September 16, 17 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nervous about camping out....do you figure it'll be more than one night on the streets of Toronto for some? :hmm:

Might be going back to school in the fall, so that might be interesting lol

yeah, the "mean streets" of Toronto :lol:

Besides, I don't know what RC policy is this time but they would not allow lineups outside of the ACC overnight last tour - for security reasons I am assuming...

WOOT! How long a flight is it? It's like 13 hours to drive right?

Yeah it's a pretty long drive. Definitely more then a day. The flight's not that long, around an hour and a half:D

Awww, I used to live in stinky Thunder Bay....near the paper mill and airport...good times! lol :wave:

:lol:Yeah living around there must have been pretty smelly.
Can't wait to graduate and get out of this town:cute:

yeah, the "mean streets" of Toronto :lol:

Besides, I don't know what RC policy is this time but they would not allow lineups outside of the ACC overnight last tour - for security reasons I am assuming...

I camped outside the ACC along with about 30 other people for the last night in TO....nobody asked us to leave. In fact, nobody really even acknowledged us.... :hmm:

I'd prefer if we couldn't camp out, cause I prefer a bed, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

Where are you working? I'm at King/Bay, although I don't anticipate lining up this time, just isn't really feasible for me.

On Front St., between John and Spadina - a stone's throw from the Roger's Centre.
I'm def lining up - I have 40 days of holiday accumulated so need to use them wisely!

By the way, how many additional shows do most people think they'll add? 1? 2?

Absolutely! :yes:

My boss is from Newfoundland so he'll love you!!

Btw, didn't you go to the show in Ottawa in '05?

Ha! :lol: I'll do my Newfie impression for him. I've only been here for a few years, but I'm getting fairly good at it now...

No, I unfortunately couldn't make it to the Ottawa show -- I was at the first TO show, though.

I know you weren't talking to me, but I just have to say that I DID! :applaud: :wave: (Toronto was better though)

Well, at the time I lived in Ottawa so I had a soft spot for it (okay, I always prefered T.O.!) so I liked the show.
But I saw the Vertigo tour 9 times and funnily enough Toronto were the only times I got into the ellipse! So yeah, it's my lucky city! :)

Ha! :lol: I'll do my Newfie impression for him. I've only been here for a few years, but I'm getting fairly good at it now...

No, I unfortunately couldn't make it to the Ottawa show -- I was at the first TO show, though.

Bring him a can of Pineapple Crush from the Rock and he'll deliver anything you want :wink:

On Front St., between John and Spadina - a stone's throw from the Roger's Centre.
I'm def lining up - I have 40 days of holiday accumulated so need to use them wisely!

By the way, how many additional shows do most people think they'll add? 1? 2?

I really can't see them adding any more than one. I could be wrong, though. In fact, I hope I am.

This stadium deal might not be a bad thing, after all. Walking downstairs from your hotel room and getting right into the GA line? Priceless. :drool:

I'm going to try for tickets in either Toronto or Boston, but most likely I'll end up in Toronto because the flight's a lot cheaper. Guess there'll be a lot of us there :)

I'm trying for Toronto tickets with another friend from Montreal. Can't decide if I'm going to fly in at 5:30am on the day of show and line up or come in a day early and stay a day after the show to explore TO.

Do I have to dress up as Steve Zissou in line?

I'll either be in line too or, if i cant get tickets, the one driving past every once in a while casually giving you all the finger

how many GA tix you guys planning on buying for the Toronto show?

all 4 and then swap later, or 2 for Toronto and 2 for another place during the presale?

^ I'm kinda stumped

I'm thinking 2 for my wife and I for Toronto, 2 for my brother and I in NYC

but then, better chance to listen to a different mix of songs live if the venues are spread out (1.5 months spread between TO and LV for example)

I've been to Vegas many times on business (trade show stuff), but never just for the hell of it or for a U2 concert.

4 for T.O. or bust, 8 total with a friend who is also buying. Any extra we have is going to fans we know before even considering selling them online. :up:

I'm about 98% sure there will be a second show. Therefore I am hoping to be able to trade some of my tix for GAs for night 2, or get lucky and pick up GAs for night 2 in the general sale.

Toronto is great that time of year, nice to stay and make a few days of it.

For me it's not so much that I can't take time off, but that I feel like I'd be sitting in line on my Blackberry all day and running back to the office 4 times, so I'm just not sure that's worth it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom