September 22 and 23, 2010 - Brussels - Koning Boudewijnstadion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link to the webcam. I`m trying to work out where my hotel is - staying the Best Western Expo, supposed to be next door/5 mins walk. Hoping and waiting for the post again today when I really could have had a lie in as working twilight and on call again tonight :sad:

I found out my redzone tickets don't get sent out. I need to get them from the box office. That's fine though, at least I don't have to worry about them being lost in the post.

GA queue was always fine for the shows last year, people look out for each other and hold places.

Watch out for fans sneakily pushing in though. I noticed at a fair few shows that you will get a couple of people in the queue with the same tshirts on, some fanclub or other. Then you get other people they know with the same tshirt coming along much later and chatting to the ones in the queue. Then all of a sudden the new ones are in the queue also!!! I saw them doing it in Dublin and London shows.

D

:sad: Still nothing............:scream:

Worst thing is I won`t be in for the postal delivery tomorrow or sat and my friend has posted the Brussels I tickets from USA to me recorded/signed for delivery and I know they left USA yesterday. The only day I`ll be at home next week is tuesday so I think I`ve completely blown it at receiving those tickets.

I hate the post :angry:

Pam,

I'm staying at the Expo as well.

If you look at the stadium from above, the main roof extends around both ends and one side, then there is a separate section containing the main entrance along the other side. The hotel is on the main road opposite this section, which is separated from the road by a sort of green area/park type thing.

The GA entrance is also at the right hand end of this section, at the opposite end of the stadium to where the claw will be.

Hope that helps and you have a happy ending to your ticket problems.

Another one volunteering their help in the GA line here :up:

I've had my ticket for the 22nd for a week now, and I bought it off eBay, so the person I bought it from must have had it for longer than that.

What time do you think the queue will start to form ?

Quite early , We are gonna be around VERY early.
I bet those Italians will camp out the day before. they always come with a group of seven people or something. But I think at 9 it will be nice and busy already.

Thanks for posting the webcam, thats really good.

Still no Thursday tickets delivered to me in the UK, only ordered them 11 months ago, not impressed. Luckily I dont plan to get in to the gig early but I still dont fancy having to join a box office queue.

Good luck to all who are waiting for the post.

If the tickets are delivered tomorrow before midday I have 1 last chance to receive them and that is tuesday - have worked out what bus to catch to the sorting office which is in the middle of an industrial estate :(

Please Royal Mail deliver my tickets :pray:

If the tickets are delivered tomorrow before midday I have 1 last chance to receive them and that is tuesday - have worked out what bus to catch to the sorting office which is in the middle of an industrial estate :(

Please Royal Mail deliver my tickets :pray:

Are you anticipating that you will need to sign for them?

I didn't need to sign for the tickets but I guess that doesn't say anything about ticktets that are being shipped first. Ah I hope there is some kind of supermarket near the hotel or stadium as well . I think it's safer to buy some drinks and food for in the ga in the city centre of Brussels just in case . I don't want to starve :p

My tickets for the first night are being sent from a friends in USA and she posted them recorded delivery so yes I need to sign for them :sad:. If (!) my tickets arrive for the 2nd night it sounds like they are sent normal post so they will just get pushed through the door.

Hopefully with my hotel being so close to the stadium we could always use the hotel for loo facilities and getting food and drinks if there is nothing at the stadium. :hug:

Got tix for the 22nd 12 days ago

Still no ticks for the 23rd today :sad:
Next week hopefully :| :pray:

It's gonna be pretty crowded and messed up at the ticket box if they mess this up after 11 months waiting :madwife::madwife:

Still nothing here for the 23rd, getting a bit stressy but seeing as others are reporting non arrival of tickets it is comforting and gives me hope that maybe they will all come soon.

Well my 1st night tickets from USA are now in the UK (arrived yesterday according to USP tracking) so what do you bet they will try to deliver them today or monday when I won`t be at home :huh:

At least it looks hopeful that I will actually get my tickets for one of the shows though will have to somehow get to my sorting office to collect them on tuesday. :angry:

Anyone received their 2nd night tickets today?

Post just arrived and still nothing re 23rd :scream:

I'll email them on Monday and see whether i can collect the 23rd tickets when i collect my 22nd tickets from the Box Office :crack:

It seems UK seems to have a problem with 2nd night tickets :tsk:

My birthday is so gonna suck now :(

That is really crap that you haven`t got either nights tickets. At least it is looking good for my 22nd tickets though of course still got to get in with tickets that I`ve got off someone else :shifty: I really hope the Belgium security don`t check Id and letters of authority for everyone.

I`m not surprised the Royal Mail are being privatised - I have noticed a really big decline in getting mail delivered when I arrange redelivery and my local sorting office never answer the phone so you have to sort out redelivery online but you have to give them about 1 weeks notice! The office if you want to collect in person is only open 9 - 12 mon to fri the 7 - 10 on saturdays - not very friendly hours when you work fulltime!

Oh well fingers crossed for everyone :hug:

My update : Saturday morning and the postman has been.

I am still awaiting Thursday night tickets .

I like the idea that those who are in Brussels for both nights should ask if they can collect their Thursday night tickets from the box office on the Wednesday . It wouldn't make life easier for everyone of course , but might be good for some.

If no post has arrived by Thursday I reckon I will be phoning up Belgium .

Anyway , mini-rant over . I am looking forward to a couple of great shows in a country who's beers I love . With a two nighter in a country where U2 have played plenty of gigs before I reckon we could have quite an exciting set list .

I keep imaging a post bag from Belgium to England is sitting in a corner in a London sorting office somewhere :sigh:

We get there early afternoon Tuesday so maybe they should allow fans to collect from then? :shrug:

It's worth asking i suppose :yes:

What are your travel details?

I`m arriving on eurostar at just after 4pm then waiting for about half an hour for Joyce and Ingrid who also coming on eurostar. Then we`ll be heading to our hotel opp the stadium. Would be good to meet up that evening - get us all in the mood! Do you know any good places to go for drinks etc?

I am arriving on the Eurostar about 1730 on the Tuesday and will most definately be out drinking that evening. Seated for Wednesday's show so have no urgency to be at the Stadium early the next day.

My friend and I are flying out at 2pm uk time so should be at the hotel late afternoon. Check in, then back into Brussels for some beers.

Getting excited now !

Hi, I am late to the discussion but a friend and I are also going to the Brussels shows, and we are also waiting for our night 2 tickets to arrive in the US. We will get to Brussels Tuesday evening and are doing seats both nights, so we would be interested in meeting up with others Tuesday night or possibly Wednesday or Thursday afternoon.

I looked up bars in Brussels and these are a few that look good - I don't know the city but they seem to be pretty centrally located and near metro stops:
Le Greenwich in Brussels - Lonely Planet Travel Information
À la Bécasse in Brussels - Lonely Planet Travel Information
Daringman in Brussels - Lonely Planet Travel Information

Anybody interested in choosing a place and planning to meet up?

I'm going to Brussels from London on my own and wouldn't mind meeting up with people before the shows on Wednesday and Thursday.

Still waiting for my email from Proximus for my redzone stuff.

D :)

What are your travel details?

I`m arriving on eurostar at just after 4pm then waiting for about half an hour for Joyce and Ingrid who also coming on eurostar. Then we`ll be heading to our hotel opp the stadium. Would be good to meet up that evening - get us all in the mood! Do you know any good places to go for drinks etc?

Actually we're not coming by Eurostar. :wink: We're taking the Intercity train that comes directly from Holland. It's free for us inside Holland as we're students, so our total train ride from Amsterdam to Brussels and back costs us 29 euros in total.Thalys would've been 75, so yeah. Easy choice!

For drinks I'd suggest an Irish pub. :shifty: There aren't too many in Brussels sadly, but O Reilly's is a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom