September 11, 12 2010 - Zurich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulrg

Refugee
Just confirmed! U2 in Zurich at Letzgrund September 11 see http://www.goodnews.ch/ :hyper:

Google translation of the local promoter's announcement:

U2 burst with its 360 ° Tour borders and Records

The Concert Event 2010: U2 Live on September 11, 2010 in Zurich Letzigrund
Rates and the long wait is over: U2 come within its 360 ° Tour in Switzerland. On Saturday, September 11, 2010 currently plays the most famous and successful rock band in the world at Letzigrund Stadium in Zurich. Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen since the end of June 2009 on its large 360-degree world tour. After 44 concerts in Europe, USA and Canada with more than 3 million concert-goers are U2 and its gigantic 360-degree stage in Switzerland to experience live. After 16 more concerts in the U.S. will begin in August 2010, the European tour with 21 other concert dates. Including Concerto No. 71, on Saturday, September 11, 2010 in the Letzigrund Stadium.

A success story from Ireland
The history of Irish rock group U2 goes back to 1978. Since then the group hunts from a high point to another and always provides with brilliant albums and hit singles for the furore. The current album "No Line on the Horizon" from the year 2009 is already the 12th studio album, the band played since its establishment over 30 years ago are still in the same occupation. The CD cover of the current album, incidentally, shows a picture of the mood of Lake Constance. 1985 organizers have put Good News U2 for the first time in Switzerland. Overall, U2, Switzerland presents its compliments to this day seven times, and thereby gave 8 concerts. The final concert was on July 18, 2005 in the old stadium still Letzigrund.

The gigantic 360-degree stage sets standards
The 360-degree stage of U2 is the biggest production that was ever in Switzerland. As the name suggests, the stage is round and is right in the stadium. Thus, the band would produce the greatest possible proximity to their fans. The mass of the stage and the entire construction is beyond all bounds: The stage is on an area of 60 × 50 meters. The main construction is 28 meters high, the mast extends up to 50 meters. The whole stage structure is 400 tons and is transported to 105 trucks. The heart of the stage is a giant screen cylinder of a million parts, which alone weighs 54 tons. The LED-cylinder can be extended from 400m2 up to a size of 1,300 m2 (which is the size of two tennis fields).

Advance ticket sales from Thursday, January 28, 2010, 8 clock
Tickets for the concert event of the year are as of Thursday, January 28, 2010, 8 clock on Ticketcorner in advance sales. The tickets can (via the Internetwww.ticketcorner.com), By phone (0900 800 800, earned C $ 1,19 / min) and at all Ticket Corner outlets. The ticket limit per buyer is limited to 4 tickets. To be eligible Sofortzahlarten (bank forms, post cards, cash). Order against an invoice is not possible. Tickets are available for CHF 45 - (seat), CHF 85 - (standing), 150 - or 230th - (seats) or CHF 380 - (Red Zone, standing directly available at the stage), all prices (plus fees ). CHF 295 - per-ticket "Red Zone" U2 donates the RED charity to fight AIDS in Africa.

Highlight challenges and
The U2 concert is a big challenge for all involved. For the Letzigrund Stadium is the first U2 concert, taking place in the new stadium. To cope with the arrival and departure of the roughly 43,000 visitors VBZ uses additional vehicles. City and organizers have the visitors out that in the immediate vicinity of the stadium Letzigrund no parking available. The visitors are asked to arrive by public transport. The ticket price includes use of the VBZ (zone 10) is included. The concert with U2 bursts organizer Good News for all previous human and infrastructural dimensions. A concert of superlatives is expected! Stadium opened on September 11, 2010 at 16:30 clock, which is still not well-known support act playing at 18.30 clock, a concert by U2 concert starts by 20 clock and end at about 22.30 clock.

U2 360 ° in Zurich is produced by Live Nation Global Touring in association with Good News Productions AG and presented by BlackBerry. For more information and a complete tour list are www.U2.com to find.

In my excitement I titled the thread 2009 instead of 2010 please change!

Great for the Swiss fans :up:

I guess it will be sold out quickly because the venue is pretty small and the concert is on a Saturday. Maybe there'll be a double date.

Great for the Swiss fans :up:

I guess it will be sold out quickly because the venue is pretty small and the concert is on a Saturday. Maybe there'll be a double date.

I would expect so. Especially as they are not inflating the ticket prices for Switzerland - they are bang in line with what the rest of Europe pays which makes a pleasant change.

Knowing that AC/DC sold out its concert in summer in 12 minutes, how long do you think it will take to sell out Zurich ?
And most importantly: how will you try to catch tickets ?
I would not rely on the internet, and 12 minutes at a TicketCorner counter allows about ... 4 ? customers to get something ?
For Vertigo, I was about number 10 in line in Lausanne and was one before last to score tickets ...
Advice ? Strategy ?
Happy to get the concert :applaud: , want to be there !!!

j'habite à Nyon..... je vais dans un petit magasin les prendre vers 7h30.... :))) toi t'es à Lausanne?
Ca va se vendre en 20 minutes.... ca dépend si internet bug ou pas....

I see the u2.com presale is being handled by a Live Nation company rather than ticketcorner. Has anyone ordered yet? Do you know what the charges are - I have heard only Fedex is available as a shipping option?

j'habite à Nyon..... je vais dans un petit magasin les prendre vers 7h30.... :))) toi t'es à Lausanne?
Ca va se vendre en 20 minutes.... ca dépend si internet bug ou pas....

ouais j'habite à Lausanne; mais en plus je bosse au moment de l'ouverture et je peux pas prendre congé ce jour-là ... Pour l'instant mon meilleur plan c'est d'envoyer ma mère (!) faire le pied de grue devant un guichet, à Aigle, où il devrait y avoir un peu moins de monde ... Je lui ai dit que 4h du matin devrait être à peu près safe, mais après ça ma dette serait éternelle, alors je cherche encore un plan B. Trop tard pour souscrire à u2.com et profiter des préventes ?:scratch:

those sales are a big f..... mess!!!!!
was at the ticketcorner 1 hour before oppening, got 3 people in front of me, only 2 got tickets.... was sold out after 9 minutes....wtf

^ That's good you got tickets. We've got GAs for my wife, brother and me. Have you got a snowstorm down there? Its the most we've had so far this winter here nr. Lake Zurich.

those sales are a big f..... mess!!!!!
was at the ticketcorner 1 hour before oppening, got 3 people in front of me, only 2 got tickets.... was sold out after 9 minutes....wtf

As i was at work I sent my mom.
She was n#1 in line at a TicketCorner desk. Their server crashed, they sold 0 ticket.
TicketCorner is a joke.
Scalpers are bastards.
No tix.

Could someone translate the ticket section/prices so we know what to go for tomorrow please.

Got tickets for seats behind the stage on Edge's side since we'll be taking my mum to her first U2 show! Amazing how quickly this one sold out - the promoter issued a statement at 10.50 saying all gone except for a few VIP and Red Zone tickets, and for any which may be released due to overbooking.

The second show seems to be officially sold out but I just went to the ticketcorner page out of interest and saw that there are still tickets for all categories except 1 and 2 available, also GA.

Has anyone received his U2.com tickets yet ?

Yes - ours arrived on Friday. They were sent to us from Ticketcorner (the Swiss ticket seller) by registered mail rather than the Fedex which we paid for - but that makes sense as we live in Switzerland. I see you do too so should be with you Monday I hope.

157720672-f184b3567c06e66d48330efc864d7058.4c853a30-scaled.jpg

Today in Zurich...THE CLAW ARRIVED :drool:

157719543-7cb59391ac00479a7aa0c26c7625d3ef.4c853a30-scaled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom