September 16, 17, Rogers Centre, Toronto Canada - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw, that's a lovely picture, Julie! :)

And has anyone mentioned lately - THE CLAW IS HERE!

Things are starting to come together for me, and I'm finally starting to get excited. :)

Bri, did you ever figure out what gate you're at?

There's also this pair:

Hello everyone:

We can no longer attend the Wednesday Toronto show and are looking to sell immediately. Best offer (including below face) will be accepted. All offers will be considered. Details of these great view seats:

Rogers Centre
Section 235
Row 5
Seats 109, 110

These are hard copy tickets (not Ticketfast). I work in downtown Toronto and can meet to deliver these tickets.

jeffdbradley at gmail.com
Text me at 416-454-6161

Thanks,
Jeff

Thanks VP!

So now that NSW is coming, I guess we need to plan a get-together! Or was there one already planned for the Thurs? Had we decided on the Overdraught for that night, too?

Isn't Bomac coming, too? Always nice to meet fellow Habs fans.

Hi guys, here's a very big top tip: never EVER pay above face value for a ticket. Ever ever ever. There are always tickets available outside the stadium on the day of the concert, for face value and often less. There are usually some tickets held back too by the box office.

There were GAs available from the ticket box at Chicago for both nights, with no fees either. There were also GAs available for $40 yesterday, and even that price was negotiable.

If you don't have a ticket and want to go then get down to the stadium and you shall find yourself sorted - and without having to pay way over the odds.

Thanks VP!

So now that NSW is coming, I guess we need to plan a get-together! Or was there one already planned for the Thurs? Had we decided on the Overdraught for that night, too?

Isn't Bomac coming, too? Always nice to meet fellow Habs fans.

Of people expressing a preference, The Overdraght for Thursday night seems to be the consensus so far. Plus, it's a lot easier for people not from the area to find. Are you good with that?

Bri, will you and Paul be able to stay for a bit after the show? Mia, how about you?

Though I agree, it can depend on the city - someone at one of the Dublin shows showed up late afternoon and still made it in, while at Barcelona the camping-out was crazy. Rule of thumb...apparently the chances are better at lining up later on for U.S. and Canadian shows to make it in. I'll be heading to the line at 1:30 or 2 (no choice, driving in from Ottawa), and feel decently good about my chances.

Thank you!

Of people expressing a preference, The Overdraght for Thursday night seems to be the consensus so far. Plus, it's a lot easier for people not from the area to find. Are you good with that?

Bri, will you and Paul be able to stay for a bit after the show? Mia, how about you?

Yep, that works for me! I tried to get the Friday off but have to submit a project so I guess I'll be in rough shape the next day. Oh well, how often does U2 tour?!

Everyone seems to know everyone's real name so forgive me if I approach you with your Interference name :reject:

Hey, count me in too please! I'm staying with a local lass so I can delegate all responsibility of finding places to my Torontonian :)

Yep, that works for me! I tried to get the Friday off but have to submit a project so I guess I'll be in rough shape the next day. Oh well, how often does U2 tour?!

Everyone seems to know everyone's real name so forgive me if I approach you with your Interference name :reject:

You could spend the whole night at the pub and crawl to work. :lol:

I've read your real name in passing, and it's just way easier to type than your user name, lol.

Mine's Dawn, btw, but at this point, VP seems just as much my name as that does.

Hey, count me in too please! I'm staying with a local lass so I can delegate all responsibility of finding places to my Torontonian :)

Awesome, can't wait to meet our famous author! :) The pub we're talking about is actually right across from Skydome. Er, Rogers. We still call it Skydome.

Yay! :D

You got my e-mail? I know, it's crazy expensive. Oh, do you have my number? Can't remember. If not, I'll e-mail it.

subnet, can you come to the Overdraught after the show?

Ha, don't worry. Even people I know real names for, I sometimes still call them by their nicknames. :reject:

I think we might be able to. We def want to, at least for a bit. :hyper:
It just depends on my rents, and my transportation situation.

Aw, that's a lovely picture, Julie! :)

And has anyone mentioned lately - THE CLAW IS HERE!

Things are starting to come together for me, and I'm finally starting to get excited. :)

Bri, did you ever figure out what gate you're at?

Poor Paul has received more than I care to count comments about THE CLAAAAAAAW!!!!

When he checked the tickets, he said it says GA14, and all he could find was something about gate 14. I've told him to check again cause that doesn't make sense.

Unless I do get my own line. :hyper:

Poor Paul has received more than I care to count comments about THE CLAAAAAAAW!!!!

When he checked the tickets, he said it says GA14, and all he could find was something about gate 14. I've told him to check again cause that doesn't make sense.

Unless I do get my own line. :hyper:

GA14 is just some sort of designation they put on the ticket for tracking purposes. Your ticket should say just abover the Blackberry Presents part: Enter Gate X.

Here's a pic of a ticket, you can see what I mean.

2 tickets to see U2 Live in Toronto sold out concert on eBay.ca (item 300347596294 end time 16-Sep-09 15:56:24 EDT)

Hi guys, here's a very big top tip: never EVER pay above face value for a ticket. Ever ever ever. There are always tickets available outside the stadium on the day of the concert, for face value and often less. There are usually some tickets held back too by the box office.

There were GAs available from the ticket box at Chicago for both nights, with no fees either. There were also GAs available for $40 yesterday, and even that price was negotiable.

If you don't have a ticket and want to go then get down to the stadium and you shall find yourself sorted - and without having to pay way over the odds.

You're definitely right, I'm just too anal to fly all the way there and not know for a fact that I have a ticket.

You're definitely right, I'm just too anal to fly all the way there and not know for a fact that I have a ticket.

Did you book your flight yet?
Did you see what I posted above - i.e. if I get seats, great, but then I'm stuck with a GA. Hmm...

Something interesting someone in the U2-GTA group noticed - the tix he purchased through the Fan Club have Gate 15, and the tix purchased through the public sale say Gate 1. What about the rest of you?
Is there possibly a special line for Fan Club members, such as on the Vertigo tour? :hmm:

Did you book your flight yet?
Did you see what I posted above - i.e. if I get seats, great, but then I'm stuck with a GA. Hmm...

Something interesting someone in the U2-GTA group noticed - the tix he purchased through the Fan Club have Gate 15, and the tix purchased through the public sale say Gate 1. What about the rest of you?
Is there possibly a special line for Fan Club members, such as on the Vertigo tour? :hmm:

I sent you a FB message based on an earlier post.....

My flight is booked!

i had two GA's for TO2 before i got my RZ tix and they say GA1 and they were public sale within about 10 seconds of them going on sale...nothing tomorrow night? 17 will be a blur..

I just want to say, anyone else that's out there lurking or sees this later, you're all more than welcome to join us at the Overdraught Thursday night. :wave:

It'll probably be busy though, so we should get at least a rough head count, and see if we can reserve some tables...so if you think you're coming, post your intentions in this thread, along with how many you'll be bringing, and then we can give them a call. Thanks. :)

Okay...call me overwhelmed, but what's the verdict for Tuesday and/or Thursday? What time, what place, and who's going to be where??! :wink:

I just want to say, anyone else that's out there lurking or sees this later, you're all more than welcome to join us at the Overdraught Thursday night. :wave:

It'll probably be busy though, so we should get at least a rough head count, and see if we can reserve some tables...so if you think you're coming, post your intentions in this thread, along with how many you'll be bringing, and then we can give them a call. Thanks. :)

Thursday? Tuesday too, non?

Are you coming tomorrow night?

Please count me in for Thursday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom