September 20, 21 Gillette Stadium, Foxboro Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone going to be in the area of Gillette on the 19th, say in the afternoon. I'm going to go and check out the situation

Oh no! I've been worried about the same thing happening to me. I just spent $300 to replace my brakes last week in preparation for this trip. They had told me about it in July, but I had to save up some $ first. I knew I had to do it before this trip.

Laura, if you don't have your car, I can give you a ride to Boston. However, I have a lot of other plans that may not necessarily fit your schedule. I'm planning to meet my friends in Dartmouth, MA on Saturday morning/afternoon, so I'm leaving on Friday evening. I'll drive for about 3-4 hours to Milford, CT, and spend the night there. Then in the morning continue on to Dartmouth.

Also, there is a possibility that I may have to drive back on the 21st and miss Boston 2 show. Work is hectic for me right now and I just can't afford taking 4 days off in a row that week. The stupid schedule change in NJ messed up my plans :mad:

Thanks Alma, but I'm going to bite the big one and get my car fixed tomorrow. Everyone think positive thoughts that it will not cost a lot.

Good luck! My Dad bought us tickets to see West Side Story on 9/19/09 months before the tour dates were announced.:| So we will be driving up after the matinee and hoping to get some sleep before getting in line the following morning. We are staying at the Renaissance Spa Patriots Place, so I think we can just walk over. They didn't have any rooms available Sun. night so we will be making the long drive home after the concert...not fun!:sad:

My hotel is in Mansfield. 4 miles from the stadium. I can't afford to spend $400 a night and everything else was already booked. I had to wait till I came home from Dublin to book my hotel

I'm so hoping people don't line up overnight. If we all wait until morning, we would be more rested for the long day ahead as well as the concert.

I know, it's not a perfect world.

I have to drive up next Saturday and my check engine light just went on. I don't have the money to get my car fixed

Oh no. That does not sound good. :sad: Did you get gas recently. This may sound stupid, but that happened to me a couple of times with my old car, and then we figured out it was because the gas attendant opened the gas tank before I turned off the engine.

I couldn't find anything out about outside parking. Yes, there are lots but don't know when they'll open and the lots today were completely empty, no phone #s or anything to contact whomever.
I'm actaully thinking I may ride my bike from a friends home about 5 miles away. i know it sounds corny but I cannot figure out another plan a this point.

"My hotel is in Mansfield. 4 miles from the stadium. I can't afford to spend $400 a night and everything else was already booked. I had to wait till I came home from Dublin to book my hotel"

Laura- are you going to walk to and fro?
I may try to go donw on the 17th and 18th. 19th afternoon I cannot and I'm sure that's when they'll be there!
:waiting:

I couldn't find anything out about outside parking. Yes, there are lots but don't know when they'll open and the lots today were completely empty, no phone #s or anything to contact whomever.
I'm actaully thinking I may ride my bike from a friends home about 5 miles away. i know it sounds corny but I cannot figure out another plan a this point.

Thanks! Hopefully some of them will open up early. That really relieves me to know it's not just like, a busy road with no side-roads/residential area and then *one* parking lot, aside from the mall.

Oh no. That does not sound good. :sad: Did you get gas recently. This may sound stupid, but that happened to me a couple of times with my old car, and then we figured out it was because the gas attendant opened the gas tank before I turned off the engine.

I got gas on Monday and have driven to work 3 times. I got my oil changed last week too

There are some lots along Route 1, but I'm not sure what time they open.

Okay, cool. (I assume Route 1 is the road the stadium is off of...) I just wanted to be assured the Gillette lot & the mall weren't the only *possible* places to park.

I've got a question for Gillette regulars, too.

I've been shopping for tickets for the Sunday show on craigslist, and I've read several times from sellers that Club Level seating includes parking, or access to some special parking, etc. On the other hand, I've heard that parking at Gillette runs around $40. So I'm thinking that if those seats include a parking pass, they would be worth the splurge if only for absorbing the cost of parking.

I understand that the VIP tickets include parking, and these are not VIP tickets. I interpret that, if the seats include parking, it is a Gillette thing, not a U2 thing.

Can anyone confirm/debunk this claim that seats in the Club level include free parking, or are these sellers misleading to sell their tickets??? Certainly, "parking included" and "access to parking" are not the same thing.

Thanks!

hard to believe we're little over a week away....never thought this day would come!

i'm 99.9% sure i know the answer to this, but having just purchased a new (compact) camera that i'd hate to leave at the gate, i'll ask anyway - all cameras are allowed, with the exception of professional-type SLRs, right?? :)

Thanks Alma, but I'm going to bite the big one and get my car fixed tomorrow. Everyone think positive thoughts that it will not cost a lot.

My engine light goes on if I don't close my gas cap right, hopefully its something simple like that. If you need a ride though, take the train to NYC and then to Long Island and come with us! We are taking the ferry to Ct. and driving.

Is anyone going to be in the area of Gillette on the 19th, say in the afternoon. I'm going to go and check out the situation
I'm going to try to get there around noon the 19th, circumstances permitting, because I definitely want to check the place out ahead of time. I haven't seen the stadium since before the remodel.

"I've got a question for Gillette regulars, too.

I've been shopping for tickets for the Sunday show on craigslist, and I've read several times from sellers that Club Level seating includes parking, or access to some special parking, etc. On the other hand, I've heard that parking at Gillette runs around $40. So I'm thinking that if those seats include a parking pass, they would be worth the splurge if only for absorbing the cost of parking.

I understand that the VIP tickets include parking, and these are not VIP tickets. I interpret that, if the seats include parking, it is a Gillette thing, not a U2 thing.

Can anyone confirm/debunk this claim that seats in the Club level include free parking, or are these sellers misleading to sell their tickets??? Certainly, "parking included" and "access to parking" are not the same thing.

Thanks!"

I know there is a special back access road that I beleive is for special ticket holders. It enters from the opposide side of the main entrance and would allow easy in and exit. I had a friend refer to her club seats for patriots games and using this entrance as a perk so this may be what you're referring to. I think you could call/email Gillette to answer this question. If that is correct, it would be awesome to use that entrance as it is a straight shot in and you avoid all the hassel of rt 1 traffic.
I drove by it yesterday and the people that live there will get a good show experience(like it or not)

My hotel is in Mansfield. 4 miles from the stadium. I can't afford to spend $400 a night and everything else was already booked. I had to wait till I came home from Dublin to book my hotel

We were going to book a hotel in Mansfield then take a cab or shuttle to and from the stadium, but I happened to find the room at the Renaissance and booked it just a few days ago. It was more than I wanted to spend (almost $200 including tax) but it turned out to pretty much equal the cost of the hotel in Mansfield + the cab/shuttle $ for 4 people.

For what it's worth, the cab company told me that it's $20 from Mansfield hotels to Gillette. And the shuttle service is $10/per person each way. So we're talking $40 round trip by cab, and $20/person round trip with the shuttle.

Yeah, I was really surprised that the Renaissance still had rooms available for Sat. night AND that they were affordable! Laura, if you want to double check, I can go find the phone numbers for the cab and shuttle services. We have to drive back to southeastern CT right after the show because my husband can't miss work, and Sarah is going to school (because she's skipping Wed. to be in the GA line at Giants Stadium with me)!:hyper:

i'm staying at the gaard motel - about 1/3 - 1/2 a mile from the stadium and am paying $119. no idea how i landed this...luck i guess. when i called to confirm a few days ago, the owner thought he still had a room or 2 left for sunday night. here's the contact info if anyone wants it:

Gaard Motel
(508) 543-8398
8 Washington St, Foxboro, MA 02035

I will be driving from Westchester County, NY next Saturday to spend the night in the nearest, least expensive motel I can find along I-495 - to get an early start on Sunday.

I HAVE 2 EXTRA GA'S AVAILABLE FOR THE CONCERT ON THE 20TH TO ANYONE INTERESTED.

For what it's worth, the cab company told me that it's $20 from Mansfield hotels to Gillette. And the shuttle service is $10/per person each way. So we're talking $40 round trip by cab, and $20/person round trip with the shuttle.

Can you tell me if it's a terrible idea to park my car at Patriot Place for a few hours while I get on the GA line and wait for the actual parking area to open up?

I can't see them ticketing or towing me if this is less than 5 or 6 hours - there really will be no way for them to know that I am not actually in the mall.

As long as I move it mid-afternoon obviously and not wait until after the concert is over.

Can you tell me if it's a terrible idea to park my car at Patriot Place for a few hours while I get on the GA line and wait for the actual parking area to open up?

I can't see them ticketing or towing me if this is less than 5 or 6 hours - there really will be no way for them to know that I am not actually in the mall.

As long as I move it mid-afternoon obviously and not wait until after the concert is over.

:hmm: Sorry, I have no idea! Good luck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom