September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I'm doing, it's cheaper for me to do it that way, even with cabs etc, should I chose to use them.

I live in a southwest suburb of Chicago but HATE driving in the city. Traffic is going to be a nightmare too so driving becomes even less appealing lol. Have no problem walking over to the stadium from the train station.

quick question... i was hoping to maybe find a parking garage around town the night/early morning before the show, but it sounds like the garages nearest to Soldier Field might be filled up or sold out ahead of time because of the show??? Any clarification would be appreciated, as I'd hate to walk all the way to the stadium from a longer distance, but wouldn't mind paying maybe a pittance in cab fare to get the stadium either.

NO Cameras allowed!

I posted this in the main Tours section but I wanted to be sure everyone here knew about it. I just spoke with two Soldier Field reps and they said they would not be allowing ANY cameras into the U2 show.

PLEASE, we need phone calls to get this sorted. They couldn't tell me where or when they'd 'posted' this, only claimed they had.:huh:

I bought a camera specifically for these shows so I'm gutted.

I have the number, and it's on their website. So please call! If you could post what they tell you, it would be helpful.

Thanks!

Birdlover

Does anyone know how far it is from soldier field to the nearest train/subway stop? We are thinking about staying by o hare airport to save some moola cos hotels are sooo expensive and just taking the the subway to soldier field for the sunday night show. Would you suggest this?

Does anyone know how far it is from soldier field to the nearest train/subway stop? We are thinking about staying by o hare airport to save some moola cos hotels are sooo expensive and just taking the the subway to soldier field for the sunday night show. Would you suggest this?

it's under a mile, but it feels like a whole mile

I posted this in the main Tours section but I wanted to be sure everyone here knew about it. I just spoke with two Soldier Field reps and they said they would not be allowing ANY cameras into the U2 show.

PLEASE, we need phone calls to get this sorted. They couldn't tell me where or when they'd 'posted' this, only claimed they had.:huh:

I have the number, and it's on their website. So please call! If you could post what they tell you, it would be helpful.

Thanks!

Birdlover

Hide the camera to get one in.

Thanks!

Birdlover

I have a strong suspicion that they won't enforce this for both shows. Fleetcenter tried to do this during the first show in Boston on the Vertigo show. By the second show, they were allowing cameras in. Stupid policy set by stupid people who don't know any better.

I know this isn't the right thread for this question, but i'm avoiding the main threads. (atu2 already spoiled one of the songs through their poll) But has it been determined who's eligible to get scanned into the ellipse? I saw an ebay listing that said only fan club tickets will have a chance. And are they allowing 2 friends to go along with a winner?

I know this isn't the right thread for this question, but i'm avoiding the main threads. (atu2 already spoiled one of the songs through their poll) But has it been determined who's eligible to get scanned into the ellipse? I saw an ebay listing that said only fan club tickets will have a chance. And are they allowing 2 friends to go along with a winner?

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

You can come out of the bunker now, the Cold War is over!!!!:lol::lol:

There is no lottery. Just come early enough and you're in.... and here's all the songs they have been playing.....

Just kidding.

Thanks!

Birdlover

there's no way soldier field security or personnel is going to block people from bringing in point & shoots

-dan

there's no way soldier field security or personnel is going to block people from bringing in point & shoots

-dan

For 1st night Chicago, I'm definitely bringing a point & shoot, but for the 2nd night, I may try to bring in my DSLR depending on what I see being used the first night. We'll see.

There is NO way a stadium can stop cameras from coming in--too many people, too little security.

Mark

so no lottery, huh? i wonder if they'll follow that policy through the US leg. I just hope this doesn't mean that 8 or 9am won't be early enough to get in.

For 1st night Chicago, I'm definitely bringing a point & shoot, but for the 2nd night, I may try to bring in my DSLR depending on what I see being used the first night. We'll see.

There is NO way a stadium can stop cameras from coming in--too many people, too little security.

Mark

I told my husband we needed to read up on how to take good shots in low light--without the flash.

In 05--at the Cleveland show we were in the circle--long the far edge--my friend and I noticed that Bono tended to avoid areas were there was a lot of camera flashing. I dunno...maybe we were just being overly dramatic :huh:

Something maybe to take into consideration....I'm in the RZ--so I'm planning on turning myself into a girl from Brazil in the next month....:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom