October 3 - Stadium Raleigh - NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be okay if I could maybe try to take part in the breakfast thing? I don't want to intrude since some of you obviously know each other.
Of course you can join us. There are lots of people from this site I have not met and there are quite a few that I have. I always enjoy meeting people from here. Great friendships have developed because of this site.

Now - where's that IHOP? :lol:
I am up for IHOP, but remember, it is Sunday morning, which means, Sunday brunch no matter where we go will be crazy.

Just came across this......there's a U2 tribute band playing at an Irish pub in Raleigh both Friday and Saturday nights.
The pre-show before the gig might be a good idea. :hmm:

Would it be okay if I could maybe try to take part in the breakfast thing? I don't want to intrude since some of you obviously know each other.
These aren't closed parties.... the more the merrier. Everyone's welcome (at least once. :lmao: )
:grouphug:

Too many flights this year, including Toronto in Nov....we land at RDU at 6:05 pm...think you can find some good BBQ somewhere????? anyone else wanna meet for dinner/drinks on Friday...
I'm sure we can find some authentic southeastern NC style BBQ for the 'Westies'. :wink: I'll get Susan to find us some options. :up:

No, you can't come... :D Just kidding!!

Of course everyone is welcome to come. That's the idea for Interference gatherings, so we can meet each other and put faces to the the screennames.

We just pretend we know each other... :D At least I've only met MissVelvetDress_75 so far, but I'm hoping to meet the others.

Where in PA are you from? I'm from Wilmington, DE.

Haha, thanks!! Good to know!! I'm from Verona which is close to Pittsburgh.

yummm ^ but won't it be crowded? Every Cheesecake Factory I have ever gone to has a massive wait.. But I think most places will anyways..:shrug:

Probably... every time I've tried to eat at the Crabtree CF, there's been at least an hour wait. Then again, that's always been very late lunch/early dinner. Their site says they open @ 10am on Sundays... I supposed if we all met around 9:30 or so, we might have a good chance of getting in fairly soon.

I'll see if my U2 partner/BFF who lives in Raleigh & will be joining us can help me find some other options, too. :up:

How about the Cheesecake Factory for Sunday Brunch?

The one at Crabtree Valley Mall?

:drool:
Giant Belgian Waffle

Sorry if I'm the party-pooper but can we go before I have to catch my flight? The flight time is 12:21 pm. So if they open at 10 am, do you think I'd have enough time to get to the airport? Probably a stupid question!! Ahhh I wish I knew these things!!!! Oh well.... :sad:

^ No, you're right... if your flight is out of RDU @ 12:21, you'll need to be at the airport by about 10:30 which means The Cheesecake Factory would definately be out for you & your friend. We'll see what we can manage... I think everyone's in agreement that we want to accommodate as many of each other as we can. :yes:

I love the menu for Irregarless Cafe, but they don't open for brunch until 10am. Big Ed's City Market doesn't seem to be open on Sundays.

Maybe Barry's Cafe? They seem to be open on Sundays from 8am-1pm. There's a nice story on their webpage about how the owner came out to help feed the firefighters after a major fire even when he was broke. And they have chocolate chip pancakes. I'm sold.

I love the menu for Irregarless Cafe, but they don't open for brunch until 10am. Big Ed's City Market doesn't seem to be open on Sundays.

Maybe Barry's Cafe? They seem to be open on Sundays from 8am-1pm. There's a nice story on their webpage about how the owner came out to help feed the firefighters after a major fire even when he was broke. And they have chocolate chip pancakes. I'm sold.

HOT DAMN!! CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES!! I'm sold with you, it's a buy one get one now!! :D

Giant Belgian Waffle! Napoleon French Toast!! :drool:

There is a Waffle House and iHop in town... Who can make recommendations on a good place for Sunday brunch that's easily accessible? Is anyone in this thread a Raleigh resident?

Like many other Southern/growing cities, Raleigh is pretty spread out. Unfortunately, Carter-Finley is far-flung from the more vibrant parts of town. If y'all are staying near the Stadium, restaruants around Crabtree Valley Mall are probably the most convenient. Brunch at the nearby North Carolina Museum of Art is usually pretty good. If you are willing to travel a bit, then there a number of places on the way to and in D'town Raleigh. Pooles Diner & Busy Bee cafe are very good. Cary has a couple of options, especially the restaurant in the Umstead Hotel is great (but pricey). The good thing about that option is that it is on the way from Carter-Finley to the airport. Of course, Chapel Hill and especially Durham have a great number of options. I especially like Piedmont and Watts Grocery in Durham. As I think of more options, I'll post them. :wave:

I really wish I could go to this show

I am really starting to consider it as well LOL

Considering it is a tad less than four hours from Scott Stadium & it is also on a Saturday but that would be one long drive home on Sunday morning

Raleigh to Dayton Ohio is probably about 10 hours:huh:

Like many other Southern/growing cities, Raleigh is pretty spread out. Unfortunately, Carter-Finley is far-flung from the more vibrant parts of town. If y'all are staying near the Stadium, restaruants around Crabtree Valley Mall are probably the most convenient. Brunch at the nearby North Carolina Museum of Art is usually pretty good. If you are willing to travel a bit, then there a number of places on the way to and in D'town Raleigh. Pooles Diner & Busy Bee cafe are very good. Cary has a couple of options, especially the restaurant in the Umstead Hotel is great (but pricey). The good thing about that option is that it is on the way from Carter-Finley to the airport. Of course, Chapel Hill and especially Durham have a great number of options. I especially like Piedmont and Watts Grocery in Durham. As I think of more options, I'll post them. :wave:

Thanks for the post. We are staying near the Crabtree Mall. It does appear that Barry's cafe is on the south side and not that convenient. I wish I could remember the place I went to in Downtown Raleigh a couple of years ago for lunch that served sunflower bread.

Laura, come on down, I have room for one more person in my hotel room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom