Philly Fans - What Are You Going to Do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but that third Elevation leg was a scheduling problem which is why they had the Hamilton show, which is essentially like having a Toronto show.

Oh.....stop whinging you lot in the US. Europe has more than double your population but gets less dates than you lot.

The Delaware Valley has a larger population than the whole of Scotland.

The Delaware Valley has a larger population than the whole of Scotland.

Why don't you just go to DC or NY for the 1st leg? Neither are that far from you. I drove from DC to Philly during Vertigo in a few hours to see Bono at the World Affairs Council.

Last edited:
I won't be in Philly at that time, I'll be at Penn State. The only public transportation I could get is a bus that takes you to the Philly area. I'd have to miss multiple days of class for a show in New York or DC (they're on a Thursday and a Tuesday), whereas I could pull off not missing any for a Philly show.

I'm trying to convince my parents that I should go to one of those shows, but they're absolutely crazy about the whole "you can't miss classes during the first month of your freshmen year!" thing, so it's currently a losing battle. If it was in Philly, I could probably swing making all my classes and the show.

That's understandable.

Have you setup your schedule for the fall yet? You should try and get Thursday's and Friday's off. Or at least Friday's. :wink:

I think it is kind of dumb on there part to play NFL stadiums for 6 weeks during the 3 months of the year that they are used.

I'll tell you why that happened .....in Europe they have to play football stadiums June,July ,August because the rest of the year football(soccer) is played in those stadiums and the summer is the only time they can play stadium shows in Europe...something had to give

That's understandable.

Have you setup your schedule for the fall yet? You should try and get Thursday's and Friday's off. Or at least Friday's. :wink:

I set it up in the summer. Being that I'm a freshmen at a university with 40,000+, most likely my schedule will not be idle.

Hey Philly Fans, first time posting here.

I am really upset about them not coming to Philly. Lets try to make a movement...please post this link where ever you can, and tell your friends! Lets get them here!

Get U2 To Come To Philadelphia | Facebook

It's not like they're never going to play Philadelphia ever again. :crack:

Even the biggest campaign in the history of Facebook isn't going to change the Eagles' schedule, which seems to be what's getting in the way of a Philly show.

pfan, good luck with your schedule. You're pretty much at the mercy of the scheduling system for your first few semesters :sad:

I set it up in the summer. Being that I'm a freshmen at a university with 40,000+, most likely my schedule will not be idle.

So all hope is not lost. Might make for a longer 4 days but it's not totally unfeasible to get Friday's off. You'll probably love it in the long run. I can't imagine you'll be taking more than 16 credits your first semester.

I'm trying to convince my parents that I should go to one of those shows, but they're absolutely crazy about the whole "you can't miss classes during the first month of your freshmen year!" thing, so it's currently a losing battle.

I honestly have very vague recollections of classes at all for huge chunks of my undergrad degree, and somehow I managed to stumble into law school despite of it.

That's what freshman year is FOR. :lol:

I honestly have very vague recollections of classes at all for huge chunks of my undergrad degree, and somehow I managed to stumble into law school despite of it.

That's what freshman year is FOR. :lol:

I agree. Sometime you just gotta say what the fuck. It's the things I didn't do that I look back on and regret. Life is all about these kinds of experiences--live it.

Yup, you don't realize it until afterwards.

You won't remember the English lecture or Math class you went to on the day of the show, but you'll definitely remember the show.

Oh, I know this, it's my parents I'd have to convince. I can't get a loan, so they have to pay for school, and thus they're in control for some of this stuff.

Well, you have to start reminding them of these things. Have them them think back to this time in their lives. You don't get these opportunities back.

I would say screw class and go to the concert. You want to know how many times I did it for the Elevation Tour

First thing you do is do NOT get a land line. Only cell phone. That way they can never know whether you're home at odd hours.

:sexywink:

I think (not positive) DC is approximatly 30 more miles from Penn State than Philadlephia is. The Meadowlands are about the same. Thats nothing. If they play in the middle of the week you would have to miss class anyway most likely. Some of my favorite times in college were spur of the moment road trips....especially freshman year. Just dont drink or get arrested. DC adds what??? 30 45 more minutes? Go to DC and tell your parents you went to see the Lincoln Memorial for a history project. Its not that bad..

at first i was very angry that they skipped Philly, Now its turned into an anticipation for next summer

Everytime I get over it, I hear from somewhere that there was going to be a show, but with the football schedule not out and everything else, it makes me mad again. Bring on summer 2010

im watching videos from last tour, i am really getting pissed off that they arn't coming to philly :(

I'm still a little mad, but I'm getting over it. They'll come next summer. I going to enjoy the shows I'm going to go to.

Heard a rumor that they are still trying to work out a show for Sunday 9/27 for either Baltimore or Philly but are waiting on the NFL still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom