October 3 - Stadium Raleigh - NC - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 07:13 PM
October 3 - Stadium Raleigh - NC

For anyone doubting, read this: On the Beat: David Menconi on music - The U2 watch: Hang in there | newsobserver.com blogs

Old 03-31-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
The Fly

More evidence: On the Beat: David Menconi on music - More "unofficial" confirmation of U2's Raleigh date | newsobserver.com blogs

Old 03-31-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:13 PM
Yay!! thank you for posting that

If they come to Raleigh I may end up selling my Charlottesville tickets once I have the Raleigh tickets, because I'd have to call in sick to see them in Charlottesville(we can't take vacation in October)
Old 03-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
The Fly

We're kind of in the same boat. Taking our 16 year old and 13 year old, but really don't want to take them out of school for this, not to mention incur additional time/cost of travelling.

Anyhow, we've just got to get them to get this announcement out and get the presale going - I have a feeling it's closer than "next few weeks".
Old 03-31-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
Refugee

Saw that today as well, looks like 2 for me for ATL tomorrow and then 2 for Raleigh later this month, should be quite the 10/3-10/6!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Local Time: 01:13 PM
I'm still hoping for Raleigh....I have family in that area so it would make for free room and food plus some visiting time
Old 03-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #7
The Fly

I am hoping for the Raleigh show so badly, I live about 10 minutes from the stadium. If it comes I will be going to 3 u2 shows in less than a week. Charlottesville, Raleigh, Atlanta!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
Refugee

I'm also really hoping this show happens. I'm flying out to go to the Charlottesville show with my dad, and we're hoping to go to Raleigh too. My travel plans are on hold until they make an announcement about this show.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #9
Acrobat

can't believe they would appear in such a small venue.

but I live in Greensboro, 50 min drive from Raliegh, so I'll be there.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #10
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojovox View Post
can't believe they would appear in such a small venue.

but I live in Greensboro, 50 min drive from Raliegh, so I'll be there.
?? Carter-Finley's capacity, I believe, is 60,000 not including lawn. That puts the venue right in line (more or less) with average venue sizes for this tour. It's certainly not the smallest stadium announced for the tour so far.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #11
The Fly

Just got an email from UNC-Chapel Hill's atheltic department...Came with same picture posted in this article On the Beat: David Menconi on music - More "unofficial" confirmation of U2's Raleigh date | newsobserver.com blogs. I just want this to be officially announced...

Here is email:

Musictoday is the official pre-registration site for the Raleigh U2 concert. It is a secure site and any information gathered will be used for presale purposes only.
Presale pre-registration ends on April 9th. Within a few days after the sign up period ends, emails will be sent explaining the pre-sale, including the date and time. No specific information about the pre-sale is available at this time.

Visit U2.com for the virtual concert experience and complete tour information.

For more event information visit livenation.com
Old 04-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Running44 View Post
Just got an email from UNC-Chapel Hill's atheltic department...Came with same picture posted in this article On the Beat: David Menconi on music - More "unofficial" confirmation of U2's Raleigh date | newsobserver.com blogs. I just want this to be officially announced...

Here is email:

Musictoday is the official pre-registration site for the Raleigh U2 concert. It is a secure site and any information gathered will be used for presale purposes only.
Presale pre-registration ends on April 9th. Within a few days after the sign up period ends, emails will be sent explaining the pre-sale, including the date and time. No specific information about the pre-sale is available at this time.

Visit U2.com for the virtual concert experience and complete tour information.

For more event information visit livenation.com
Odd. So, Wolfpack Club people are getting this e-mail, but so are people from UNC athletic dept? Very strange. Putting that aside, in general I wonder if, associated with the holdup, there's a change in date/venue (e.g. maybe Kenan?). Looking at Carolina's home game schedule, though, doesn't look like it fits.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:56 AM   #13
Refugee

Interesting, presale ending 4/9, seems like it should be announced on u2.com pretty soon then and a presale for u2.com members around easter?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #14
The Fly

Local Time: 02:13 PM
Oh man, I am just hoping hoping HOPING for this show to be real. I'm about two hours away from Raleigh so it would be very convenient! I've been there several times to see U23D in the IMAX, and it'll be great to see the real thing there!!!

I'm saving my presale code for this show so it better happen! I'm probably gonna try and grab some Charlottesville tix from the general sale tomorrow too.

Do we know which stadium this is at exactly?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #15
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoocarolina View Post
Interesting, presale ending 4/9, seems like it should be announced on u2.com pretty soon then and a presale for u2.com members around easter?
I think the note said "presale pre-registration" ends 4/9, and indicates that instructions would come out shortly after that. I have a feeling this presale (for Wolfpack Club and/or whomever else) will be concurrent with the U2.com one; if pre-registration for this mysterious additional presale ends 4/9, I'd expect the presale to be the week of 4/13 (maybe u2.com one on 4/14 - 16?). Though I'd like it if we could get in before the football fans (sorry!) next week like you're thinking.