September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART THREE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All :wave:,
I'm driving down from Fargo, ND on Friday - hope to arrive in Chicago early evening and perhaps make it to the Hard Rock Hotel gathering if I'm not totally wiped out from the drive - would be nice to meet some fellow U2 fans since 99% of the people I talk to up here aren't fans (perhaps I just don't know the right people???). I'm going to both Chicago shows (have seats for both nights) and can't believe the the first show is less than three days away!!!

Awesome! That's about 14 hours right?

Safe travels all!

A little work, drop the dog at camp, pack, SEE SNOW PATROL!!!, sleep, wake up and drive to Chicago--that's my next 24 hours.
(I should probably quit the Blue Crack for a little while :angry: )

Mark

sweet! thanks. i kind of want to hear about Favre stinking it up against Cleveland. :D

I'm only a passive Vikings fan. I think they made a big mistake by not committing to Tavaris Jackson a couple of years ago (last year? who cares?).
Farve will make it interesting though--good and bad.

M

you're welcome. :wink:

28861617.jpg

i wonder if there will be rehearsals today. if so, then i will avoid the forums, though if one of you wanted to send me a PM just to let me know if there will be any surprises (with no specific details), that would be cool. :wink:

For those of you who will be in Chicago tomorrow, be sure to check out WXRT - 93.1 FM as they're having U2 as their "Friday Feature." This generally means they'll be featuring U2 songs all day, a few times an hour, and block sets of them.

Also, it appears that after the show on Saturday, they'll have a block set of U2. :applaud:

If you're not going to be here, you can still listen online - 93xrt

Probably everyone here has tickets for this weekends shows. However, I just wanted to pass on that I think there might be quite a few deals today and tomorrow. Yesterday I saw a guy on ebay pull his tickets by refusing bids because he was going to lose his shirt, and some lucky buyer was going to get prime seats on the cheap. And many of the brokers seem to be selling at face or even below.

I probably should have waited myself, but I found a great seat for Saturday's show on Ticketmaster yesterday and took advantage. My thought was that I can simply go to Will Call with no hassles and not worry about shipping or having to meet someone. But, it is definitely looking like a buyer's market. I don't think this has any bearing on lack of interest in seeing the band, I think it is face values that are high, combined with a tough economy, and those greedy little brokers and scalpers biting off more than they could chew this time.

Now, I don't mean to complain, as this is a problem I would have been more than happy to have had before owning this ticket, but I am afraid that my lower level seat might be just under an overhang (roof). Does anyone know if this will prevent me from seeing the entire claw? I will be in row 13 on the East side of the Stadium. It is a $250 face value ticket. I think I will be on about the 15 Yard Line if it was a football game. If anyone has a clue, I would appreciate any info.

Parking for Chicago Sunday show

Hey ya'll going to the show this weekend in Chicago....my friend and I are coming down from Milwaukee. I have been to Chicago numerous times....but just wondering what the best option for parking would be? I know you can park at soldier field, but that's pretty expensive. Is there an option to park somewhere in the burbs and take the L in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! And if you are going on Sunday and give some great advice....let's meet up and I'll buy you a drink!

Thanks!

--Matt

Hey ya'll going to the show this weekend in Chicago....my friend and I are coming down from Milwaukee. I have been to Chicago numerous times....but just wondering what the best option for parking would be? I know you can park at soldier field, but that's pretty expensive. Is there an option to park somewhere in the burbs and take the L in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! And if you are going on Sunday and give some great advice....let's meet up and I'll buy you a drink!

Thanks!

--Matt

If you don't mind parking and riding the train (I totally think its the way to go), you've got lots of options. I'm usually coming from the west, so what I've done for Bears games is just park on the street (free) 2 or 3 blocks from the train station in Oak Park, and take the L train (blue line) in to the loop and walk to Soldier Field from there. Very easy. I'm sure you could do the same thing from the north. Train map here: http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/maps/ctatrainmap.png

It you want to have a car in the city, you could park at the Millennium Garages
(Chicago Symphony Parking | Grant Park Parking) for $25, and take a stroll through Grant Park on your way to the stadium.

I'm sure all of you (excluding Mikal) will be thrilled to know I will be at both shows.

I'm sure Mikal will be less than thrilled to know he won't be attending either show because I'll be murdering him for illegal downloading.

I'm sure all of you (excluding Mikal) will be thrilled to know I will be at both shows.

I'm sure Mikal will be less than thrilled to know he won't be attending either show because I'll be murdering him for illegal downloading.

:wave:

what are the cheapest, but still decent hotels in Chicago? and I mean cheap..... :)

If you're looking for a really cheap hotel, I don't think you're going to find one in the city at this point.

If you want my advice (and who wouldn't??!! :wink:), I recommend you use hotwire.com, get a hotel in the O'hare area (right now $37/night for a two-star, $55 for a 3-star) and take the train (blue line) into the city for the show(s). If you want to know what hotel Hotwire is offering you before you pull the trigger, check out betterbidding.com...they can usually tell you.

If you don't mind parking and riding the train (I totally think its the way to go), you've got lots of options. I'm usually coming from the west, so what I've done for Bears games is just park on the street (free) 2 or 3 blocks from the train station in Oak Park, and take the L train (blue line) in to the loop and walk to Soldier Field from there. Very easy. I'm sure you could do the same thing from the north. Train map here: http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/maps/ctatrainmap.png

It you want to have a car in the city, you could park at the Millennium Garages
(Chicago Symphony Parking | Grant Park Parking) for $25, and take a stroll through Grant Park on your way to the stadium.

Matt,

If you are coming from Milwaukee, you could take the Linden Street 'L' to Roosevelt Street. Take the Purple Line to Howard and hop on the Red Line at Howard. Then take that all the way to Roosevelt. About a 20 minute walk to Soldier Field from there. But, don't take the Skokie Swift as that station is not open at night.

I think the way back will resemble the stations of the cross, but that should work for you.

Use that handy map Sprial Staircase provided for you and it should all be pretty clear.

Woohoo!!! My tickets have arrived. {sigh of relief} It's real. I am coming to Chicago for Saturday's show. OMFG!!!!!!!

Thank god I have Friday & Monday off. I'll need it. Hell, I'm barely working as it is :hyper:

RE: Hard Rock Hotel gathering ... PartyGirl43 and I made little table signs with the Interference logo on them so look for those Friday night if you're not sure where to go! :up:

:)hyper: gaaahh.... 3.5 hours of work and then home to pack!!!! Have a great trip everyone. See you there! :hyper:)

Because you waved, I may let you live for the shows, but you will become acquainted with Utahn Justice at some point. :wink:

zomg, lol AND rofl! (also lmao)

If NSW or Diemen want to go to the Hard Rock thing, I'll probably go as well.

Well, as you know, I'm working pretty late that night. And I'm working the next day as well, cos it's a Football Saturday. But, if I get out of work Friday and am not too beat, I might stop by the Hard Rock.

Do me a favor and let me know if you and Diemen end up stopping by, that might impact my decision.

Awesome! That's about 14 hours right?

Mark

Hopefully closer to 11-12 hours, depending on the number of stops I make. It's going to be a long drive - wish I had a teleporter :)

I'm pretty much useless at work today - all concentration on anything, but last minute planning for the trip, has been lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom