September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART FOUR!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone tell me what time last nights show got through?

Does anyone know the approximate time the show got over? My friend and I are taking the train from the south side and being a Sunday and all, the last train leaves Union station at 11:40pm. We will probably be pushing it right?

U2 started at 8:45p.m. show over at 10:50p.m.

Just wanted to say you guys are great for posting all your thoughts and advice about GA! Its my first time and could be last considering U2's age and mine!!! So I appreciate all the thoughts and will take everything into consideration. :hug:

I think i'll stay in the back of GA tonight. I don't like the sound from the claw. Bono's voice sound too high pitched and it is way too loud even for an outdoor show.

I have never ever been so happy to have SEATS for tonight then I am right now.... I learned some valuable lessons last night though

1. Save your feet if you have GA

2. Inner Circle :down::down: unless you love being really close to people that body parts are touching & Beer drinkers are bumping:down::down:

3. Outside Rail Outside Rail Outside Rail & in case you missed it Outside Rail:up::up:

Concession Stand Lady told me 75,000 people will be at both shows Total Sold Out Show for both nights

I have never ever been so happy to have SEATS for tonight then I am right now.... I learned some valuable lessons last night though

1. Save your feet if you have GA

2. Inner Circle :down::down: unless you love being really close to people that body parts are touching & Beer drinkers are bumping:down::down:

3. Outside Rail Outside Rail Outside Rail & in case you missed it Outside Rail:up::up:

Concession Stand Lady told me 75,000 people will be at both shows Total Sold Out Show for both nights

So, overall, do you recommend inner circle or outside rail then?

:wink:

I am going 4 outside rail!!! Plus the short factor comes into play and I would like to get there around 3 pm so I hope that will work out.

Oh and SV if I hear anything more about your age you'll get this :madwife: its just a state of mind. Fortunately, mine is that of teenagers and when need be I can be an adult too! :lol:

No offense, Seth, cos you seem like a nice guy, but what the hell what did you expect?

Saturday night in a major city, not to mention 70,000 extra people out and about. Yeah, there are gonna be crowds.

None taken as I feel you are a super nice guy :up::up:

Stacey loves The Blue Line & most of the people riding it are really nice but there are some seedy characters that get on it and every single person I have spoken to in ChiCLAWgo has been really nice and friendly EXCEPT one woman when we got off the blue line at Lake & Clark and asked her how to get to Soldier's Field ..... she worked for CTA

I don't know NSW it just made me feel like being transferred like Cattle back and forth

There is a difference though u can be in the middle of 70,000 nice people or 70,000 drunken assholes.

Saturday night trains in Chicago are always filled with drunken assholes.

Sorry kids, but if you want to avoid crowds and drunks, stay home. When you opt to attend a concert in a city like Chicago, you sort of need to be prepared for these things.

The GA line? Inexcusable. Too many in the pit? Also inexcusable.

Crowded train on a Saturday night???? Come on.

I don't know NSW it just made me feel like being transferred like Cattle back and forth

I definitely feel the same way, it just did not come as a surprise, that's all I'm saying.

Leaving the stadium definitely felt like a cattle call, but, eventually you make your way out of it and breathe a sigh of relief.

Sounds like tonight will be a better experience for you two, having seats and all. Enjoy it, and, it's gorgeous out, Seth, go wander the city a bit! Take the architecture tour, you wander around the Chicago river on a boat for an hour; it's great!

Sorry kids, but if you want to avoid crowds and drunks, stay home. When you opt to attend a concert in a city like Chicago, you sort of need to be prepared for these things.

Good points on all :up::up:

I definitely feel the same way, it just did not come as a surprise, that's all I'm saying.

Leaving the stadium definitely felt like a cattle call, but, eventually you make your way out of it and breathe a sigh of relief.

Sounds like tonight will be a better experience for you two, having seats and all. Enjoy it, and, it's gorgeous out, Seth, go wander the city a bit! Take the architecture tour, you wander around the Chicago river on a boat for an hour; it's great!

NSW we walked from Lake/Clark to SF yesterday:ohmy::ohmy:

Took a Shore Line Cruise @ The Navy Pier Friday Night:up::up:

I have never been so happy having seats as I am at this moment:applaud:

I am joining you & Sicy on the no more GA for me club LOL

Well let me clarify GA is GREAT if you stay in an area where you can move freely

NSW I spoke w/ Two Taxi Cab Drivers prior to the show they both told me that when it is over just come outside there will be Taxi's out the Wazoo & we would pay less than $10 to go to Clark/Lake to get on the Blue Line guess how many Taxi's we saw after the show

ZERO:down:

We finally just waited for everyone to clear out & the really really nice tall black guy directing buses outta the joint told me to stand down for a few minutes as he called a friend of his to take us straight to the blue line on a private shuttle we were the only two on the bus:up::up:

This.

How are people complaining about the CTA? :huh: I never once bitched about the public transportation in Torino during the Olympics b/c I knew what to expect.

6p.m. walked into GA/FLOOR AREA Six Rows Back from FOS Adam's Side In Pit

Well, we have someone here that was in line at 2:00 PM and says that they did not make it into the pit, so now I'm confused.

Should we assume that everyone who lined up who wanted to get into the pit before the doors opened got into the pit?

Well, we have someone here that was in line at 2:00 PM and says that they did not make it into the pit, so now I'm confused.

She we assume that everyone who lined up who wanted to get into the pit before the doors opened got into the pit?

Well the only thing that may have been confusing was there were two sections one each side (Edge's & Adam's) with gates and security that said RED ZONE VIP & I said to Stacey "Can we go in there?" She said "No that is for VIP only.." but I decided to go over to one of the security guys and ask if we could he said "Sure you have a green bracelet go ahead...."

So if some people saw VIP/RED ZONE & assumed b/c they did not have VIP Tickets they were not allowed to enter that would put them Outsid Rail where I would have GLADLY traded places

She we assume that everyone who lined up who wanted to get into the pit before the doors opened got into the pit?

I can't believe that BOTH entrances had reached their max. The "info" I heard was that they let so many in on each side. They had someone keeping count on each side. If one side reached the predetermined number, they wouldn't let anyone else in. That doesn't mean the other side wasn't still available. That seems like what happened. I saw people showing up and walking all the way to the end of the line at 5pm and they stood next to me in the inner circle. The exciting part about that was they were a couple where the guy HAD to have his arms wrapped around his girl the ENTIRE time thus taking up even more space side to side. It was fun.

Yeah didn't make it into the pit unfortunately. Filleed up faster than expected. From here it looks tiny tho so I am cool. We are just outside it

So pumped!

Hers hoping for your blue room! Fingers crossed

You lined up at 2:00 PM and did not make it in? We have another person in this thread who lined up at 6:00 pm and says they made it in. Those two experiences seem to contradict each other. Did you go straight for the pit when the gates opened or did wait and did other things inside the stadium before trying to go into the pit?

I can't believe that BOTH entrances had reached their max. The "info" I heard was that they let so many in on each side. They had someone keeping count on each side. If one side reached the predetermined number, they wouldn't let anyone else in. That doesn't mean the other side wasn't still available. That seems like what happened. I saw people showing up and walking all the way to the end of the line at 5pm and they stood next to me in the inner circle. The exciting part about that was they were a couple where the guy HAD to have his arms wrapped around his girl the ENTIRE time thus taking up even more space side to side. It was fun.

Interesting. Any estimate for the number of people in line at 5:00 PM? The pit can hold up to 2,700 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom