September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART THREE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely to meet so many lovely people from all over the States down at the Hard Rock. Thanks a million PartyGirl43! A wonderful party girl hostess! And a great start to the weekend.

I will be there sometime before 6 am on Sunday and you better believe I will not give one once of respect to the wristband system. I will not honor those who are breaking the rules. I am going to show up for the 6 am line up time endorsed by Soldier Field and I don't care if you were there the night before and "claimed your spot." The line starts up at 6 am whether you get there at 11 the night before or not.

How terribly conformist! You'd honour the stadium rules over the more intuitive rules of common courtesy? I guess it's easily justifiable when it suits your self-interest. "But the sign says 6am." Maybe the stadium rules and the sign are ridiculous.

I really hope those who were queuing yesterday and today have the awareness and sense to get back there before 5:59am to avoid any disputes. The guys I talked to had plans to camp out somewhere near the stadium. Of course, if they're a bit slow getting to Gate 0 for 6am and new arrivals are there, then the decent thing to do would be for the newbies to accept the oldies' claim to their spot. Whether the new arrivals have the grace to do this is potential flashpoint.

Dear oh dear. Good luck resolving disputes amicably. Love n peace y'all!

Well, I have a wristband but there's no way in hell I'll be there at 6. I don't want to take anyone's spot who was legitimately in line, but my hunch is people will be holding spots for others. That's when the chaos might begin. Love and peace or else, folks. :heart:

How hard is it for people to realize that it's first come, first serve. Not when you feel like it, but when the venue says it's ok?

Dear oh dear. Good luck resolving disputes amicably. Love n peace y'all!

Hahahaha! Welcome to the North American queing culture, Cathal!

This is par for the course here in the States (don't know about Canada or Mexico, actually). Lots of arguing and bickering online, a bit less in person.

I'll take the West European queues anyday (forget Milano, Zagreb and Chorzow!). But, Chicago will be fine, as long as the venue security have their shit together - not always a guarantee.

I'm wide awake, people. It's 4:13am, and I'm about to leave and catch a flight to Chicago. The only trouble is that I have a connection in Houston, and it's raining both here in Austin and in Houston... I'm praying for no flight issues.

Hopping in the shower. Eating breakfast. Packing up some cool stuff to do during the day. Heading to Chicago. Getting in line around 9 AM. Hanging out by myself and other fans during the day. Dancing and singing my face off to the best show on earth. Losing my voice. Buying a t-shirt. Driving home. Doing it all again tomorrow (in the Red Zone).

And this... the day I have been waiting for - for four years. Yes, for those reading this out loud, it did sound like I said the same word three times in a row. Hopefully everything this weekend will be that awesome! :D

How hard is it for people to realize that it's first come, first serve. Not when you feel like it, but when the venue says it's ok?

I think everyone realises it's first come first served, how that is defined would appear to be dependent on a person's self-interest.

The venue rule is very silly and, like it or not, is being ignored by hundreds of people. And quite right too imo.

You've said you're going to ignore this queue if the people aren't in the official spot at the officially appointed hour. If people with wristbands come back much later like 8am or whatever then fair enough. If it's earlier like 6:05am then I think you may need to shore up your arguments for grabbing their spot - or consider stepping back and letting them in. (You'd still get into the pit anyway.)

Still all quiet on the western front. Hopefully there's an armistice, this wee discussion is completely pointless, and everyone is having tea and cake and making new friends.

Not sure but I think it's more like 2000. Many people who queue overnight do it to grab the outer rail, which is a phenomenal spot.

In GA as we speak... arrived at 5 am and there were two lines claiming to have the first dibs. Securityeventually came and set up the rope and basically ignored the wristband line. not sure if they'll honor that or the marker numbers line as more and more people are coming now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom