Pittsburgh Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drummerboy

The Fly
So I got excited when I saw a Pittsburgh show on the leaked list... then the legit list comes out and it's nowhere to be found. Arrgghhh... Heinz field would be a GREAT place for this show with the city as a backdrop. Let's hope a date that hasn't been announced weasels it's way in there somehow.

I think it's going to be extremely tough for this to go down one reason is because the Pitt Panthers play on the field and so do the Steelers. I also think that since that field is real grass they can't risk having U2 play there and damage the field from the stage, which is why it's probably a gurantee they will be here in June or July of 2010.

If they add a show in PA, I have a hard time believing it's going to be Pittsburgh over Philly. Maybe next summer.

They'll get there eventually. One of their crew is from Pittsburgh(BP Fallon?).

It could be the NFL schedule or it could be uncertainty over folks from a very blue collar city buying 8,000 $250 tickets and 25,000 $100 tickets for a concert in 2009.

Yeah, ever since they originally came to Pittsburgh, I believe they've never failed to come back on subsequent tours, so I see no reason that won't continue. We just might get them later than other cities.

If you google U2 heinz field and click the first link, it gives a date of July 6th 2010. I disregarded the time but the date is interesting since they are coming back to North America in June-July 2010.

If you google U2 heinz field and click the first link, it gives a date of July 6th 2010. I disregarded the time but the date is interesting since they are coming back to North America in June-July 2010.

I wonder what US city gets the July 4th show? They could also play Toronto/Canada on July 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom