September 20, 21 - Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA-who's in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you got tickets! :up:

I was even closer when I did GA back in December '05.Was in the balcony for Somerville-not complaining though! Still had a good view(it was like being in the balcony of a high school auditorium), and even if my seats were on the roof I still would have been thrilled. :lol:

After being so close for the show I went to, seats would be a letdown for me personally.

I was in the balcony too. where were you? I was on Adam's side, right on the "rail" by the mobile camera arm.

It i high, yes, but I am in the second level row 1. But, it is one of the smallest (in the top 10 anyways) NFL venues. It hold I believe 65,000 for football

SMB

Gillette holds 68,756 for football...to be annoyingly precise.
When you take some OB seats and add the GA, you're looking at around 71,000 I'm guessing. That would be a record crowd for a New England area U2 show, if anyone keeps track of that.

When you take some OB seats and add the GA, you're looking at around 71,000 I'm guessing. That would be a record crowd for a New England area U2 show, if anyone keeps track of that.

Wow, interesting. I've been wondering how many Gillette holds. Thanks for the info!

Yup that sounds right, I work security at Gillette, and I found an old briefing sheet, I can share some info (that at least applied to a patriots game):
-they expected 70,000 attendance (that must also include media, teams, staff maybe?)
-bags are allowed, but no larger than 8.5"x11"x6" (they are usually pretty lenient about this, usually you just have to try to stuff your bag into a box which is like 8.5"x11" or something, but I don't think the 6" matters that much, as long as it fits half-way decently
-obv. no alcohol, food, coolers, umbrellas, video cameras
-first employees start checking in 6 hours before the game starts, ticket office and will call open 4 hours before game, parking lots open 4 hours before game

I'm sure some of these things might be different for a concert, but hope that helps a little!

EDIT: also, from my experiences, from the third level, people on the field are pretty much pin dots so I would recommend binoculors

Hello

i m french and plan to come to Boston show..
can you tell me if there s some train from Boston to the stadium ?
any idea of a cheap hotel around ?
thanx

I looked at the map of the commuter trains and there looks like one that connects from another station to Foxboro, but it says it runs on special events only.

Here is the link to the map page for the trains if it helps any.

MBTA.com > Commuter Rail Maps and Schedules

I looked at the map of the commuter trains and there looks like one that connects from another station to Foxboro, but it says it runs on special events only.

Here is the link to the map page for the trains if it helps any.

MBTA.com > Commuter Rail Maps and Schedules
Yep. From downtown Boston (the Back Bay station) you can take the commuter rail train to Mansfield and then transfer to the train that will take you to the stadium. I imagine they will consider U2 a "special event" and will be running the train that night. That's the way to go, as the parking and driving after any event there is HORRIBLE!

My advice (having worked for the Revolution/Pats in the press box on game days) is to either take the train or stay at a hotel within a few miles of the stadium so you can walk back afterwards.

It's a buzzkill after a great concert to have to fight the traffic leaving the stadium.

Folks - apologies if this was posted already. I have it on good authority that there will be a 2nd night in Boston added for September 21st. The source I spoke to said that the pre-sale tickets would go on sale sometime "after" the onsale on Monday - no further details.

Also, the source said that at this point after pre-sales and others who have had access to inventory prior to general on-sale, GA is very scarce, if not almost gone, for Sept 20th date.

Wow. Only single seats left already. Second show...second show...second show (fingers crossed)

Well, only singles in the $250 range (at least that's all I can find). Come on second show. Are we not better than Toronto or Barcelona?

Most of the hotels near the stadium are booked already, I found one in Norwood, 7 miles away, not too bad.

We also booked one in Norwood! Looks like we have a lot in common--same location too LOL!

^ ^^I just booked for Norwood aswell. :wink:

:hyper: That is awesome.

I know. :hyper: I got lucky again, a show on my birthday this tour and one last tour. :love: So excited. :hyper::love:

Ugh, so tickets were gone like that? Fucking scalpers.

Scalpers. :angry:

Second show is up for Monday the 21st.

:drool::love:

Just got 2 GA tickets for Boston #2. It went smoother than the first 1. 10:02 I already had the purchase confirmation!
I cant wait until september!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom