September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be an insane week for me. Working from today until Thursday, picking up bonoishot from the airport Friday morning, doing the tourist thing with her Saturday, meetup that night, and GA next Sunday and Monday! :crazy: :hyper:

one week to go!!!

Anyone have 2 9/21 GA's for sale in this thread still? I thought i saw somebody had 2 ga for sale but i dunno if it was in old thread or what.. Some friend an her boyfriend i know will be coming with cash in hand.

Yes, as of now (there's someone who said Monday-Tuesday they'd know, but if someone else nabs 'em first, that's okay).

one week to go!!!

Anyone have 2 9/21 GA's for sale in this thread still? I thought i saw somebody had 2 ga for sale but i dunno if it was in old thread or what.. Some friend an her boyfriend i know will be coming with cash in hand.

I believe rosephile has GA tickets for 9/21. You should PM her.

eta I see she just confirmed above. I should read the entire thread before posting. lol

So excited for this week to go by. Im alittle upset I will be missing night 1 but thats fine hopefully 2 will be more fun being a Monday night!

Hoping I finally get to hear Bad/New Years Day.

My offer still stands $30 for the person that saves me a spot in line...haha. I know once the first night GA crew leaves they are getting right back in line. Atleast I will know where to line up at.

Sorry Lisa, unfortunately I don't really know anything about the shuttles, but I'm sure most transportation will be kind of pricey from Norwood, because its about a 10 minute ride and there really isn't much demand for it. If its possible, I would recommend trying to reserve at a closer hotel within walking distance, I know there are tons of hotels and motels near Gillette, but yes probably more expensive. They really make it tough for people to get there, but since there are usually only 3 or 4 concerts every year, most people are somewhat local for the football and soccer games and have cars or take the train from boston or providence.

do you know what time I should get there to make sure I get a handicapped parking spot? Walking on crutches from one of the far lots will just about kill me!

Also, what's the scoop with cameras?

Thanks, and enjoy your first U2 show!

I would recommend getting there probably within the first hour that parking starts, because although there are limited ADA tickets, and they probably have parking for around the same number as are ADA tickets, many people who use the handicapped parking spots don't even have ADA tickets. I've had several handicapped people come up to me requesting to sit in the ADA section even though they dont have tickets. So I would try to come as early as possible.

As far as cameras, they are definitely allowed, detachable lenses are allowed too, they just have to be examined by the screeners, and I believe the lenses can't be larger than 2 inches or something like that? Basically, any basic camera is fine. Video cameras are definitely not allowed though. Hope that helps!

I may have to rent a car to drive up. I'm going to take my car to the dealer tomorrow without an appointment and see what they say.

My friend cant get out of work very early on Monday. Do you think if we left at 5pm from Providence, we'd be in the stadium by 7pm? Im thinking of asking her 430, to ensure we cut off as much providence traffic as possible.

Sorry Lisa, unfortunately I don't really know anything about the shuttles, but I'm sure most transportation will be kind of pricey from Norwood, because its about a 10 minute ride and there really isn't much demand for it. If its possible, I would recommend trying to reserve at a closer hotel within walking distance, I know there are tons of hotels and motels near Gillette, but yes probably more expensive. They really make it tough for people to get there, but since there are usually only 3 or 4 concerts every year, most people are somewhat local for the football and soccer games and have cars or take the train from boston or providence.

Thanks for the info Renee...when I booked the hotel in Norwood everything near the stadium was sold out or overpriced...I'm going to research this a bit more. As much as I want to go, you're right..they aren't making it easy on people without cars! Thanks again, Lisa

Providence isn't far at all. Kinda just down the street a ways. But, traffic getting into the stadium, you'll be one of the ones who arrives just before the band takes the stage

SMB

Providence isn't far at all. Kinda just down the street a ways. But, traffic getting into the stadium, you'll be one of the ones who arrives just before the band takes the stage

SMB

Reallly? What time do you think one shoul dleave from Providence to get there for 7-8?

I'd leave at 4, but u can't ask her to get outta work earlier either if she can't. Looks like a cold rain for Sunday now

SMB

I'd leave at 4, but u can't ask her to get outta work earlier either if she can't. Looks like a cold rain for Sunday now

SMB

4 hours to get from PRov to Foxboro on e vent days? WOW. UGH>

Ill mention it to her that it could take that long. Shes not a huge fan, so leaving early isnt a priority. If she was, shed leave early. Get my drift? lol

No, please no rain......

Sorry still a little confused about the parking thing....

For those of you going early to line up for GA, where are you going to park? Do you park at the mall or another lot early in the AM and then move your car to a main lot around 3pm?

Thanks!

I'm not sure where I'm going to park yet. I'm going to check it out on Saturday

I would recommend getting there probably within the first hour that parking starts, because although there are limited ADA tickets, and they probably have parking for around the same number as are ADA tickets, many people who use the handicapped parking spots don't even have ADA tickets. I've had several handicapped people come up to me requesting to sit in the ADA section even though they dont have tickets. So I would try to come as early as possible.

Thanks for the info! One more question, where is the ADA section? When I emailed the stadium they said that if I found my seats to be to difficult to get to (section 130, row 20something) that they could possibly move me to another location--would they move the 3 other people I'm going with too?

I don't think there would be problem with parking at the mall in the morning and then moving your car, but you definitely can't park there during the game. They have gates when you drive in and you get a ticket w/ a time stamp and I think you get like 2 hours or so to shop. So unless they have the gates closed in the morning before the shops open, I think you should prob be ok, but don't quote me on that I'm just guessing. They probably don't tow your car, but if you leave after the concert from mall parking, you absolutely need your ticket otherwise you get fined like $150.

As far as parking in the employee lots goes, they have been pretty easy-going in the past, but you now need a game/concert day parking pass to get to those lots. (I work for Team Ops, the Gillette Stadium security) So I think they are cracking down.

Traffic IS absolutely horrible and there is really no way to avoid it. I would say best bet is to park at one of the lots farther away for around $30 or even farther away for $20. Also, park on the opposite side that you come from so that exiting is easier. It is really hard to find places to turn around and cross 5 lanes of traffic. If you are leaving on route 495 or 95 you will prob wait in traffic AT LEAST an hour or two, but fortunately I have found that if you can avoid 495 or 95, or perhaps get on at a different exit, if you head towards 95 and turn into the mcdonalds on your left, you can get onto north street, and avoid at least part of the horrendous traffic. From there you can easily get to route 1A etc. (by taking winter st). Sorry this was a long explanation but I hope it helps at least someone.

And finally, you can definitely see very well from the mall area/CBS scene into the stadium, but I would say that the sound will probably not too great. Even when I work ticket-taking at the entrances, I sometimes cannot hear whats going on in the stadium. At least for the country fest there, I was at one of the entrances and I could not for the life of me tell who was singing. At the same time I've heard residents saying they could hear the concert from their house, so who knows, I'm guessing its more of jumble of sound.

let me know if anyone has any questions about Gillette stadium policies and such and what is allowed in the stadium, cuz I've worked as an usher, screener, ticket-taker, etc. at the stadium

BTW I am soo excited for this show! I can't believe its in about 1 week! This is my first U2 show too! :D The only thing I am not looking forward to is the crazy GA line. Lets hope its not a repeat of Chicago.

Thank you! Did not know that re: shopping area, I was told what I said by what I thought were reliable people, but I trust you more as a regular employee there.

Please everyone disregard what I said about the mall!

As for being able to hear the concert from CBS scene area, I would suggest the PA system for Kenney Chesney could have been the issue. AC/DC had a ton of PA and I heard it clear from outside, the Claw is equally STACKED with PA, so I think it may be alright.

Also, direction of the wind can be a factor.

I am not sure how accurate any prediction of weather will be a week out. I would be worried if we still see rain 24-48 hours out, but this is way too early to make ANY kind of call on the weather.

My aunt remembers the JT tour at the old Foxboro stadium- pouring rain all day/night, the show after Bono broke his arm on a wet stage in DC. This did not affect the length of the show at all. Or the quality- people in the area still talk about it today!

I do hope for a day like today was next Sunday and Monday, however! I was walking around Boston in shorts and flip flops. Would be nice to do the same for the concert!

This sounds much better, from the national weather service (National Weather Service Text Product Display) --but yeah, a week off, anything could change:
WESTERN NORFOLK MA-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BELLINGHAM...DEDHAM...FOXBORO...
MEDFIELD...NORWOOD...STOUGHTON...WELLESLEY
938 PM EDT SUN SEP 13 2009

.OVERNIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY LATE THIS EVENING...THEN CLEARING.
LOWS IN THE MID 50S. NORTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO
25 MPH.
.MONDAY...SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 70S. WEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.
.MONDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING...THEN BECOMING
MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS IN THE MID 50S. WEST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.
.TUESDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 70S. NORTHWEST WINDS
5 TO 10 MPH...BECOMING NORTHEAST IN THE AFTERNOON.
.TUESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 50S. NORTHEAST
WINDS AROUND 5 MPH.
.WEDNESDAY AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 30 PERCENT
CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S. LOWS IN THE UPPER 40S.
.THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT
CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE MID 60S. LOWS AROUND 50.
.FRIDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE MORNING.
HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS AROUND
50. HIGHS IN THE MID 60S.
.SUNDAY...PARTLY SUNNY WITH A 30 PERCENT CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGHS
IN THE UPPER 60S.

Thanks for the info! One more question, where is the ADA section? When I emailed the stadium they said that if I found my seats to be to difficult to get to (section 130, row 20something) that they could possibly move me to another location--would they move the 3 other people I'm going with too?

The ADA sections are basically platforms at the top of every other or so section. There are about 10-15 foldable chairs set-up. This is kind of a tricky issue always, because sometimes you get a section that is empty, so people who don't have ADA tickets but have mobility issues are allowed to sit there with their family/friends, but other times the seats are all filled. Technically, the ADA platform is for the one person with the handicap and one other family/friend. I think you will just have to see how full it is, but I'm guessing you will PROBABLY be able to find a spot for at least you and one other person, and if not the platform right above your section, then 1 or 2 sections over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom