Philly Fans - What Are You Going to Do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pissed also but I do believe they will be in Philly in 2010. It's because of the damn Eagles that they can't come in 2009. I am going to go to DC just in case but my feeling is - there is no way they can skip Philly. Bono loves Philly. He kicked off the One campaign here. Just my thoughts.:sad:

There is a Temple game on 9/26, that is why the tour isn't coming here. It takes 4 days to put the stage up. If there was no Temple game then they may have played here on the 27th.

I'm not at all pissed at Temple and the Eagles. That would be irrational.

What I'm pissed about is that U2 felt that was the only time they could have played Philly. They play Charlottesville on Thursday October 1st and Raleigh on Saturday October 3rd. They could have played Philly either of those dates (that weekend Temple is away and the Eagles have a bye) instead of those much smaller cities.

It's a simple case of what is logistically possible for the band and all the equipment that has to be set up and taken down. Honestly, in the northeast, you don't want to be outside for a show if winter comes early. Too bad they couldn't roll through the fall with indoor shows. Almost like 360 Lite.

Yes screw Temple. I'm allowed to say it because I'm a Temple student and I couldn't care less about our football team. But hopefully U2 will do Philly in 2010!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom