October 3 - Stadium Raleigh - NC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
uluv2b - not sure how/when you intended to handle your check-in (i.e. waiting 'til after the show or going back to the hotel after 3pm), but if they aren't able to accomodate your bags, one option would be to just bring them with you to the stadium. I'll have my vehicle & would be happy to let you store them there until the show ended. We'd just have to figure out how to keep up with each other before & after the show - which shouldn't be a problem, but it is something to consider. :)
When it gets a little closer to show day, we definately all need to coordinate an Interference gathering, especially for those of us that plan on 'camping' in line all day. Strength in numbers, misery loves company, and all that. :D

Looking forward to reuniting with the Interferencers I have met before & all the new ones I'll be meeting. Which reminds me - how many Raleigh attendees will also be at either the Charlottesville or Atlanta shows?

Aww thanks!! Your such a sweetheart! I'll wait to see how I'm going to do it. I may just call a few weeks before the show to ask the hotel a few questions. So I will let you know! It would only be one bag (well two counting my partner in crime!) really, so it's not a lot to lug around. I'll be in Saturday and out Sunday morning so... I would definitely be able to get to the stadium at a good time then.

I'm really excited to meet others like me!! I'm really the only "BIG" U2 fan that I know of around where I live. Thank God for the internet!!

Oh, and I wanted to ask. Could anyone tell me a bit about GA? Like if you have/had GA tickets? What's the wait like outside? Things I should take with me? Is it hard to get a good view? I'd really like to try to get close enough to show a sign to one of the guys. You see, I'm female drummer (not self promoting just letting you know, I'm B2U2 on YouTube). So I'm trying to come up with something to say to highlight the fact that there has only been one girl to play Larry's set and he's let a couple of guys now. I want to be the second girl!! I know it's silly but... I'm slightly jealous of her. :D It probably won't happen but it doesn't hurt to try, right?!

But I bet we CAN get you to open the door to a drunken, stumbling, out-of-control woman, slurring "Room Service" & carrying a bottle of Patron Silver..... I betcha! :evil: :laugh:

I'm really excited to meet others like me!! I'm really the only "BIG" U2 fan that I know of around where I live. Thank God for the internet!!

:wave: That's me... I mean, Mr. Blu is slowly developing into a fairly decent fan, but he just isn't ever going to reach the level of devotion that I have. The only other long time fan that I know of anywhere close to me is my BFF who's 2hrs away in Raleigh. BTW, she's coming to the Charlottesville & Raleigh shows with Mr. Blu & I and she's never done GA. It'll be interesting to see what condition she's in when we get to Carter Finley on Saturday - amped up for the 'total experience' or dreading the waiting, standing in line, timing bathroom breaks, etc. :giggle:

As for the GA questions, I've only been in GA once so I'm not going to be a fountain of info for you. I do know that if we can all coordinate & arrive at the stadium as a group to stake our claim in the line, then we can save each other's places when it comes time for potty breaks, food runs, etc. etc.

If I have a bottle of Patron, I am not sharing it with anyone! Not even you, vato!

Joking aside, is there an unofficial meet up that has been planned?
I believe the consensus right now is that we want to plan an official meet up - it just hasn't been done yet. :D I would think the big question now (especially for those of us that will be in Raleigh Friday evening or early Saturday morning) is do we pick a central location to meet before proceeding in an orderly fashion to the venue or do we just track each other down at the stadium, having an idea before hand of who to look for?
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I can't remember what time Rick & Char are flying out on Sunday, but if it's not an ungodly hour, maybe those of us that are still around could do a post-show breakfast/brunch? Any thoughts??? :)

I can't remember what time Rick & Char are flying out on Sunday, but if it's not an ungodly hour, maybe those of us that are still around could do a post-show breakfast/brunch? Any thoughts??? :)

:up: I like that! I'm flying out Sunday evening, so that's ideal.

Iris, what time is your return flight on Sunday? I had to change mine to the 5.50pm one because I'm synchronizing my arrival time with my roommate's flight from Atlanta on that same day so we can carpool from PHL airport.

^Sounds good. The Blue's are meeting the BAW's for late dinner on Friday... we could meet everyone else for brunch on Sunday. Now - where's that IHOP? :lol:

Land Friday afternoon around 5-ish...cab it to the hotel...open for fun and games that evening...

Sunday - 8 am at RDU

10 am out....with a DFW stop, we're in the OC by 3pm our time...

Did your arrival time change since you confirmed with me?? I swear you told me your flight wouldn't be in until about 7pm, because I remember making the comment that Susan might not join us because she wasn't the night owl that I am & that Kelly can be. :confused:

Doesn't matter - RDU by 5pm is great news. Means we should be able to have drinks in front of us by 8pm, right? :D

Would it be okay if I could maybe try to take part in the breakfast thing? I don't want to intrude since some of you obviously know each other. My flight leaves Raleigh at 12:21 PM. So if that wouldn't be okay then I'll survive:) Since I probably will need to be at the airport maybe around 10:45 AM or so. I don't really plan on sleep much during this trip, I'll be too wired anyways. That and I live like a raccoon or something!! :D

Did your arrival time change since you confirmed with me?? I swear you told me your flight wouldn't be in until about 7pm, because I remember making the comment that Susan might not join us because she wasn't the night owl that I am & that Kelly can be. :confused:

Doesn't matter - RDU by 5pm is great news. Means we should be able to have drinks in front of us by 8pm, right? :D

Too many flights this year, including Toronto in Nov....we land at RDU at 6:05 pm...think you can find some good BBQ somewhere????? anyone else wanna meet for dinner/drinks on Friday...

Our Sunday flight leaves at 10:55a; with a stop-over, we're home by 2:40 pm

Just came across this......there's a U2 tribute band playing at an Irish pub in Raleigh both Friday and Saturday nights.

Schedule

Anybody up for checking that out? I'd love to meet some of you guys! I'll be driving in from Charlottesville on Friday and leaving at some point on Sunday to head to Atlanta but since I'm driving my schedule is flexible.

Would it be okay if I could maybe try to take part in the breakfast thing?

No, you can't come... :D Just kidding!!

Of course everyone is welcome to come. That's the idea for Interference gatherings, so we can meet each other and put faces to the the screennames.

I don't want to intrude since some of you obviously know each other.

We just pretend we know each other... :D At least I've only met MissVelvetDress_75 so far, but I'm hoping to meet the others.

Where in PA are you from? I'm from Wilmington, DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom