September 16, 17 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ with 15 Gates, and some only about 20 feet apart, I'm just trying to see where they would place the GA line. There have not been many concerts with full GA floor at Rogers Centre, so it could turn ugly.

On the other hand it would be nice if the facilities group allows us in and roam the mezzanine area and take a piss in the facility while we wait.

I'd say that two TO shows are a pretty safe bet. The sold out 4 consecutive arena shows last time, within minutes of each being put on sale.

I agree 100% about that second show - and besides, we'll be getting the Maritimers, Newfoundlanders and of course, all those in Quebec not willing to wait until next year (or until they fix their stadium!) to see them.

anyone know why the venue image is not available yet for rogers centre?

i wonder if the stage will be centered closer to the centre of the stadium seeing as it's a fairly circular stadium

:wave: See you guys there! Trying to decide if I should wait in line all day.. I showed up at 10:30am for Sept 12 for Vertigo, ended up getting scanned into the ellipsis and was 2nd row back from the stage... thinking of making a whole day of it this time!!!:hyper:

someone in the know told me in Toronto we will be getting 3 shows

This is the only way I could see 3 TO shows working in the schedule. Should be tough with CFL, NFL and MLB dates competing and concert set-up/tear down occupying a full week. The "#3" numbers indicate how order of announcing added shows.

Bono singing full shows 3 nights in a row is an EXTREME rarity. They learned their lesson during Australia 1989 shows.

September
12 Chicago
13 (Chicago # 2)
14 off
15 (Toronto #3)
16 Toronto
17 (off day)
18 (Toronto #2)
19 off
20 Boston
21 (Boston #2)
22 off
23 off
24 NYC/NJ

I have a hard time believing a 3rd show will happen given the schedule.

September
12 Chicago
13 (Chicago # 2)
14 off
15 off
16 Toronto
17 (Toronto #2)
18 off
19 off
20 Boston
21 (Boston #2)
22 off
23 off
24 NYC/NJ
25 (NYV/NJ #2)

This is a more likely schedule. Hopefully Bono won't party too much in the possible 6 days during the Toronto international film fest.

no seriously again the same person told me 3 shows maybe it could be 2 now and 1 in 2010 but i thought in 2010 it was arenas.

no seriously again the same person told me 3 shows maybe it could be 2 now and 1 in 2010 but i thought in 2010 it was arenas.

Oh, I'm not doubting that he told you. Exactly how likely is your friend to be in the know? You can PM me with details. :wink:

I just think it's unlikely for a couple of reasons. First, because of scheduling, and how likely/unlikely it is for them to play back to back dates. They're approaching 50 now, and it would be more physically taxing, and harder on Bono's voice to play consecutive nights in a stadium than it would be in an arena, I'm guessing. Also, the sheer numbers - 3 nights at Rogers would be upwards of 175,000 tickets. Would the market support that? For Vertigo, they sold out 4 nights, but that was a total of around 85,000ish tickets, and that was on the strength of the single Vertigo, a catchy song that was ubiquitous at the time, and I would imagine it inspired a lot of casual fans to buy ticket who normally might not have. I'm not sure that this album has provided anything that compares to that level of incentive to casual fans, yet.

I hope I'm wrong, though, and that your friend is right. :)

Buffalo and Hamilton fans would come....even Detroit fans

so 3 shows is OK....checking the schedule, Rogers Centre is completely open that week minus the 16th

Buffalo and Hamilton fans would come....even Detroit fans

so 3 shows is OK....checking the schedule, Rogers Centre is completely open that week minus the 16th

Yeah, Hamilton and all of SW Ontario for sure, just like every tour. Detroit and surrounding areas, and probably upstate NY too, since it looks like they're not getting a show this tour. But is that enough to make up 90,000?

At this point (and like I said, I hope I'm wrong) I'm inclined to believe that they'll go the leave them wanting more route and under-book this leg, leaving people wanting to buy tickets in '10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom