September 18th 2010, Stade de France, Paris, France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, lets keep in touch in this thread as we get closer to the show.
Perhaps more will join us.

As we have seated tickets we won't be as early as you GA guys in line, but we sure can meet up some hours before the show.

yes sure ! :)
I don't know if I will be early...that depends also on weather etc. If it's really ugly, I think I will visit some friends instead of lining up lol. But I think I will decide that next week before I leave for Paris. :)

:hyper:

I am GA for Paris, my mate is talking about us lining up to get a wristband to get into the pit.

i don't know how it will work this year at the Stade, but last year there weren't any wristbands for the pit - was a bit of a free for all really... i ended up sprinting the length of the pitch and managed to get a great place at the front... normally it's first come first served, although last year there was a bit of a mess up at gate-opening and the gates all opened at different times which meant that many who'd queued first were the last in, sadly... also, there wasn't any organisation system in the queue... some fans at the front tried a numbering system but it just fell apart... turned into a real mess... but perhaps stadium security will do things differently this time, in a more organised fashion hopefully - there were many official complaints last year so hopefully the Stade will get its act together... good luck!! :)

i don't know how it will work this year at the Stade, but last year there weren't any wristbands for the pit - was a bit of a free for all really... i ended up sprinting the length of the pitch and managed to get a great place at the front... normally it's first come first served, although last year there was a bit of a mess up at gate-opening and the gates all opened at different times which meant that many who'd queued first were the last in, sadly... also, there wasn't any organisation system in the queue... some fans at the front tried a numbering system but it just fell apart... turned into a real mess... but perhaps stadium security will do things differently this time, in a more organised fashion hopefully - there were many official complaints last year so hopefully the Stade will get its act together... good luck!! :)

Thanks for the info, I shall bear it in mind.

I had standing for both Paris gigs last year and I went in quite late and stood at the back of the pitch. I noticed earlier in the day that there were many entrances into the standing area so I can imagine the chaos, tension and upset that was caused.

was it this chaotic for both nights last year? do you happen to know if you can choose any of the GA entrances or if you really need to use the one that's on your ticket? Mine says entrance Z, but I notice that for example D (which was GA last year), is a lot closer to the stage. Do you remember which Gate they opened up first last year?

On checking the 10 day weather for Paris - its saying 20 degrees, 30% chance of scattered showers. Guess I`ll pack my waterproofs just incase!
yes me too lol!

was it this chaotic for both nights last year? do you happen to know if you can choose any of the GA entrances or if you really need to use the one that's on your ticket? Mine says entrance Z, but I notice that for example D (which was GA last year), is a lot closer to the stage. Do you remember which Gate they opened up first last year?

mhh that is interesting. mine says also Z (secteur sud). So, I can only use this entrance?

Last year at Paris I had GA for entrance B, my mate had an adjacent gate (either A or C, cant remember which) we both attempted to go in together but the ticket bar code reader rejected one of us, so we had to use our designated gates.

It was not a problem for us as we were strolling in late afternoon, but it would have been disasterous if we had been queuing up together.

HELP REQUIRED

Just found out I have been scammed for tickets for this show, me and the wife have booked for a couple of days next week but ticket company are now known to be scammers....................:doh::doh:

anyone have any spares for sale??????

HELP REQUIRED

Just found out I have been scammed for tickets for this show, me and the wife have booked for a couple of days next week but ticket company are now known to be scammers....................:doh::doh:

anyone have any spares for sale??????

Ouch! which company is this one?

Fingers crossed for you that you can get replacement tickets, I have been at probably the last 5 U2 shows in Paris and there normally are plenty of spares available outside

Last year at Paris I had GA for entrance B, my mate had an adjacent gate (either A or C, cant remember which) we both attempted to go in together but the ticket bar code reader rejected one of us, so we had to use our designated gates.

It was not a problem for us as we were strolling in late afternoon, but it would have been disasterous if we had been queuing up together.

thanks! good to know, as I remember for Wembley the scanner didn't care which entrance was on your ticket, but looks like it's different for Paris. Guess we'll just have to stick to Gate Z then, even though that's furthest away :|

Ouch! which company is this one?

Fingers crossed for you that you can get replacement tickets, I have been at probably the last 5 U2 shows in Paris and there normally are plenty of spares available outside

cheers for he info, hope your right

world wide ticket store .com now no more

hi! i was at the first night - i think things were pretty bad for the second night too though... i was originally gate H which i was so pleased about as it was right at the front closest to the entrance to the pit, only when i went to queue, the gate had been closed and everyone from gate H had been moved to gate C i think it was... in fact, several of the gates had been closed and people had to queue at 3 gates i think - was a right royal mess-up! you definitely can't just go to any gate though - it has to be your designated one, unless they decide to move you somewhere else lol!!

good luck!! hoping it's going to be a good'un!! :)

Ok weather forecast for Paris is now 18 degrees and sunny, nil chance of rain but dropping to 8 degrees at night :hyper:

Think I`ll still take a poncho just in case but maybe a fleece instead of waterproof jacket :hmm:

I`m at gate x which is handy for the metro station I`ll be arriving at. Is the stage at the other end of the stadium?

if you're arriving via RER B, the stage is at the farthest end of the stadium... it's nice walking down the boulevard though, you can see the stade from the train station and the atmosphere is usually buzzing haha :)

i'm not sure about RER D though - i think it's to the left of the stadium/stage...

squee i am starting to get really excited about it - 4 more sleeps!!! LOL!!!

I`m at gate x which is handy for the metro station I`ll be arriving at. Is the stage at the other end of the stadium?

Look at the bottom right hand side of this picture and you will see the blocks marked X, this is where entrance X is

stade-de-france-u2-9607.jpg

The RER line B to La Plaine Stade De France is probably the closest to this entrance, plus as previously mentioned there is quite a lively walk past all of the food and drink stands ( which will be blaring out U2 music loudly*) the walk reminds me of walking towards Wemblet stadium from Wembley Park tube.

If you use the RER, which is like a fast tube train, to the gig the standard zone one metro ticket is not valid to get you out of the station, the fare to SDF is about 2.30 each way.

* unless Micheal Jackson has died in the previous few weeks

lol me too pamela! I'm lucky and I will stay until next week, I bring some clothes so that I can just decide saturday morning when looking out of the window hehe.

i am travelling from the UK and have 1 spare GA ticket secteur EST porte D is anyone interested in this spare ticket including a free ride and ferry trip if your also in the uk or maybe just the ticket

thanks

I'm visiting with a party of four. Two for entrance X and two for Z. Would it matter if we all stand in the same line (say Z)? it didn't matter in Holland and the french livenation refuses to answer me... :(

I'm visiting with a party of four. Two for entrance X and two for Z. Would it matter if we all stand in the same line (say Z)? it didn't matter in Holland and the french livenation refuses to answer me... :(

last year you had to use the specified gates as the barcode readers were rejecting standing tickets at the wrong gates

If anyone is arround for a beer tomorrow night, I shall be in the bar "rendez-vous" which is right outside the stadium by entrance B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom