September 16, 17 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yippie: one week from now I will be in TO!!!..omg it's getting closer!! :hyper::hyper::hyper: I'm sooooo very excited :applaud::hyper:

And sun!! yes we need sun we should all think sunny thoughts for the next week :wink:

Okay, just working my way backwards through the thread, catching up on the goings on.
Scuse me if I ask something that's already been covered. :reject:

GAH, so excited! I don't know how I'll focus on class and work in the meantime :hmm:. Okay, so my ticket says section GA9. Are there several line up areas for GAs depending on the sections...or is it one monster line? Never been to a concert @ Rogers, so can anyone tell me where the actual line up starts?

8 DAYS! :hyper:

I've been wondering the same thing? I don't have the tickets on me, but I know they say some other random gate.
And does anyone know if Roger's has restrictions on how early people line up? Will a line(s) be started off site? :uhoh:

sorry and one more question - I'm not familiar much with the exterior of Rogers Centre...

Thanks! And I've emailed Rogers Centre asking about this stuff too, and for bathroom info for GA/inner circle people.:lol:

Did you get any response from them?

Alright, so the 17th will be my first GA experience with interference people. I dont know who has met who, but i've only ever met Gvox. My question is, how will I know who the interferencers are without calling out "where are all the other internet nerds at?" and making an ass out of myself?

Nope. That's the only way. You'll just have to be a freak like the rest of us. :p

Can we bring in cameras like a DSLR into the Rogers Centre. Last tour at the ACC they let in cameras but I remember them saying they couldnt be "pro-looking"?

I'm pretty sure I smuggled my camera in last time. I hid it in my purse as best I could and was utterly paranoid, we also got stopped and force to remove the waterbottle we had hidden. (sigh)
So, bring something small that you can hide shit in?

Altho, I thought U2's policy was they didn't care.

Finally, what sorta times do we think the line ups are going to be like. I'm only going to one show, and I want to get a good spot...and near a rail, for the sake of my comrade.
Any ballpark (ha, pun unintended) ideas?

My office overlooks the Roger's Centre so I can let you all know.

Must be a Jays game today as the roof was removed.

By the way, as of this afternoon, the forecasted rain for next week has been removed! 22-24 and sunny :drool:

:yes: Jays have a "getaway day" game today (which means early afternoon, so the teams can "get away" to their next city - the Jays start a 10 day road trip tomorrow) at 12:30PM.

You'll have to let us know if any construction starts before you leave work :wink:

For anyone who isn't going to be standing in the GA line but is free on Thursday afternoon, there's going to be a free showing of Rattle & Hum at Yonge & Dundas Square as part of the Toronto International Film Festival at noon that day :D

You'll have to let us know if any construction starts before you leave work :wink:

Argos play Friday night, so I imagine the load-in will start around 11 or midnight unless they wait until morning. I imagine they'd want to get going right away though, cause four days is a bit of a tight timeframe for the claw.

BrightestStar: nope, haven't heard back from Rogers Centre yet.

:yes: Jays have a "getaway day" game today (which means early afternoon, so the teams can "get away" to their next city - the Jays start a 10 day road trip tomorrow) at 12:30PM.

Really? Someone didn't tell the scalper in front of my work trying to sell Jays tickets at 4:30 this afternoon! :lol:

so my RZ TO2 tix now say status of same not available? WTF...are they doing something now....anyone know when you pick these up. i heard of others getting an e-mail a week out but nothing here...

can i just go down to Rogers to get them...believe me, if i am in the sauce, any douche TIFF people are RZ, they will get some smart arse comments...i always love the one...are your famous or something? oh, i see, i have no idea who you are...

Just got this from my U2 tour yahoo group, thought it might be helpful to you. Camera info noted on bottom of page.

Rogers Centre - Events - U2 - 360° Tour

Sorry if duplicate.

Hope you all have a blast!

Thanks for the link to the Roger's Centre website with "official" notification about personal cameras. I printed the page and will have it ready if there's any trouble at the gates!

7 days!!!!

i believe they will set up the claw the night of the argos football game since they can roll in the trucks when the downtown core is less busy. look out for the trucks off of Bremner blvd parking lot.

it think it takes 3 hours to get the fieldturf off and the football seating arrangement changed over to baseball arrangement.

i believe they will set up the claw the night of the argos football game since they can roll in the trucks when the downtown core is less busy. look out for the trucks off of Bremner blvd parking lot.

it think it takes 3 hours to get the fieldturf off and the football seating arrangement changed over to baseball arrangement.

So the question is will they stay with the football arrangement (which might be easier as there should be more room) or switch it to the baseball one? I'm seriously tempted to go to the Hard Rock Cafe there to find out come Sat or Sun :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom