September 29th ---- FedEx Field ---- Washington, DC (Landover, MD)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Metro

FYI, a lot of times Metro will stay open late for special events, if the organizer/promoter requests it (and pays for it). I'm hoping that they realize that a lot of people will be using Metro for this concert and will arrange for late-night Metro service. Otherwise, bring cab money.

Otherwise, bring cab money.

Actually, Fedex Field does not allow cabs onto the property (for football games at least). I've seen cabs turned away by security. The cab would have to be taken from the Metro stop.

Just an update on the 1st preason game. Central Ave. was a breeze to get into the stadium lots. Getting out that way may be a problem, because all of the Metro riders have to walk across parking lot exits on the way out on that side. Arena Drive may be a better choice overall.

Actually, Fedex Field does not allow cabs onto the property (for football games at least). I've seen cabs turned away by security. The cab would have to be taken from the Metro stop.

Just an update on the 1st preason game. Central Ave. was a breeze to get into the stadium lots. Getting out that way may be a problem, because all of the Metro riders have to walk across parking lot exits on the way out on that side. Arena Drive may be a better choice overall.

Thanks Ntalwar. I was just in DC last week for a meeting and I did a "driveby" of Central Ave. I see what you mean by pedestrian traffic to the Metro, otherwise that seems the best option. My sister is coming to the show with me and she'll be 5 months pregnant so walking to the Metro is out for us.
I think the plan I'm going to go with enter on Landover Road to Redskins Rd. and (hopefully) park in one of the lots closest to the exit. I hope to arrive around 3pm so hopefully this will be before the traffic crush...

^ 3pm should be ok. Keep in mind that attendants will direct people on where to park (lot as well as space). There is a gray lot on Sherriff road, but I'm not sure if people can park there on their own.

Do I have to just show my ticket when going to park, since I already paid for parking when I bought the ticket

Limo service?

My wife and I are staying at a hotel in National Harbor and are thinking about taking a limo to fedex field for the show. Anyone interested in going in on a limo to and from national harbor, Let me know.

anyone going early for GA have room for someone in their vehicle from DC to FedEx and back? :huh:
can pay gas fare/offer a cheap GA ticket

PM me

GA rules for FED-EX?

Does anyone know the GA floor rules for FED-EX. I read some rules are different with each venue.

When do the GA gates open?
How early can you line up?
How late can you line up and still get a decent view (i.e. close to catwalk if not actual stage)?

Thanks ... I'm hoping to not have to take an entire day off for this but will of course if necessary.

Will Obama make appearance at DC show?

anyone think there is a chance of this? Would be kind of cool though with security may make getting in and out of stadium a bit of a hassle.

I'm thinking of getting there around noon....is that a good time since I have GA tickets and want to be close?

No official opening times have been announced for the stadium grounds. For games, they open 4 hours beforehand. For Boston, they sent out emails saying that they are opening grounds (for GA, etc.) at 3pm for the 7pm show. I wouldn't be surprised if Fedex tries that.

Does anyone by any chance have room for 3 people from the stadium to DC?
We have a hostel in Takoma and we'll porbably miss the last metro.

What are other options of getting back to the city?

We have a hostel in Takoma and we'll porbably miss the last metro.

What are other options of getting back to the city?

I'm not aware of other options. The metro should be fine though. They sometimes have night games at the stadium which end about the same time on weekdays, and I haven't heard of any complaints.

I'm not aware of other options. The metro should be fine though. They sometimes have night games at the stadium which end about the same time on weekdays, and I haven't heard of any complaints.

Cool.
Thanks for the info.

so nobody wants a red zone ticket for this show? are there any pre/post show meet ups?

I'd be up for a meet-up too, but it would probably have to be on the lower level, which has only concession stands. The Club level has a few restaurants and bars, but requires a club level seat to get up there. There's nothing around the stadium area.

Metro Update

Just asked Washington Post's traffic and transit expert if there's any plans for Metro to stay open late. This was his reply:

Metrorail shuts at midnight on week nights, unless somebody pays to have it stay open late to handle crowds for a special event. As "Silver Spring" noted, the last Blue Line train leaving Morgan Boulevard in the direction of Franconia-Springfield departs at 11:25 p.m.

Metro hasn't announced any plans to stay open late on Sept. 29, but I'll check and post information on my Get There blog. It's a very expensive proposition, and I feel sure Metro won't be doing it unless someone associated with the concert is willing to pick up the tab.

Basically, like I said before, unless the concert organizers paid for it, the last Metro train leaves the station at 11:25. Since I'm up in 430, I'll be lucky if I get out of the stadium at that time. Looks like I'm getting Zipcar and driving.

Basically, like I said before, unless the concert organizers paid for it, the last Metro train leaves the station at 11:25.

Good point - didn't realize they have to pay extra. For Monday Night football, the Metro stays open until 1am, but I haven't seen any news on plans for U2. I'll drive as well, and might even park off site because they had long waits to get out for McCartney. Football games have long waits as well usually, unless you park near a lot exit.

OK, just got a final verdict from Metro:

Anytime Metro's hours are extended, Metro enters into contract with the event planner. U2 Concert's event planner is the Redskins. The Redskins' decision is not to have the rail's hours extended. The reason being is the concert will be over by 10:45p.m., this leaves enough time for concert attendees to complete their rail commute before the system close at midnight. Therefore, our hours will not be extended

First Concert EVER!

I won inner circle wristbands to the U2 concert at FedEx Field. :lol: I have no idea what that means. Can anyone tell me how this whole concert process works? I am 26 and have never been to a concert, let alone special seats. Anyones feedback is appreciated :D

It means you are gonna be crushed like a sardine right by the stage maybe:ohmy:

Just kidding

Inner Circle is the area closes to the stage it is standing

If you get the chance to go

GO !!!!!!!!!! It is phenomenal:up::up:

Has anyone been in the inner circle before? I am just wondering about how long the concert is? I am leaving at 5 and should be there before 7 b/c it's only an hour drive.

I have no idea what that means either b/c wristbands weren't used at the shows that I've been too and I'm not aware that they are being used at any US shows. I'm sure someone will make something up before next week.

Radio stations in the DC area are giving away inner circle wristbands to the show so.....these people will have access to get into the inner circle.

I know my friend had a chance to win a raffle for tickets and Inner circle experience for Chicago.

I know Mix 107.3 is doing a U-Tuesday promotion with a countdown!

I won inner circle wristbands to the U2 concert at FedEx Field. :lol: I have no idea what that means. Can anyone tell me how this whole concert process works? I am 26 and have never been to a concert, let alone special seats. Anyones feedback is appreciated :D

These are GA standing tickets... there are no seats in the inner circle. Get ready to be packed in with about 2,500 other u2 fans. The plus side is you will be very close to the band which is very cool.

Hey there,

Sorry I haven't looked through all the pages, but I am wondering if any fans from the Harford County area are going down and want to carpool? I have GA but I won't be getting on the road until 4 pm. If anyone else is going down at that time, let me know we can all meet up.

See you all next week!
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom