September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright.

So I haven't been up to date with the Chicago thread, but recently, I decided to trade two of my Chicago I GAs for two Chicago II GAs. I'll be attending Chicago I with my brother and Chicago II with my boyfriend.

I'm actually scared of running out of energy that weekend.

:sigh: Any tips from experienced double-show go-ers?

Alright.

So I haven't been up to date with the Chicago thread, but recently, I decided to trade two of my Chicago I GAs for two Chicago II GAs. I'll be attending Chicago I with my brother and Chicago II with my boyfriend.

Yup. Only do GA for one of the nights. GA 2 nights in a row gets tiring, and I'm not even 40 yet.

Mark

Alright.

meth...lots and lots of meth :ohmy:

-dan

Yup. Only do GA for one of the nights. GA 2 nights in a row gets tiring, and I'm not even 40 yet.
Mark

Ok Mark can I bounce something off of you & anyone else willing to help:huh:

Last night I bought my wife a 2009 Toyota Camry(They made me an offer I couldn't refuse $19,000 out the door) anyway I told my wife now I have some "capital" (is that the right word?) LOL anyway we have seats for night two but I have been trying to convince her to go to night one & do GA w/ me if I can get us two tickets here is the question can you tell me where a good place to stay would be that is not to far of a walk to SF & where I can just make reservations without paying up front? Plus I isn't paying $50 just to park each night no way hosea:applaud:

BTW Welcome Back Mark

Ok Mark can I bounce something off of you & anyone else willing to help:huh:

Last night I bought my wife a 2009 Toyota Camry(They made me an offer I couldn't refuse $19,000 out the door) anyway I told my wife now I have some "capital" (is that the right word?) LOL anyway we have seats for night two but I have been trying to convince her to go to night one & do GA w/ me if I can get us two tickets here is the question can you tell me where a good place to stay would be that is not to far of a walk to SF & where I can just make reservations without paying up front? Plus I isn't paying $50 just to park each night no way hosea:applaud:

BTW Welcome Back Mark

There are some hotels where you don't have to pay up front. Try the congress plaza hotel, central loop hotel or essex inn. :up:

^ me too. :hyper:

just to reiterate, I have yet to meet an interferencer in real life. :reject:

hooray to those who are in the same boat! :applaud:

You're all welcome to join my alpaca parade. What's more exciting than an alpaca?

:lol:

Nothing except this maybe

funny-pictures-pimp-alpakah.jpg

MaMa said yes !!!!!

:madwife:

She just called me from work (she is a nurse)

I can buy two GA Tickets for 9/12:lock::yippie:

It only cost me $19,000

LOL

Anyone wanna sell me Two GA's:huh:

MaMa Mia ! I have been checking online & most of the hotels CLOSE to SF have no availability

Anyone know about this one ? Is it The Bates Motel:reject:

AAE Chicago Parthenon
314 S. Halsted Street
Chicago, IL 60661

1.9 Miles From Center City Chicago

We can walk two miles no problem but ummm is there an easier way to get to SF ? Anyone :huh:

MaMa Mia ! I have been checking online & most of the hotels CLOSE to SF have no availability

AAE Chicago Parthenon
314 S. Halsted Street
Chicago, IL 60661

We can walk two miles no problem but ummm is there an easier way to get to SF ? Anyone :huh:

I am not a great source for Chicago hotels. I was able to use points (YEAH!) to stay at an Embassy Suites downtown. But, I will say that if you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel and don't want to park, check on the transit lines. Like several people have mentioned, staying out by O'Hare is easy (and safe) with just a train ride and some walking. I don't know what hotels are up the Red Line, but that could work, too.

Mark

AAE Chicago Parthenon
314 S. Halsted Street
Chicago, IL 60661

I know that it's a hostel in Greektown, that's about it.

The area is fine and you're about 2.5 miles from Soldier Field.

back on topic...are there still people who don't have a place to stay in chicago? right now i'm at travelodge (about a mile away and arriving on the 10th) and i'm by myself. i know there's no shortage of hotels/rooms in chicago, but if there's anybody who wants to split it up so they don't pay full rates i'd be down.

-dan

i'm going to quote my own post and throw the offer out again

-dan

I am not a great source for Chicago hotels. I was able to use points (YEAH!) to stay at an Embassy Suites downtown. But, I will say that if you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel and don't want to park, check on the transit lines. Like several people have mentioned, staying out by O'Hare is easy (and safe) with just a train ride and some walking. I don't know what hotels are up the Red Line, but that could work, too.

Mark

Thanks Mark

initially we were only going to Chicago Dos so just a five hour drive from Dayton to Chicago & then drive home afterwards if I knew then what I know now I would have booked it months ago:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom