October 8, 2010 Olympic Stadium, Rome, Italy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diana, that is fantastic that you will be heading over to Rome. I am a big fan and frequent user of Rick Steves for travel. This page may help you with hotels:

Rick Steves' Europe: Travelers Helpline - To the Boot: hotel in Rome

I also suggest picking up one of his guide books, he has quite a bit of listings for hotels.

Thanks! I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment trying to figure out where to go and what to do other than the U2 show.

Awesome Diana! I would go if I could.

Thanks! :hug: See you in Anaheim!

Don't worry, tickets are still available and GA's pop up for all European dates these days, so watch ticketone closely :)

I can't wait for Rome, too, it's such a beautiful city and it's U2's last show this year, it will surely be amazing.

Thanks! I'm trying to talk a friend into going, and they are still selling a ticket package which includes hotel and GA ticket for 189 Euros. That is tempting.

So, I'm like 99 percent sure I'm going to this show. Need advice as I've never been to Rome. I'll be in Italy a week and am looking for recommendations on hotels and transportation.

I also need a ticket. :D

I'm in the same position as you.:applaud:

If there are no Australia shows this December, I'll be heading to Rome for my first U2 show outside NA.

Should I worry about the language barrier? I can't speak a word of Italian. Plus, I've NEVER been to Europe before.:huh:

I'm in the same position as you.:applaud:

If there are no Australia shows this December, I'll be heading to Rome for my first U2 show outside NA.

Should I worry about the language barrier? I can't speak a word of Italian. Plus, I've NEVER been to Europe before.:huh:

I got along fine over there without speaking Italian because I found most of the people in Italy speak English, well where I was visiting they did. Do you know any Spanish? It was easy to communicate in my little Spanish with those who were unable to speak English. Some Italians I met, went right into Spanish if I was unable to understand them. Again, I recommend Rick Steves' travel books to help out with the Italian. He has a fantastic phrase book that will help you.

Rick Steves' Travel Store : Italian Phrase Book & Dictionary

of course I did try to speak Italian but I must have butchered it so bad that those I was talking to went right into English. :lol:
As long as I said "grazie" "buon giorno" "Buona sera" "quanto" "ciao" "prego" "I was fine! :D

In fact, Europe is great and you don`t be afraid to travel there.
In Italy, you can ask for directions at the almost hotel reception desks, the staff mostly speaks English and will give you the answers you need.
If you come from overseas to Rome, you arrive there at the International Airport Fiumicino (Leonardo daVinci). From there, you can use the Express Train "LeonardoExpress" to head into the city centre of Rome. It is very fast, you arrive at the Train station "Termini" in the city centre and the costs for one way are 11 Euro`s. From the Termini Station you can reach the Olympic Stadium of following example, you can use the underground line "A" in direction "Battistini" and you`ve to leave the train at station "Ottaviano San Pietro".
METRO-Map:http://www.atac.roma.it/files/doc.asp?r=4
There, you have to switch to a bus. The line# 32 in direction "Tor di Quinto" will bring you to bus station "Boselli". You`ve to leave the bus there and to go few metres on foot to the stadium.
BUS-Map:http://www.atac.roma.it/files/doc.asp?r=3
After show, you can use the same bus line #32 to getting back to Underground station "Ottaviano San Pietro" and you can take the Underground line "A" to city centre.
The tickets for using the bus or underground can you buy at the small "Tabacchi" stores with the "T" sign outside the entrance door or at the almost bus- or underground stations on ticketmachines. The single fare about 1 Euro, it`s cheap for Europe, for example, the costs in Germany are much more :hmm:.
After show, the underground and bus lines are working this day til 01:30 a.m. on Saturday morning.

And, please be aware, the Italian crowd isn`t easy and it could be an adventure before and around show time. I`ll be thre and I`ll preparing me for a rumble on the Pit :D.
Behind the show, you like Italy and Europe, sure.

Enjoy your travel and take care!

Italian crowds rock! Milan was amazing. Chaotic, yes, and a real party from afternoon tio showtime, but wow, what an amazing audience! I'm looking so much forward to Rome. Also, the city is very beautiful. A few days just aren't enough.

I'm so excited. :hyper: I plan on spending 8 days in Italy. I still need a ticket, but I'm hoping for a ticket drop. And yes, I'm very excited to finally experience an European crowd. I figure if I can survive a Metallica pit, U2,even with some exuberant Italians, should be ok.

Eastlfy, thanks for the advice on travel. I will need to study the train system, and my newly acquired phrasebook. Is is October yet?

I'm probably just going to do seats for my first U2 European show. I don't want to go through too much stress for first real taste of Europe.:p

There are still singles available on Ticketone. However, unlike Ticketmaster, the sections are not numbered. And I don't want to end up with a view that's obscured by one of the CLAW leg.

This is going to be tricky.:hmm:

^ Ticketone does still offer tickets in various categories, and I'm pretty sure that GA will also be available again in some weeks, just like with Turin right now. You should be fine with seats, the atmosphere will be great there.

I reallllllly want to go for this show! I've never been to a U2 show before. I first have to convince my parents to let me go to Rome alone though! Would I still be able to get seats if I tried sometime in late August/early Sept? :/

Just booked my trip and show tickets to Rome!! Going for almost a week, with the concert in the middle :D I'm so excited, I've never been to Europe before! :hyper:

Hey guys- I think I may have a problem. I used Ticketone.it for the first time to get tickets for this show.

When I ordered the tickets, I selected Express Freight for delivery. So I think the tickets will arrive here in the States via DHL.

It's been a full week and my tickets have not arrived yet. Ticketone did not even provide me with a tracking number for the shipment (I only have a confirmation number for my order).

How long does it usually take for tickets from Ticketone to be delivered from Europe to the US via DHL?

Has anyone used Ticketone before and encountered something like this?

Should I be concerned at this point? How much longer should I wait?

What do you guys think I should do?:slant:

I wish I knew... I just got my GA's off of Getmein.com (I think it's Europe's version of ticketsnow.com thru ticketmaster). I'm going to wait a week or two to see if they send me an email saying they're shipped before asking someone there what's going on.

Just booked my trip and show tickets to Rome!! Going for almost a week, with the concert in the middle :D I'm so excited, I've never been to Europe before! :hyper:

Same here. Never been to Europe and will be in Italy for a week. Haven't gotten a ticket as I'm impatiently waiting for a ticket drop. I would rather not pay $200 for a GA ticket.

Hey guys- I think I may have a problem. I used Ticketone.it for the first time to get tickets for this show.

When I ordered the tickets, I selected Express Freight for delivery. So I think the tickets will arrive here in the States via DHL.

It's been a full week and my tickets have not arrived yet. Ticketone did not even provide me with a tracking number for the shipment (I only have a confirmation number for my order).

How long does it usually take for tickets from Ticketone to be delivered from Europe to the US via DHL?

Has anyone used Ticketone before and encountered something like this?

Should I be concerned at this point? How much longer should I wait?

What do you guys think I should do?:slant:

I wouldn't be too worried, but you may just want to send them an email. I'm planning on doing willcall.

Good news! DHL delivered my tickets today!:hyper:

So where is everybody staying for the show?

I booked Oct 6 through Oct 9 at the Farnesina Hotel on Via della Farnesina.:D

It's supposedly walkable to the stadium. It's even offering special reservation packages specifically for U2 fans.

is anyone picking up their tickets at the stadium?
or has used ticketone for this method before?

if so, i have a question.

my email from ticketone says i must bring id and card that tickets were booked with. that card has now expired.
will this be a problem?

i have sent them an email to ask - no response.

i would call but my Italian is limited to roughly 4 words....

thank you

Good news! DHL delivered my tickets today!:hyper:

So where is everybody staying for the show?

I booked Oct 6 through Oct 9 at the Farnesina Hotel on Via della Farnesina.:D

It's supposedly walkable to the stadium. It's even offering special reservation packages specifically for U2 fans.

300 euro for 2 night is the special offer??

think i will be staying somewhere else!

Hope you have a great time. enjoy rome.

I'm in Italy for the week. I booked near the Colosseum but walking distance to the Metro, which should get me to the stadium.

There's a Metro station near the stadium? The closest station (I think) is Flaminio, which is quite a walk to the stadium.

my email from ticketone says i must bring id and card that tickets were booked with. that card has now expired.
will this be a problem?
thank you

Didn't your credit card company send you a new card with a new expiration date? That's what Visa did for me.

I live in Rome, so i think it's better Ottaviano station but unfortunately it's a good walking the same!!! I'm sorry but there isn't a better metro station that arrive at the Olympic stadium!!!

I arrive on 7 October early in the morning and stay in Rome 4 full days. I will be staying in hotel Medici near the main station Roma Termini, there's also a subway station directly at the hotel with the metro going to Ottaviano. I think it will be impossible to catch the bus at the stadium after the show considering all the chaos that is typical for Italian shows :lol:, so it's better to walk to the next metro station, it shouldn't be that far.

Me and my friend will be there on October 6th and leave on October 12th. First time in Rome :) Any advice on where to stay??

I desperately wanted to see U2 in Rome (such a beautiful city and Italians are such great people!) so I had to pay double price for 2 GA tickets, but I've found a seller who sold them to me!!! It was impossible to fine so I'm so happy to have. Now I hope they successfully will be delivered :pray: YAY! Can't wait :hyper:

^ You shouldn't have, tickets are still available on TicketOne, and before you pay so much for a GA ticket, you could also take a seat which would be cheaper. Italian crowds are great and it doesn't matter if you're in the stands. Paying for overprized tickets is IMO just ridiculous because there are also tickets available, and even GA will be issued again in the next weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom