys all on Tuesday!

Pls keep us posted on the Metro situation as it will definetly affect whether I drive or ride.

Also, the Redskins website mentions that there is a shuttle between the Metro station and the station? Sounds a tad confusing, as most people here say you have to walk a mile from one place to the other one...

U2 360° TOUR With special guest MUSE TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29TH – FedExField

In an effort to encourage carpooling and minimize automobile traffic for the U2 concert at FedExField on Tuesday, September 29, all concert attendees are encouraged to read the following:

ARRIVE EARLY: Parking lots will be open to concert attendees at NOON on day of show. Doors open: 5:00 pm, show begins 7:00 p.m.

BOX OFFICE: The box office is located adjacent to Sprint Gate A and opens at 3:00pm.
Persons who purchased tickets for box office pick-up will do so at this location. A limited number of tickets are also available for purchase.

CARPOOL: U2 Fans interested in ride sharing to attend the U2 360º Tour concert are encouraged to use a carpool site such as PickupPal which is free to join and to use. On the site members can post routes as passengers and/or drivers. For complete details, visit: U2 360? Tour Rideshare :: Powered by PickupPal

METRO: Blue Line to the Morgan Boulevard Metro Station. Exit onto the sidewalk, which will be on your right side after exiting the Metro gates, opposite the parking lot exit. Follow the sidewalk for less than a mile to FedExField. Metro hours have been extended by an hour for Tuesday night. Last train leaving from Morgan Boulevard Station is 12:24pm.

DIRECTIONS:

FROM NORTHERN VIRGINIA VIA THE WILSON BRIDGE

· 1-495/1-95 North to Exit 13 (Ritchie-Marlboro Rd.). Turn left (west) going toward Capital Heights. Follow the signs for Capital Heights around two traffic circles. The road will change names to Walker Mill Rd. Turn right onto Ritchie Rd. Ritchie Rd. will turn into Garrett A. Morgan Blvd. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/I-95 North to Exit 15 (Central Ave.) Bear left off the exit ramp and follow to the traffic light. Turn left at the traffic light onto Central Ave./214W.Turn right onto Garrett A. Morgan Blvd. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/I-95 North to Exit 16 (Arena Dr.). Turn left off the exit. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/I-95 North to Exit 17B (Landover Rd./MD-202 West) toward Bladensburg. Turn left at the traffic light onto Brightseat Rd. Follow to stadium. THIS WILL BE THE BUSIEST EXIT TO THE STADIUM AND SHOULD BE BYPASSED IF AT ALL POSSIBLE

FROM NORTHERN VIRGINIA VIA THE AMERICAN LEGION BRIDGE

· I-495/I-95 North to Exit 22B (Baltimore-Washington Parkway) toward Washington. Take the exit for MD-202. Turn left at the traffic light off the exit onto Landover Rd./MD-202 East (sign says South) toward Cheverly. Take Landover Rd./MD-202 East to Brightseat Rd. Turn right onto Brightseat Rd. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/I-95 North to Exit 19B (US-50 West) toward Washington. Take Exit 3 for Landover Rd./MD-202. Turn left at the traffic light off the exit onto Landover Rd./MD-202 East (sign says South) toward Cheverly. Take Landover Rd./MD-202 East to Brightseat Rd. Turn right onto Brightseat Rd. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/1-95 North to Exit 15B (Central Ave./214W).Turn right onto Garrett A. Morgan Blvd. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/I-95 North to Exit 16 (Arena Dr.). Turn right off the exit. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/I-95 North to Exit 17B (Landover Rd./MD-202 West) toward Bladensburg. Turn left at the traffic light onto Brightseat Rd. Follow to stadium.

FROM PRINCE GEORGE’S COUNTY

· I-495/I-95 to Exit 22B (Baltimore-Washington Parkway) toward Washington. Take the exit for MD-202. Turn left at the traffic light off the exit onto Landover Rd./MD-202 East (sign says South) toward Cheverly. Take Landover Rd./MD-202 East to Brightseat Rd. Turn right onto Brightseat Rd. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/I-95 to Exit 19B (US-50 West) toward Washington. Take Exit 3 for Landover Rd./MD-202. Turn left at the traffic light off the exit onto Landover Rd./MD-202 East (sign says South) toward Cheverly. Take Landover Rd./MD-202 East to Brightseat Rd. Turn right onto Brightseat Rd. Follow to stadium.

· Martin Luther King, Jr. Hwy/MD-704 Southwest. Take ramp onto Landover Rd./MD-202. Take Landover Rd./MD-202 to Brightseat Rd. Turn right onto Brightseat Rd. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/ I-95 to Exit 15 (Central Ave.) if coming from the south. Bear left off the exit ramp and follow to the traffic light. Turn left at the traffic light onto Central Ave./214W. Turn right onto Garrett A. Morgan Blvd. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/I-95 to Exit 15B (Central Ave./214W) if coming from the north. Turn right onto Garrett A. Morgan Blvd. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/I-95 to Exit 16 (Arena Dr.). Turn right off the exit if coming the north. Turn left off the exit if coming from the south. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/I-95 to Exit 17B (Landover Rd./MD-202 West) toward Bladensburg. Turn left at the traffic light onto Brightseat Rd. Follow to stadium.

FROM ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY

· US-50 West toward Washington. Take Exit 3 for Landover Rd./MD-202. Turn left at the traffic light off the exit onto Landover Rd./MD-202 East (sign says South) toward Cheverly. Take Landover Rd./MD-202 East to Brightseat Rd. Turn right onto Brightseat Rd. Follow to stadium.

· US-50 West to I-495/I-95 South to Exit 15B (Central Ave./214W).Turn right onto Garrett A. Morgan Blvd. Follow to stadium.

· US-50 West to I-495/I-95 South to Exit 16 (Arena Dr.). Turn right off the exit. Follow to stadium.

· US-50 West to I-495/I-95 South to Exit 17B (Landover Rd./MD-202 West) toward Bladensburg. Turn left at the traffic light onto Brightseat Rd. Follow to stadium.

FROM MONTGOMERY AND HOWARD COUNTIES

· I-495/I-95 to Exit 22B (Baltimore-Washington Parkway) toward Washington. Take the exit for MD-202. Turn left at the traffic light off the exit onto Landover Rd./MD-202 East (sign says South) toward Cheverly. Take Landover Rd./MD-202 East to Brightseat Rd. Turn right onto Brightseat Rd. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/I-95 to Exit 19B (US-50 West) toward Washington. Take Exit 3 for Landover Rd./MD-202. Turn left at the traffic light off the exit onto Landover Rd./MD-202 East (sign says South) toward Cheverly. Take Landover Rd./MD-202 East to Brightseat Rd. Turn right onto Brightseat Rd. Follow to stadium.

· Martin Luther King, Jr. Hwy/MD-704 Southwest. Take the ramp onto Landover Rd./MD-202. Take Landover Rd./MD-202 to Brightseat Rd. Turn right onto Brightseat Rd. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/I-95 to Exit 15B (Central Ave./214W). Turn right onto Garrett A. Morgan Blvd. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/I-95 to Exit 16 (Arena Dr.). Turn right off the exit. Follow to stadium.

· I-495/I-95 to Exit 17B (Landover Rd./MD-202 West) toward Bladensburg. Turn left at the traffic light onto Brightseat Rd. Follow to stadium.

FROM WASHINGTON, D.C.

· East Capitol St. (becomes Central Ave.) into Maryland. Turn left onto Garrett A. Morgan Blvd. Follow to stadium.

· New York Ave. (becomes US-50 East) into Maryland. Take Exit 3B for Landover Rd./MD-202 East toward Upper Marlboro. Take Landover Rd./MD-202 East to Brightseat Rd. Turn right onto Brightseat Rd. and follow to the Gray Lot. (Gray Lot only).

Ms.Baird
TicketMaster Customer Service
Maryland, NorthernVirginia, Washington DC
(301) 808-2405

The taxi would have to pick people up a mile or so away from the stadium because all the cars will be leaving. They also don't allow taxis to drive up to the stadium (for games at least).

Yeah, that's what we booked for. Same thing happened in Boston, and I was really glad to have walked about a mile or so to get to the cab and avoid the traffic.

However, since the Metro is extending to an hour, I just might take that instead.

Thanks, lovezeuser, for the update. Here's more information about the Metro:
WMATA sent out word today that it will be keeping the Metro system station open late on Tuesday night in order to accommodate U2 fans coming home from FedEx Field. All stations except Morgan Boulevard will be exit-only after midnight, but those who enter at Morgan Boulevard after midnight will find both trains waiting for them at that station, and additional trains at all transfer points on the Blue Line to take them to their destinations, Metro spokesperson Steven Taubenkibel said.

Metro to Stay Open Late for U2 Concert - DCist

Radio stations in the DC area are giving away inner circle wristbands to the show so.....these people will have access to get into the inner circle.

I know my friend had a chance to win a raffle for tickets and Inner circle experience for Chicago.

I know Mix 107.3 is doing a U-Tuesday promotion with a countdown!

Boo Elliot in the Morning Booooo!!!!!!!!! Get Rid of the Cheetah Laugh!

I go to some Skins games...and traffic is generally a nightmare at this place.

Take the Metro - I plan on trying this next time I go to a game.

Have AC/DC ever played in DC? It'd be nice to buy an AC/DC CD in DC for your PC. See?

Any meetups planned? I'm arriving by train on Sunday afternoon. Monday is for top tourist action.

you think it will change? right now it says noon is when you can park in their lots.. This can't be what's gonna happen cuz people are going to be lining up the nite before..

Police will kick people off the grounds if they try to walk in to the lot early and the area is not a place where you'd want to camp out off premises

Police will kick people off the grounds if they try to walk in to the lot early and the area is not a place where you'd want to camp out off premises

well, a lot of venues say or threaten this but it doesn't happen. Just saying people will be camping out there if not in the lot then across the street. Just about every show so far in the US 'the rules' that were given weren't necessarily abided by.

I will be attending the concert but I won't be able to get on the road until 5, which means I probably won't get there until after 6. Will there still be parking available or do I have to park in a lot and pay money? Also, I have inner circle wristbands that will be waiting at will call, does that allow me to get in early? Any info is appreciated

I will be attending the concert but I won't be able to get on the road until 5, which means I probably won't get there until after 6. Will there still be parking available or do I have to park in a lot and pay money? Also, I have inner circle wristbands that will be waiting at will call, does that allow me to get in early? Any info is appreciated

wristbands? You must have RED ZONE tickets (or VIP tix).. There are no wristbands for the pit/inner circle.

Can't help on the parking issue...I have never been to FEDEX Field before.

Yeah - the venue would have to bend the rules to let people on the property early. It's surrounded by residential neighborhoods, so neighbors could complain if too many campers show up.

. Will there still be parking available or do I have to park in a lot and pay money?

I went to another concert there, and parking was included in the ticket price (as a building/facility charge).

wristbands? You must have RED ZONE tickets (or VIP tix).. There are no wristbands for the pit/inner circle.

There are inner circle wristbands because I won them off of the radio. I don't think they have ever done that before so that's why no one knows about them.

well, a lot of venues say or threaten this but it doesn't happen. Just saying people will be camping out there if not in the lot then across the street. Just about every show so far in the US 'the rules' that were given weren't necessarily abided by.

Fedex is a completely different monster. PG County police will not tolerate kids trying to get around the rules, they are know to be among the most abusive, corrupt police in the country (I live nearby)

You may be able to park at "the Boulevard at Capital Center", and sneak onto the stadium grounds by foot, but your car is going to be a mile away.

There are inner circle wristbands because I won them off of the radio. I don't think they have ever done that before so that's why no one knows about them.

They had them at Giants Stadium, guaranteed that you could go in and out of the pit (different from red zone wrist bands which essentially allow the same thing)

Fedex is a completely different monster. PG County police will not tolerate kids trying to get around the rules, they are know to be among the most abusive, corrupt police in the country (I live nearby)

You may be able to park at "the Boulevard at Capital Center", and sneak onto the stadium grounds by foot, but your car is going to be a mile away.

all I am saying is the people who will be running the GA line will be able to get what they want in terms of lining up overnite or early in the morning. They have for all the shows so far. Regardless of the police.. it's the venue security that the GA line people will be dealing with.

One thing about fedex I've noticed is that they hire lots of county police for the lot entrances, and within the stadium and lots too. e.g. I tried to drive in to a "back lot" once, and they had police barricades and cars there, so I had to use a different entrance.

GENERAL ADMISSION TICKET DROP Under way for FEDEX FIELD September 29, 2009. Started at about 1:35 PM Eastern US Time Sunday September 27.

all I am saying is the people who will be running the GA line will be able to get what they want in terms of lining up overnite or early in the morning. They have for all the shows so far. Regardless of the police.. it's the venue security that the GA line people will be dealing with.

Exactly. Gillette Stadium sent out emails saying people will be turned away if they try to get there before 3pm on the show day. We were allowed to park and line up at 8am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom