September 20, 21 - Gillette Stadium - Foxboro, MA-who's in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on who I go with, but I'd like to meet you guys! I want a second show, one show is turning planning into a much more difficult process, plus in order to see another show I'll have to travel much further.

I don't think this show is going to work for me sadly. :down: I live on the green line and it's a wicked hassle trying to get anywhere late at night.

For Patriots games and select concerts the MBTA runs a train from South Station to Foxboro. From the website about the patriots train:

Trains will depart from South Station in Boston (with stops in Back Bay, Dedham and Norwood)

At some point, those of us interested should all call the MBTA and let them know we want them to run it for the concert :)

For Patriots games and select concerts the MBTA runs a train from South Station to Foxboro. From the website about the patriots train:

At some point, those of us interested should all call the MBTA and let them know we want them to run it for the concert :)

Better buy something from the MBTA bake sale if you want a train for this concert. :wink:

:lol: I make a mean cookie :)

I still think we should rent this bus:

2mx2638.jpg

I'll throw in $20 or so :wave:

I don't think this show is going to work for me sadly. :down: I live on the green line and it's a wicked hassle trying to get anywhere late at night.

Yeah, I have a similar situation. I used to live in Boston and would love to go up for the show(s). But, I'd want a hotel in downtown, which would make getting into and out of Foxboro a nightmare, with no good public transportation options. Looks like I'll pass :sad:

I'm in maine and saw the 97 and 92 shows there - any one looking to do multiple shows or want a diehard fan to hang with, I'm the guy....

Mike R.

Dude, me and my family should meet up with you. We're from Maine also! :D :hi5: Are you going for GA? :wink: I'm afraid I'm going it alone in the GA line unless my dad's friend comes and we go into GA together (my mom doesn't want GA. Maybe my dad does. Haven't really asked him yet. :lol: :shrug:). We could wait with you. There are already some others on the forum offering to wait with me in line. I'm 14 (15 by the time of the show. :wink: )

Dude, me and my family should meet up with you. We're from Maine also! :D :hi5: Are you going for GA? :wink: I'm afraid I'm going it alone in the GA line unless my dad's friend comes and we go into GA together (my mom doesn't want GA. Maybe my dad does. Haven't really asked him yet. :lol: :shrug:). We could wait with you. There are already some others on the forum offering to wait with me in line. I'm 14 (15 by the time of the show. :wink: )

I hope to be there on the GA line with my husband and our 2 kids: Sarah will be 17 and David will be 14 come show time.

<----- That is Sarah on 11/22/05 when she was 13

:wave:I hope to be there on the GA line with my husband and our 2 kids: Sarah will be 17 and David will be 14 come show time.

<----- That is Sarah on 11/22/05 when she was 13

Anyone going for seats? I'm intimidated by GA but I would like to give it a shot one day. I think I will wait for an arena show though. So those going for seats, what price range do you hope to snag? I'm curious about the seats behind the stage that Bono said would be great. But what if they aren't?

I am going for seats. Probably mid priced. Remember, Gillette is a smaller stadium than people think. Also, they will be adding another show either the 19th or 21st, so can't blow all the money on one show. I don't do GA, I stress out too easily. I like to know where I am sitting

SMB

Foxboro is about 13 miles south of Boston.

From Boston:
Interstate 93 South (S.E. Expressway) to Interstate 95 South; Take Interstate 95 South to Exit 9 (Wrentham) onto Route 1 South. Follow Route 1 South approximately 3 miles to Gillette Stadium (on the left).

As of now, we don't know if there will be a train running from Boston to the show. I think its likely, as they do it in the fall for football games, if not you'll need to have a car.

I reserved a room at the Residence Inn Boston Foxborough incase I decide to get GA tickets. Trip Advisor has it at #2 out of the 6 listed hotels in Foxboro - Foxboro Hotels: Read Foxboro Hotel Reviews and Compare Prices - TripAdvisor

I got the Queen/sofa bed room for $109.

edit: the reviews for this hotel claim to be walking distance to Gillette http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...End_Zone_Motor_Inn-Foxboro_Massachusetts.html that might be a great choice since parking is expensive at Gillette.

If you're coming just for the show, Foxboro should be fine. But if you are coming for longer, you may want to just stay in Boston for more options of activities.

Foxboro does have the new Patriot Place - Everyone wins! - There is something for everyone at Patriot Place right at Gillette for some dining/shopping/movies. There is also Wrentham Village Premium Outlets for shopping.

Foxboro is about 13 miles south of Boston.

From Boston:
Interstate 93 South (S.E. Expressway) to Interstate 95 South; Take Interstate 95 South to Exit 9 (Wrentham) onto Route 1 South. Follow Route 1 South approximately 3 miles to Gillette Stadium (on the left).

As of now, we don't know if there will be a train running from Boston. I think its likely, if not you'll need to have a car.

I reserved a room at the Residence Inn Boston Foxborough incase I decide to get GA tickets. Trip Advisor has it at #2 out of the 6 listed hotels in Foxboro - Foxboro Hotels: Read Foxboro Hotel Reviews and Compare Prices - TripAdvisor

I got the Queen/sofa bed room for $109.

If you're coming just for the show, Foxboro should be fine. But if you are coming for longer, you may want to just stay in Boston for more options of activities.

Foxboro does have the new Patriot Place - Everyone wins! - There is something for everyone at Patriot Place right at Gillette for some dining/shopping/movies. There is also Wrentham Village Premium Outlets for shopping.

Thank you :) Was thinking of flying in from NY and going for just 2-3 days so I can be back for NJ shows..:happy: So If I actually stayed in Boston I would need a car to get there?

Thank you :) Was thinking of flying in from NY and going for just 2-3 days so I can be back for NJ shows..:happy: So If I actually stayed in Boston I would need a car to get there?

In the past, you could take the train out of Boston right to the stadium. But I read the economy has caused cut backs (see Springsteen response below)

I'm going to try calling the MBTA (Massachusetts train service) tomorrow and see if they will being running a train to the concert. I found this about a Springsteen Concert:

Currently there's no plan to provide Commuter Rail service to the Bruce

Springsteen Concert. Typically, Commuter Rail Service to Gillette is

only for Patriots Games. I recommend you follow-up with our department

about a week or two before the show incase any adjustments occur.

If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this matter,

please contact the MBTA Customer Support Department. We can be reached

by calling 617-222-3200, or by visiting our website at MBTA.com > Official Website for Greater Boston's Public Transportation System.

Thank you again for contacting the MBTA."

Sincerely,

MBTA Customer Support Department

Ugh!!! Are you f'ing kidding me? The MBTA is such a joke.

ETA: I would not rely on the MBTA so late at night. The service has been getting suckier and suckier. There's been rumblings that they will cut service to some things if the gas tax doesn't go through.

Ugh!!! Are you f'ing kidding me? The MBTA is such a joke.

ETA: I would not rely on the MBTA so late at night. The service has been getting suckier and suckier. There's been rumblings that they will cut service to some things if the gas tax doesn't go through.

True, but with no other options available, the commuter train might be someone's only choice. People that take it for the Patriots games seem to approve. It would be nice to have reliable transportation as an alternative to sitting in traffic and paying high parking prices.

That actually ended up costing more. :lol:

Oh well, next tour.

I can't believe it's cheaper to fly from Boston to Chicago than Detroit-Boston. :(

Oh well, see you in Chicago! :wave:

FYI, I work at a restaurant on Route 1. Any of you who are staying in the hotels the Friday before want to come visit and say hi,(and leave me a 25% tip PM me. :wink:

Fly to PVD. It's cheaper and that Pats do it all the time

SMB

INDEED.

PVD (Providence for those who do not know the airport codes) is cheaper and if you are driving to Foxboro, it may be easier. Most of the NFL teams use PVD (but that is because of some of the MASSPORT rules against charters rather than the ease of PVD).

I will be there on the 20th celebrating my one year wedding anniversary. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom