September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART THREE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, seriously, this has been a fun read, but I have real questions :p

I just found out -- Dh surprised me with tickets for the Saturday show!!!!!!

We are driving in from Pittsburgh Saturday morning, and will arrive about 2 or 3 at the stadium. He thinks we can "tailgate". Can we? Will other people be parked early partying and having fun? I've never got to a concert quite so early, and don't really know. Sorry, lol.

It's good to know about the oxygen thing. Cause I'll need some, too :lol: I about needed it when he told me, cause I almost hyperventilated!

~Ali

Ok, seriously, this has been a fun read, but I have
We are driving in from Pittsburgh Saturday morning, and will arrive about 2 or 3 at the stadium. He thinks we can "tailgate". Can we? Will other people be parked early partying and having fun? I've never got to a concert quite so early, and don't really know. Sorry, lol.

~Ali

Good question about tailgating. I would call Soldier Field to ask about parking on the 12th and tailgating restrictions.

Oh boy. Bad news all. I've heard some rumblings that they are moving the claw 180 degrees left of the field and that we are not allowed to bring a camera in. And they aren't allowing parking at the stadium. This is from a very reliable source.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? No cameras. Heresy! I'd call Soldier Field about the parking. It may be true but it also may be easier NOT to park there and walk from the South Loop. Its hard parking there as there is essentially one way in and out as if you go EAST you'll get really wet.

i don't want to leave my kitteh home alone for 5 days, can i bring him with me and does he have to wear the mask?

also, my camera has a pretty big zoom lens:

20inch_KittPeak.jpg

am i good to go?

-dan

Oh boy. Bad news all. I've heard some rumblings that they are moving the claw 180 degrees left of the field and that we are not allowed to bring a camera in. And they aren't allowing parking at the stadium. This is from a very reliable source.

what do you mean by 180 degrees left of the field?

apparently the stadium is being used for the circus next weekend, so they're moving the show to the north parking lot.

oh cool, lol!

no, i was wondering if she meant that the stage would be on a sideline instead of an endzone. but i don't think U2 would switch like that after they sold tickets.

I find this hard to believe. If your source is Bono, he lies anyway. :tsk:

So, I gotta ask. Is anyone camping out this time around? I was planning to, but scanning through the threads, it doesn't look like anyone is, lol. Which is great - I was worried about parking and finding a place to keep my sleeping bags and such. And stupid me, just realized there's more room for GA folks at Soldier Field than at the United Center. :reject:

I have seats for the first show, GA for the second.

When is the Hard Rock meetup? :hyper:

So, I gotta ask. Is anyone camping out this time around? I was planning to, but scanning through the threads, it doesn't look like anyone is, lol. Which is great - I was worried about parking and finding a place to keep my sleeping bags and such. And stupid me, just realized there's more room for GA folks at Soldier Field than at the United Center. :reject:

I have seats for the first show, GA for the second.

When is the Hard Rock meetup? :hyper:

i'm in line right now, i'm #458...better hurry up and get here?

there's a meetup? why am i always the last to know these things??? :doh:

-dan

Question: for those who have been to Soldier Field before, what are the best bets in terms of parking (considering cost, distance from stadium, convenience, etc)?

Find a cheap all day parking away from downtown for like $5-$10. Find public transportation that takes you to Soldier Field. Save yourself $20-$60.

My plan. Park for free at a South Shore Line station in Indiana. $4 ticket to Soldier Field. $4 back to Indiana.

In total, I drive like 5 miles and get all day parking for $8. Trains rule.

Noone is going to know what the hell the weather is really like till the day of! I could honestly care less. All that matters to me is that there's no snow and freezing cold temperatures lol. Im just excited as hell to have U2 open the tour where I live! :hyper:

Plan on getting to the GA line early on Saturday morning. Have other obligations that keep me from camping out on Friday night. Be interesting to see if anyone does in fact camp out the night before.

Hai, guys. Is something happening in Chicago this weekend? Something exciting? Something involving a band??!?!

Kind of got lost earlier in the thread, but a U2 cover band is playing at The Abbey Friday night. Just something to think about in addition to the gathering at the Hard Rock Hotel.

Looks like the buses might not start running to SF until around 7 or 8am. Anyone walking from the loop earlier than that? Not crazy about going it alone at 3 or 4 in the morning, though I'm sure some at the hotel might be thinking the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom