September 16, 17, Rogers Centre, Toronto Canada - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read any other threads because I don't want to know about set lists, but is anyone willing to sum up the mess in Chicago?

P.S. 3 days until show time!!!! :hyper:

Anyone? Going, going...

Oh yeah, just wanted to mention in case anyone going to the Toronto shows is interested - I have an extra pair of Wilco tickets at Massey Hall, for Wednesday, October 14th that I need to sell for face plus fees, $120 for the pair. Liam Finn is the opener.

We bought these tickets, and then a few days later they announced a second show the next night, which is much more convenient for us, so we bought a pair for Thurs night, and now don't need the Wednesday night ones.

The ones I'm selling are right side floors, row F (so, 6th row), and they're actually a few rows closer than the ones I got for Thursday night. They're hard tickets.

If anyone is interested, PM me, and we can do the exchange while I'm in Toronto for the U2 shows. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow night, I'm going to offer them on the Wilco boards.

They were sold as "obstructed view" tickets. If anyone is familiar with Massey Hall, they have these posts in random spots on the floor. But, the posts are small, and basically, if you shift your body or tilt your head 6 inches, you can see just fine. If someone's interested but reluctant because of this, the Massey Hall website has very good pictures and diagrams I can provide that illustrate what I mean. But the bottom line is, I knew about this when I bought them, and still didn't hesitate - they're excellent seats regardless.

Pj's and the embassy are two different restaurants by the looks of it, and someone above also said that the Embassy is full of suits.

I think all the suits leave the Embassy before 9 - I was there a week ago Fri and there weren't any suits in sight when I went in shortly after 9pm :) Though I admit it could be different on a weeknight :shrug: I'm fine with wherever people decide to go :)

Here's what I got out of the Chicago line situation:

Basically, the "line up" started about 60 hours (two and a half days) before the show. Some dude started handing out home made wristbands to people, and the first night of the line, they were allowed to leave for the entire night. Other people got pissy about this (rightly so IMO) saying that if they arrived there, they should be ahead of any people who left for extended periods. The line people were repeatedly told by security and police that they weren't allowed to line up that early, and would be arrested, so they kept moving the line and no one could find it anyway.

In the wee hours the day of the show, there was a stadium line and a wrist band line. These two lines combined, but it sounds like there was some nastiness. From 6 am on the day of, the line grew rapidly. At one point in the afternoon, when the line was supposed to be "closed" (no one can leave), it turned into more of a huge mob of people rather than a line, with 20 or more people side-by-side all the way down. They let groups of people into the stadium and made those behind wait. The staff didn't know how to snap the wristbands closed, so this took a long time. With all the chaos, some people who arrived in the late afternoon ended up in front of people who had been there since early morning. It sounded chaotic and dangerous and frustrating.

I think all the suits leave the Embassy before 9 - I was there a week ago Fri and there weren't any suits in sight when I went in shortly after 9pm :) Though I admit it could be different on a weeknight :shrug: I'm fine with wherever people decide to go :)

Canwe make a bloddy decision tuesday is 2 days away. and im still open for a party on thursday night as well

i dunno how to make a poll, but if we are can we also have a poll for thursday night as well. please.
I have work on wednesday and im taking thursday friday off

Does anyone have any objections to the Overdraught on Thursday night? It's right across from Rogers on Front, and I have a feeling that that's probably as far as my tired old legs will be willing to go, lol.

The OverDraught Irish Pub

If that's not acceptable, no problem, just a suggestion since it's so close, and no one else seems to be making any. ;)

Ok here it is becasue I SAY SO

On thursday the party is after the show at The OverDraught Irish Pub

This place is near the dome so we choose it casue we aint gonna walk too far kapeech

Do we want to use this place ofr Tuesday if so please say so i will call em up monday night.

Exactly! :)

I've never been there, though, so if there's any reason it's not a good choice, then I'm okay with that, too.

I think us Canadians are just too damn easygoing to make a choice. :wink:

Im newly canadain so i amde the choice, Its the Overdraught ok. if it has beer im good to go.
So what time on Tuesday Night. Since its a work night and i have to work on wednesday, im Saying 7pm onwards ok.

OK here it is

TUESDAY 15th SEPTEMBER 2009

Pre show Party at The Overdraught Irish Pub

Time: 7:00 PM onwards. Yes it is early casue the GA guys needs to be well rested for the 6 am line up and I have to work (Yes it is all about me, my wife says that too and she has given me permission to say so)

Thursday 17th September 2009
POST SHOW PARTY at The Overdraught Irish Pub
The palce is open till 1:00pm we shall see if we can convince them to extend closing time till 2 :hyper:

NOw you boys and girls can list up your names below please and i will call up the palce on monday evening to secure a table or something ok

LASTLY - I live in mississauga so if someone can be kind enough to drop me home on TUesday night i shall say a special prayer for you, I dont drive and i dont wanna spend an hour and a half transiting home

I don't know. I'm totally fine with it. I'm just thinking that maybe the other Torontonians might have other suggestions. I'd give it till at least later tonight, if not tomorrow. :)

Here's what I got out of the Chicago line situation:

Basically, the "line up" started about 60 hours (two and a half days) before the show. Some dude started handing out home made wristbands to people, and the first night of the line, they were allowed to leave for the entire night. Other people got pissy about this (rightly so IMO) saying that if they arrived there, they should be ahead of any people who left for extended periods. The line people were repeatedly told by security and police that they weren't allowed to line up that early, and would be arrested, so they kept moving the line and no one could find it anyway.

In the wee hours the day of the show, there was a stadium line and a wrist band line. These two lines combined, but it sounds like there was some nastiness. From 6 am on the day of, the line grew rapidly. At one point in the afternoon, when the line was supposed to be "closed" (no one can leave), it turned into more of a huge mob of people rather than a line, with 20 or more people side-by-side all the way down. They let groups of people into the stadium and made those behind wait. The staff didn't know how to snap the wristbands closed, so this took a long time. With all the chaos, some people who arrived in the late afternoon ended up in front of people who had been there since early morning. It sounded chaotic and dangerous and frustrating.

Thanks for the information! That is really ridiculous and it kind of freaks me out a lot!!!! Hopefully us Canadians don't have to deal with that nonsense....

giddigy giddigy giddigy

i need new rogers centre claw construction photos

I'm going for a walk around the stadium tomorrow on my lunchhour!

As for the Overdraught Pub, I had 2 of my many 2008 Christmas parties there !! Don't remember much but I think it was good :drunk:

And I do agree about perhaps waiting until other people have provided their input on pub of choice. Some people have stated a preference for PJ O'Briens which seems like a decent place, too.

Have there been any complaints from people in the stands being blocked by the "CLAW'S" legs? Im concerned for my parents. What if the Claw leg blocks the stage?
They will be in the 100 level

Have there been any complaints from people in the stands being blocked by the "CLAW'S" legs? Im concerned for my parents. What if the Claw leg blocks the stage?
They will be in the 100 level

If you read Anu's post in the review section, I think there was a bit of obstruction but he managed to move to a different location.

I'm going for a walk around the stadium tomorrow on my lunchhour!

As for the Overdraught Pub, I had 2 of my many 2008 Christmas parties there !! Don't remember much but I think it was good :drunk:

And I do agree about perhaps waiting until other people have provided their input on pub of choice. Some people have stated a preference for PJ O'Briens which seems like a decent place, too.

PJ's is fine also...i agree, Irish Embassy is just OK although as i recall, the owners of PJ's also own the IE...not to fussed about the suits at IE since that is kinda me....the horror...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom