September 20, 21 - Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA-who's in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in....hopefully they add 2nd, maybe 3rd night....I'll be the cool guy getting a hotel 40 miles from where I live if that happens.
Tailgating will be a must, as I paid $10.50 for a 20oz sam adams at the Stones in 2006.

I'll more than likely be there. I am gonna take my gf to her first U2 show that night, then drive her back to Maine for college. Then, on Wednesday night, drive to Jersey with my best friend John for the Giants Stadium show

SMB

Only death will keep me away :hyper:

For those who have been to Gillette, what are the views like from some of the further/higher locations?

I reserved a hotel room at a near by hotel for $109 (before tax) on the chance I end up with GA tickets. Its at Foxborough MA hotels near Gillette Stadium | Residence Inn Boston Foxborough I'm not sure if its the closest, google maps says 5 miles, but the price was decent. I just looked up the current rate and its now at $169 for the same exact room :huh:

For those who have been to Gillette, what are the views like from some of the further/higher locations?

I saw Springsteen there in August and my friend and I were in the balcony (though first row) in a section that was pretty far from the stage (I forget the number of the section). I was pleasantly surprised at the view. It didn't feel as far away as I thought it would. I saw U2 there in 1997 and our seats were a bit worse but I remember the view being MUCH worse. So I was happy with the balcony in August (though that said, I think I'll try for closer with U2).

edit: oops yes, I meant to mention that 1997 was old Foxboro stadium, my point being that I like the new one better!

I was section 331 (about 50 yard line) for Springsteen in August, and while I have to say it was the best concert I have ever been to, it is just SO far away from the stage. Having average seats at Gillette is like having the worst seats at the TD Banknorth Garden.

However, I will still be at the concert on September 20 and the other dates at Gillette.

I'll be there with a few of my friends! Never been out to Foxborough or Boston proper. And it'll be my birthday weekend, so we'll more than likely head into Boston to party a little!

Of course! MY home town, my Pats play there and I grew up 5 minutes from Gillette! Can't miss it.

The good news is the stadium (like most new football ones) has great views when you walk around on the lower levels. When I had bad seats to the Pats game, I just stood up the whole time and got a much better seat. It wraps all the way around... so if you have crappy balcony seats, come on down, grab a hot dog and watch the show!

I am gonna see Billy and Elton there in July, so I'll get a lil taste of what the stadium's like. It's smaller than everything thinks

SMB

:wave:I'm hoping to be there on 9/20. Monday will suck, but at least my husband won't have to miss work to (hopefully) wait on the GA line. We actually live much closer to Giants Stadium, but what can you do!? My son is a huge Patriots fan as well, so he definitely wants to see U2 at Gillette Stadium! I wonder what time we'll be allowed to line up?

I'll be there!! :)

Fan since 1987 but new to this forum. Please be nice. ;)

Hi everyone!! :) :) :) Yay for the new tour!!!

~Jenn:wave:

I think I going but depends on what's going on with my job at the time.
Has the stadium changed much since it was Foxboro stadium. I saw them there in 92 and gotta admit the stadium was a bit of a dive.

I think I going but depends on what's going on with my job at the time.
Has the stadium changed much since it was Foxboro stadium. I saw them there in 92 and gotta admit the stadium was a bit of a dive.

um, you don't follow the NFL do you?

Foxboro stadium is now a parking lot and Gillette took its place.

ah ok. Cheers Randhail. I didn't know that. I do watch football but not a huge fan. Is it around where the old stadium was?I guess I'll look it up.

I'm in maine and saw the 97 and 92 shows there - any one looking to do multiple shows or want a diehard fan to hang with, I'm the guy....

Mike R.

I will be there on the 20th and any other shows they will be adding.

I have gone to a few concerts at Gillette before and always had field seats within 10 rows of the stage (very lucky with ticketmaster :) ) so I can't comment on the view from other sections.

I am section 308 row 9 for the Billy/Elton show. I'll give a full report on location when I return. By then, I'll know where I am sitting for U2

SMB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom