September 20, 21 - Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA-who's in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am ready for set 20th

HI,
I am from COSTA RICA, i got my tickets at ticket now. I will go with other 13 people and my brother who knows boston pretty well.

I am so exited finally I will be in a concert of my favorite band

I hope this will be as amazing as zooTV was.

GOD bless U2!:wave:

I HOPE THE 107 SECTIONS IS GOOD VIEW

anyone have any nifty parking tips for gillette? i know some stadiums have multiple parking lot exits and certain ones are easier to get out of & onto highways, etc...

Don't park in the stadium parking lot. Better to walk a mile or two to one of the parking lots on the side, then go inside the stadium.

Of course for Pats games, it's like $40 bucks to park in the outside lot, but not sure it's much cheaper than parking at the stadium...

I'm wondering how this will work. I think Gillette doen't open until 2 hours before the event, according to their website. There is no overnight parking, even in the neighboring Patriot Place shopping area. I doubt the lots 2 miles away will be open that early as well. Does anyone (from past shows) have any idea about GA line up with this sort of thing? ie does an "informal" line up happen outside the gate, and if so, how does one know where this line will be forming if there are multiple entrances.
I plan on parking at a nearby friend's home and taking a cab but not sure what time I should do this.

Anyone got their tickets in the mail? My presale GA for Boston 1 is really funny looking, blue with "field seating" written on it and doesn't say Ticketmaster. I'm trading it so the fact that it looks peculiar makes me worried the girl I'm trading with will get suspicious!

Anyone got their tickets in the mail? My presale GA for Boston 1 is really funny looking, blue with "field seating" written on it and doesn't say Ticketmaster. I'm trading it so the fact that it looks peculiar makes me worried the girl I'm trading with will get suspicious!

Sherri wrote about it over on U2 Home Page: @U2 - U2 News, U2 Pix, U2 lyrics, U2 Collectors Guide and more!... Only the GA tix look like that, presumably to be easily distinguished from seated tix.

I remember at the Garden, a line formed at a building right next to the Garden. People were cool about getting in the same spots in line to get their wristbands.

Jem and I will be there at 5 am. At the latest. We will most likely be extremely drunkover too. :lol:

My mom will be dropping us off and making food runs for us. :love:

I remember at the Garden, a line formed at a building right next to the Garden. People were cool about getting in the same spots in line to get their wristbands.

Jem and I will be there at 5 am. At the latest. We will most likely be extremely drunkover too. :lol:

My mom will be dropping us off and making food runs for us. :love:

I'll see you there.
Who's bringing the Box o' Joe?

OMG, 5AM at the latest? We will definitely need food runs...

I'm going to bring snacks and keep them in the car. I plan on getting there the night before and see what happens. We have a long time to plan this out too.

I'm going to bring snacks and keep them in the car. I plan on getting there the night before and see what happens. We have a long time to plan this out too.
soo i'm totally down for camping out! i know i'm a newb on here, but secretly i long to be accepted! ha. :) my thing is if i camp out, i will be SO mad if i get cut... what do you guys think? lol. can we all hang?! lol.

september seems so far from now to be making these plans.. but i can't help it!

I'm going to have to see what their policy is on bags and stuff. I need to have a pocketbook with my to carry around things I need to control my diabetes(meter, extra
infusion set for my pump, stuff to keep my sugar up, etc.)

Hi!

I was also at the secret show, I was working security down at stage right, Edge's side and posted a review in that thread!

http://www.gillettestadium.com/stadi...ohibited_items
This link has the exact policy that you must go through to get normally prohibited items in. Seems like a real pain, but such is NFL stadium policy. My company will be working the show, but we will only be covering backstage, soundboard and along the stage barricade/rails. We do not deal with entrance security, that is the house. As I said in that other post on GA, I can say with 100% certainty that Gillette Stadium is the most restrictive venue as far as search policies go.

I have 2 tickets to show #2, section 204. Hoping to see alot of you there! I am up for whatever meet up people want to do and I am really looking forward to this!

I will be working the 1st show hopefully. My aunt got 4 for each night in the presale, I got 2 for night 2. Have no idea what I am doing with the other one, as it seems my aunt got enough to cover my mom and others in my family who want to go. We will see. Options are sell it, give it to a friend, trade it for something, or make a new friend fast with the ticket at some point. All I care is I am guranteed both Boston shows now, be it through working or through my aunt.

As for parking at the venue, I know from Pats games yrs back that it is an unmitigated disaster but NOT nearly as bad as the old Foxboro stadium. My mom and aunt saw Popmart there and spent 3 hrs waiting to get out of the lot afterwards! Also, alot of improvements have been made to Route 1 with the new stadium and Patriot Place in there, so maybe its better.

Gillette Stadium Follow this link for their official concert parking policy. I dont know if it will be followed, good chance it will be this yr since they have been embarassed big time at the last few concerts they have done. Most problems have been in the parking lot. Mr Kraft(quite the asshole, owner of the Patriots) has wound up raked over the coals big time in the papers and elsewhere for keeping a disorderly concert environment.

No ticket no entry was not the policy at Kenny Chesney last yr- 3 girls without tickets drank in the parking lot and were tragically killed on rt 1 in Wrentham before the show even started. There were a bunch of fights at Kenny and underage drinking, really embarassing for the venue the last few yrs. At least half of those arrested, if I remember correctly, had no tickets. The parking lots open very early in the morning and they have been a zoo the last few yrs. So much so that the state police have said countryfest there is the worst event they had ever worked. This does not mean U2 will be like this, our fans are civilized, lol!! It is just an anecdote to show that the stated policies are not followed all the time.

The last 2 yrs of embarassment may have caused them to reconsider how they run the parking lot for concerts in 2009, who knows. I talk to alot of their house security people in my own job, so I will keep people updated as we move through Elton John/Billy Joel, CountryFest and possibly AC/DC before U2 hits Gillette in September.

I would say unless you are taking public transportation or know of some really great place a few miles down the road to park, then you should park in one of their lots only for the fact that you are going to want to have the car right there to go back to. Just walking off the property from the vicinity of the entrance or GA line is a real hike.

how about the commuter rail?? i'm assuming it'll be running... it is a nightmare when 70k people all at once unload from a building and 1/2 of them head for the (only) train?

So many people are celebrating birthdays at shows this tour. It is so exciting

Haven't been back here for a while :reject: and I lied. My seats are in section 122, row 15. Maybe we can wave to each other :wave:

Cool that you are taking your mother.
haha, technically she's taking me, seeing as she's the employed one who paid. We went to my last Vertigo (her first) together, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom