September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone been to the Paradise Theater (apparently also known as The Paradise Rock Club)? Is this bit of a landmark worth visiting for a U2 fan? I thought it would be kind of interesting to see where they are said to have first played in America (even though they played in New York like a week before).

Is it obvious I'm excited for my first trip out there? :hyper:

Last edited:
Question for those familiar with area around Gillette Stadium...

I read here somewhere that Gillette won't open the premises for lining up for the GA inner circle until 3PM...

Either

a) that is TOTAL nonsense

or

b) they'll stop cars from coming in the parking lot but not people from lining up SOMEWHERE in or around the vicinity.

So, to those of you familiar with the area -

Where could I put my car if we are not permitted in the parking lot until a certain time, but are NO WAY IN HELL going to allow that to prevent us from lining up somewhere FAR earlier than that?

Any suggestions from Bostonians who already have a game plan for this would be much appreciated!

What do you think the danger level of getting your car towed if you parked at the Bass Pro Shop or CBS Scene Restaurant to actually get on the GA line early?

What do you think is the best bet for those people that need to ditch their car without worrying about it to get on line early...then get back to it somewhat easily after the concert ends?

Looks as though I'm parking at Patriot Place Mall and then getting the car when the main parking lot opens while my wife holds our spot in line.

Looks as though I'm parking at Patriot Place Mall and then getting the car when the main parking lot opens while my wife holds our spot in line.

I was at Patriot Place the other day & that might be a good idea. However, I read that they time ticket all cars on EVENT DAYS and if your car remains in one of the store parking lots after a certain time, you'll be fined a hefty fee. Im not sure how they know which cars are for the stores and which are using the lot for an event-unless the car is still there after closing time.

Im alittle confused as to what time I should get to the stadium (not GA though). What time would be good to avoid the pre-show traffic? Also, Does getting there earlier mean you will be one of the first to leave the stadium?

I'm going to park my "van down by the river" and walk to the stadium
Will cover all U2 related items in/on car. Thgrow (some more)trash around inside and make it look abandoned

I just went down to Gillette tongiht and there are already 17 people lined up at the gate.

Yea, second thread!

I still have business to take care of, if anyone cares:

--I need a ride for my sister and I *to* Gillette on Monday from Boston/Cambridge.

--I have 2 Monday GAs to sell.

all these rumors about the parking at Gillette or Patriot Place mall are making me nervous. But at the same time I had to say, Really?? I've never been to Gillette stadium, but I've been to a few venues.

Why does it seem like they make it very difficult at Gillette? First there's no public transportation (or very limited service), then no parking until 3pm even when they're ripping us off by charging $40/car? What kind of mayor does this city have?

People are known to tailgate on game days, hours before the match. Parking is usually plentiful and opens early. I've arrived hours before a concert in the past without any problem, and there had been people lining up before my arrival.

all these rumors about the parking at Gillette or Patriot Place mall are making me nervous. But at the same time I had to say, Really?? I've never been to Gillette stadium, but I've been to a few venues.

Why does it seem like they make it very difficult at Gillette? First there's no public transportation (or very limited service), then no parking until 3pm even when they're ripping us off by charging $40/car? What kind of mayor does this city have?

Gillette Stadium and its parking lots are privately owned by the Kraft family, so they can do whatever they want - charge outrageous fees, open lots when they choose, etc. They built it with their own money, so it's their 'house'. We should just be glad they didn't build it in Hartford, as they had threatened to do, or we wouldn't have an NFL-sized stadium venue in Massachusetts at all.

Public transportation is limited because it's not cost effective to build the infrastructure for heavy use less than 50 days each year (assuming maybe a dozen NFL games, some soccer games, and a handful of concerts).

I don't live in Foxboro, but everything I've heard leads me to believe that most residents (and therefore the mayor) HATE having the stadium in their town. Any residents on here care to comment?

Foxboro doesn't have a mayor. The town is run by selectman.

And yeah, the Krafts own that whole area, so they can do whatever they want.

:up:Yeah a 2nd thread

I wonder how early I should get there for a handicapped parking spot? It doesn't look like there's a whole lot. We're in seats so no GA line to worry about--I can't imagine parking really opens at 3?????

Does anyone have any guesses about the band coming in for soundcheck next week?
I am planning on going down there for that but was wondering if it will be Fri (2days before show like they did in Chicago). Also, with that forecast and possibility of rain-will that change things. I can't see Larry sitting in the rain at his droom kit for a rehearsal.
If i can figure out how to upload photos to my computer, I will post pics of the claw being built. Even my kids are excited to see that.

I'd be surprised if they sound-checked before Sunday afternoon. The production gear probably won't arrive in Foxboro until late Friday or even Saturday (coming from Thursday night's show in Toronto). They're only rehearsing in Chicago because they have time to do it, with no show beforehand.

I have a hunch the band won't even stay locally, but will commute to/from their homes in NYC. According to Willie's diary, they commuted to many of the European shows from their homes in Nice.

I have to drive up next Saturday and my check engine light just went on. I don't have the money to get my car fixed

I have to drive up next Saturday and my check engine light just went on. I don't have the money to get my car fixed

Oh no! I've been worried about the same thing happening to me. I just spent $300 to replace my brakes last week in preparation for this trip. They had told me about it in July, but I had to save up some $ first. I knew I had to do it before this trip.

Laura, if you don't have your car, I can give you a ride to Boston. However, I have a lot of other plans that may not necessarily fit your schedule. I'm planning to meet my friends in Dartmouth, MA on Saturday morning/afternoon, so I'm leaving on Friday evening. I'll drive for about 3-4 hours to Milford, CT, and spend the night there. Then in the morning continue on to Dartmouth.

Also, there is a possibility that I may have to drive back on the 21st and miss Boston 2 show. Work is hectic for me right now and I just can't afford taking 4 days off in a row that week. The stupid schedule change in NJ messed up my plans :mad:

Vjacqb---"My moment: "Edge, can I please have my sharpie back?" --- March 3, 2009 outside of Ed Sullivan Theater"

This makes me laugh every time.... and pray tell, what was Edge's response? Did he kindly return the sharpie? Did he give you the evil eye? :D

I can deal with the cooler temps... but I really dont want it to rain. No rain, no rain, no rain...

In the event that I can't sell my Boston tix I am trying to figure out a way to make Gillette a possibility....after reading through the 70 pages of this thread and doing a bit of research, it seems that without a car, you are a bit screwed in Foxboro! By any chance, is anyone with a car staying at or near the Hampton Inn in Norwood that could give me a lift to the stadium? I have a nosebleed for Sunday (unless I can swap out for a GA) and GA on Monday....just curious before I give up on this one! I was told that the hotel on the premises has such a monopoly that no other hotels are allowed to run shuttles and taxis sound like they will cost me more than the whole trip from NYC. Of course I would chip in for gas/parking.
Thanks in advance! Lisa

I went down to Gillette today. Talked to a security guy (who seemed to be "in charge") and he said there is only one GA entrance. There are several other entrances but the Ga one is by the ticket office.
He was pretty stuck on the fact that NOONE will be allowed on the grounds until the day of "maybe a few hours earlier than usual if the crowd is big". I explained the whole GA line/overnight thing to him and he said "well they can line up wherever they like but not on the grounds til the day of." and "cars will get towed if they park in the shopping areas."
Also, he said the GA will hold 12,000 people (smaller than the European leg?)
I was VERY excited to clearly be able to see the field from the outside. There are sets of stairs going up to the shopping areas that provide a beautiful view of the field. In fact, I wondered if you didn't even need a ticket to enjoy the show as the surrounding area is all public shopping/bar/restauants.
CBS scene overlooks the field and has outdoor seating so what a cool place to watch a soundcheck. I plan on parking myself on the stairs and trying to sneak a peak if I can time it right. Anyone else care to join me?
I got soooo excited just driving down there today and there isn't even a claw yet.
BTW, good call on the Stoneforge GRill for meet up. Looks much better than Fusion 5.
:up:

I know the line will start the night before. Someone will started off of the property

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom