September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW. I don't mean to be the lech here, I'm just all hot and bothered after checking out The Claw thread. GOD the stage!!! :drool::drool::drool:

I wish I could be in Barcelona, but I'm glad Chicago gets the first NA shows.

Mark

^I'm excited too....I just keep looking at the Claw guessing where exactly the Red Zone may be and the more I see the more I'm like Holy S*&% :combust:

A question: Is it necessary to get a car, or is there enough public transportation to get from the airport to city to venue etc? I have everything booked except a car thinking its fine without.

A question: Is it necessary to get a car, or is there enough public transportation to get from the airport to city to venue etc? I have everything booked except a car thinking its fine without.

On the contrary, you probably don't want a car in Chicago. It is very easy to get around. Public transit is cheap and easy, but parking is F-n ridiculous--not that there aren't spots, just they cost WAY TOO MUCH!

So, I'll be the idiot with my car because we're driving down from Minneapolis instead of flying.

Mark

I haven't figured out yet if I'll try and navigate the El from O'Hare (the El goes to O'Hare, right? With various transfers?) or cab it to and from the airport and then rely on walking and the El from that point.

If it's a buttload of hassle to take the El to and from O'Hare, I'll splurge for a cab because eliminating giant hassles is worth the $$$ to me.

Chicago isn't so bad....we just drove from Cleveland to NYC and did some 'driving' there.

Chi-town will be a cake walk.

:wave: the idiots driving from Cleveland.

I respectfully and lovingly use the term idiot for me because the amount we'll end up paying for parking will be the equivalent of at least one plane ticket. :huh:

Mark

I respectfully and lovingly use the term idiot for me because the amount we'll end up paying for parking will be the equivalent of at least one plane ticket. :huh:

Mark

I know...I didn't think you were ripping on 'idiots'. I'm the one paying for RZ tickets :huh: I could fly Southwest back and forth from Cleveburgh 20 times for the price of my RZ tix.

No idiots...just friends :laugh: WHO REALLY LOVE U2!

So what's the transportation like in Chicago? I've never been there so...
How far is O'Hare airport from Soldier Field?

Sorry, for the dumb questions :D

So what's the transportation like in Chicago? I've never been there so...
How far is O'Hare airport from Soldier Field?

Sorry, for the dumb questions :D

Chicago is VERY easy to get around. I've only flown into Midway, but took the train into the city and walked to my hotels. Very walkable, easy public transportation and cabs. Buy a good map at a bookstore and you'll be good to go.

Chicago is VERY easy to get around. I've only flown into Midway, but took the train into the city and walked to my hotels. Very walkable, easy public transportation and cabs. Buy a good map at a bookstore and you'll be good to go.

Cool, thanks!! I'm staying at a friends house but she may not be there so I can't rely on her parents.

^The El had a line straight from Midway to the loop. I would assume it would be the same for O'Hare. From Midway it was a 15 min ride.

The other thing about Chicago is the people are incredibly friendly/helpful. I swear we stood on a corner and barely got out our map when at least 2 people asked us if we needed help.

:heart: Chicago

Pretty darned far. O'Hare is north of the downtown/loop area by quite a bit. I haven't yet investigated how easy (or not) it is to get from O'Hare to the Loop(ish) area.

The Blue Line goes right from O'Hare to the Loop. I think it takes about an hour if memory serves. That may seem like a long time, but when you pass by the cars stopped on the freeway, you'll know you made the right choice.

It really couldn't be easier. Just buy the right pass when you get there, and then just jump on to get to wherever.

Mark

Oh, awesome, good to know about the Blue Line. Thanks!

I have a lot of various people I'm trying to meet up with while in Chicago, so I'm not sure where I'm going once I fly in - ha ha. Maybe I can talk my friends into meeting me in the Loop that first night so I can just have to worry about getting to the hotel from O'Hare. :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom