September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of a handful of Interferencers who are going to aim for seats. Maybe we'll even luck into being relatively close to each other. :)

I'm one of those handful. Is there any need to get there early at all, if you have seats? I think I'd enjoy doing the GA campout thing, but I can't this time. As it is, I may not be able to get there until the opening act is on?

I'd love to get together with some Interferencers afterwards though! :)

I did Chicago and Pittsburgh alone...you won't be alone for long! Everyone is really nice and you'll have a great time.

Will we get an e-mail or something from U2.com indicating when we can buy our tickets? I just joined yesterday so I am a Boots.

I'm one of those handful. Is there any need to get there early at all, if you have seats? I think I'd enjoy doing the GA campout thing, but I can't this time. As it is, I may not be able to get there until the opening act is on?

I'd love to get together with some Interferencers afterwards though! :)

A get together would be a lot of fun :)

I'm one of those handful. Is there any need to get there early at all, if you have seats?

:wave:

I don't think there's any need to get there early, unless you want plenty of time beforehand to buy some merchandise, or want to come early and meet some fans waiting in line or something.

You'll be fine!

It's always a bit odd for me b/c I've gone to these concerts alone since the early nineties. No one here really likes U2 like me... so when I get to the line 15 hours early and there's 30 or 40 people there with U2 shirts and "Pride" blarring in the background, it's really wierd.

Can't wait!!!

yeah I've gone to hardcore shows like Norma Jean and I survived Rage Against the Machine ... U2 should be fine. Although GA in a stadium is gonna be nuts

:hmm: who are you? haha, if you live in the chicago-land area, we should definitely hang out (seems like we're both in the same generation?).

well...what I'd reccommend is chill in line with whatever but then before they line everyone up for good, bring your belongings back to your home/hotel/car/have someone pick them up/something like this. people will let you leave and come back

so does that mean they don't let the waistpack stuff in? what about my cigarettes and my doobies? :sad:

A get together would be a lot of fun :)
would this get together require me to be 21 years old? :reject:

we should definitely compile a list of members who are attending the chicago show. this would be my first time meeting fellow interferencers... so i'd love and thoroughly enjoy it if this hoedown was prepared. :hyper:

:reject:

It's always a bit odd for me b/c I've gone to these concerts alone since the early nineties. No one here really likes U2 like me... so when I get to the line 15 hours early and there's 30 or 40 people there with U2 shirts and "Pride" blarring in the background, it's really wierd.

Can't wait!!!

Where in Kentucky are you? I used to live there.

My friends all think I'm weird! Sigh!

I have never gone solo but usually drag my sister along and her first U2 concert she was on the rail up front for Indy Elevation.

Now, the people I go to concerts with are the people from Interference! There are a few I met on the old AOL U2 message boards that I go with as well.

I have made many friends through U2.

would this get together require me to be 21 years old? :reject:

we should definitely compile a list of members who are attending the chicago show. this would be my first time meeting fellow interferencers... so i'd love and thoroughly enjoy it if this hoedown was prepared. :hyper:

:reject:

If one gathering ends up being a 21 and older thing than I have no problem with doing a different one where everyone can be included :).

A list is a great idea! So excited to meet some new faces :hyper:

:hmm: who are you? haha, if you live in the chicago-land area, we should definitely hang out (seems like we're both in the same generation?).

My name is Astrid. I attend Indiana University. I unfortunately do not live in the Chicago area but we should definitely meet up in the GA line :)

so does that mean they don't let the waistpack stuff in? what about my cigarettes and my doobies? :sad:

Ah I'm almost sure they'll let a waistpack in, they might search it though idk, if it's small enough prolly not since theres so many people. The only thing they didn't let in last time if I recall was backpacks. I just meant if you have other stuff with you in line, like maybe an iPod (I would be nervous about losing that at a concert) or blankets or whatever. I want as little as possible with me in the actual concert.

agree, maybe with pics and everything? Not that I'll remember half of you based on pictures when there's so many, but it could help. I can't wait to meet people in line and be like HAY R U FROM INTERFERENCE and have them look at me strange when they're not...:lol:

I have never gone solo but usually drag my sister along and her first U2 concert she was on the rail up front for Indy Elevation.

Indy? Nice! I was there...first concert ever...unfortunately was not GA. I went with my dad and a friend from his work who thought that Bono was "such a dreamboat" :lol: I agreed ... :wink:

My name is Astrid. I attend Indiana University. I unfortunately do not live in the Chicago area but we should definitely meet up in the GA line :)

Indy? Nice! I was there...first concert ever...unfortunately was not GA. I went with my dad and a friend from his work who thought that Bono was "such a dreamboat" :lol: I agreed ... :wink:

Astrid,

I went to IU for Grad School (2001-2003). I was a SPEAon! I now live in the DC area!

Well Lexington, KY was my first U2 concert. I loved it so much that I went to Indy as well. I remember it was Bono's birthday and he danced with a bunch of girls. I could get up there to dance since security guard was in front and shook his head no.

Astrid,

I went to IU for Grad School (2001-2003). I was a SPEAon! I now live in the DC area!

Well Lexington, KY was my first U2 concert. I loved it so much that I went to Indy as well. I remember it was Bono's birthday and he danced with a bunch of girls. I could get up there to dance since security guard was in front and shook his head no.

Ah nice! I'm an undergrad (sophomore) studying Latin and Classical Civilizations.

stupid security guard :angry: I remember that, it was during Mysterious Ways! He had like a conga line going :lol:

Now, the people I go to concerts with are the people from Interference! There are a few I met on the old AOL U2 message boards that I go with as well.

Can I ask what your name was on the AOL MB?

A very small group of us still e-mail each other. I know there were several groups within the AOL MB, but it was fun for everyone while it lasted. I think the original MB is finally gone; the last of us stopped posting during Vertigo.

You can PM me if you want instead.

Mark---KRAMWEST1 on AOL since 1997

Can I ask what your name was on the AOL MB?

A very small group of us still e-mail each other. I know there were several groups within the AOL MB, but it was fun for everyone while it lasted. I think the original MB is finally gone; the last of us stopped posting during Vertigo.

You can PM me if you want instead.

Mark---KRAMWEST1 on AOL since 1997

It was probably TigerLily1276. I still keep in touch with edgekarate and Halup and Matt (but I forgot what Matt's username was).

It was probably TigerLily1276. I still keep in touch with edgekarate and Halup and Matt (but I forgot what Matt's username was).

Yeah, TigerLily sounds familiar. I'm still in touch with MCPOT and fx8td and a few others. Mainly, I remember Ruby (never met her though) and some others.

Mark

Yeah, TigerLily sounds familiar. I'm still in touch with MCPOT and fx8td and a few others. Mainly, I remember Ruby (never met her though) and some others.

Mark

I did the AOL boards (mostly lurking, but some posting, too, under "Lemonfix") from about 97-01. The regulars there called themselves the Bolly Brobbers, no? Definitely remember the name MCPOT and RubyEuropa, of course.

I did the AOL boards (mostly lurking, but some posting, too, under "Lemonfix") from about 97-01. The regulars there called themselves the Bolly Brobbers, no? Definitely remember the name MCPOT and RubyEuropa, of course.

Yah, cool. Lemonfix sounds familiar, too.

Yup, the infamous Bolly Brobbers from Pop. (no, it's bubble gum, HA!)

Besides U2, it seems like we spent most of the time talking about movies and politics.

The other names I remember are Globaljosh and Foreverlad.

Mark

cooool. :)
so does that mean you're from the indiana region? a bunch of my friends go to indiana and they tell me it's an intense party school. :lol:

agree, maybe with pics and everything? Not that I'll remember half of you based on pictures when there's so many, but it could help. I can't wait to meet people in line and be like HAY R U FROM INTERFERENCE and have them look at me strange when they're not...:lol:

yeaaaah, that sounds good.

any ideas on how we can compile this wonderful list?

:hyper:

Where in Kentucky are you? I used to live there.

My friends all think I'm weird! Sigh!

In 2005, I flew to Chicago solo and roomed with 2 people I never met before from the blue crack. I'm still alive! :lol:

:wave:

I don't think there's any need to get there early, unless you want plenty of time beforehand to buy some merchandise, or want to come early and meet some fans waiting in line or something.

I'll probably swing by sometime during the day to cheer up those on the line. :)

Northern... near Cincy. Chicago will be about a 5 hour drive. I can do that with my eyes closed. (Literally - - -on the way back! :lol:)

I'm coming from not too far away. . .Dayton, OH. My wife is from Cincinnati. Love that city.

I hate the drive to Chicago through Indiana. One word: BORING!

Word.

This about the only thing I'm excited about in moving back to the U.S. mainland--seeing U2 and meeting Interferencers. Getting to the U2 show this time around will be a lot easier than in 2006 when I had to fly to Japan and I expect there will be a LOT more Interference people there than there were in Japan.

Did you all ever go in the twenty something chat rooms back in the day?

Probably. I had a lot of fun in those chat rooms.

I didn't go to Chicago Elevation after Indy because my boyfriend broke up with me. It sucked and I has two unused tickets. The people on the U2 AOL forum helped me pull through it.

I remember Trrrmer or something like that and Duckpond (??) Duck was always pushing our buttons.

I didn't get to meet Edgekarate until Vertigo opener in San Diego as well as Halup.

but you can always meet some people that you don't want to hang out with again from the blue crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom