October 28 - Vancouver BC Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it seems that presales are happening (at least for extra european shows). Dublin 3 presale begins in a couple of hours. So if Vancouver 1 sells out quickly...which I expect it will (pending more shows being announced) and a Vancouver 2 is added it looks like there will be a presale opportunity for that one as well.

It is indeed tough to decide with all the rumors whether or not to max out the presale for Van 1 or not. I'm probably just going to buy 2 tickets and wait to see what happens.

quoted from an email from CFOX...looks like Monday 30th will be a big day

ANNOUNCEMENT ON MONDAY PLUS U2 INFO

This Monday morning The Jeff O'Neil Show will have a major contest announcement for you ... things are looking good in your favour. Listen at 7:15am.

We'll also give you all the details on the 99.3 The Fox presentation of U2 at BC Place on October 28th. Listen to find out more and to win tickets!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks like at least this date and venue are solidified

Cue the email from Rock 101.1: "Classic Rock 101 presents U2 at BC Place on October 28th. Listen to the Bro Jake Show Monday morning for full concert details and win your way into the concert, all week long!"

Now all that's left is for Virgin to announce some contest, other than the U2 prize (trip to see them in Barcelona) they currently have in their Cross Check contest, which ends tomorrow. :lol:

Rock 101 also has a contest to win tix to see U2 in Dublin, which is pretty cool. I've entered that one once.

I think people are just making educated assumptions based on the way the previous pre-sales have gone.

It sounds like they'll be officially announcing the next bunch of dates on Monday and if it goes like last week, pre-sale announcement on Monday, pre-sale starts Tuesday for Horizon members.

Nice to see Toronto gets the second show already added. Looks like a presale for that one starts tomorrow. Maybe Van 2 can happen. We're already going to be the market for Calgary, Edmonton, and Seattle. I just might hold off and only buy 2 for the presale. I don't know. :huh:

:wave: :wave: :wave:
Alright yo, so I started a thread for GA tips and advice, and someone suggested that we find out specifics for our venue from people who've been there, done that.

So! Any of you who've been to BC Place -- especially GA but not limited to -- what helpful hints can you offer us? Is there food nearby? Toilets available? Do the lines tend to be in the shade, or out in the elements? Etc etc..

I have no experience doing GA at BC Place, so I can't help you there, but I can give you some general information about the area.

The stadium is downtown, so there are lots of restaurants/hotels/etc. within easy walking distance. The SkyTrain is about a block away, so there's easy transportation to anywhere, basically.

About 2 or 3 blocks away is Tinseltown, which has a food fair, washrooms, Starbucks, a movie theatre and stores, so that's very convenient if you need anything like that.

Let me know if there's anything else about the area that you'd like to know - I'm pretty familiar with the neighborhood.

Is there a point in participating in the pre-sale if im not looking at getting GA or the really expensive seats? Input appreciated!

I have no experience doing GA at BC Place, so I can't help you there, but I can give you some general information about the area.

The stadium is downtown, so there are lots of restaurants/hotels/etc. within easy walking distance. The SkyTrain is about a block away, so there's easy transportation to anywhere, basically.

About 2 or 3 blocks away is Tinseltown, which has a food fair, washrooms, Starbucks, a movie theatre and stores, so that's very convenient if you need anything like that.

Let me know if there's anything else about the area that you'd like to know - I'm pretty familiar with the neighborhood.

Thanks Thora! That's really helpful! :wave:

So the nearest bathroom might be 3 blocks away? yeesh...

I suppose I should go up there and investigate the area before showtime comes. :shifty:

Is there a point in participating in the pre-sale if im not looking at getting GA or the really expensive seats? Input appreciated!

I'm planning on getting seats, and I'll be doing the pre-sale. I wanted to be able to get the ticket buying done and taken care of as soon as possible, so it's worth it to me to avoid the general sale madness at all costs. We'll be going for the $97 range tickets, most likely.

Thanks Thora! That's really helpful! :wave:

So the nearest bathroom might be 3 blocks away? yeesh...

I suppose I should go up there and investigate the area before showtime comes. :shifty:

You're welcome! Always happy to help out. :)

It might be the closest, yeah. Most places downtown don't have public bathrooms (you have to buy something, or have a meal, etc. in order to use them), but I know for sure that Tinseltown has open washrooms for anyone. Hopefully they'll have port-a-potty's set up at the stadium, though! :)

:hmm: I'm wondering if the security is gonna pull a no people allowed on BC Place grounds before a certian time deal. If so wonder where the best place to line up, to line up at the door will be? :crack:

:hmm: I'm wondering if the security is gonna pull a no people allowed on BC Place grounds before a certian time deal. If so wonder where the best place to line up, to line up at the door will be? :crack:

Yeah I wonder. :hmm:

I also wonder what their standard policies are on bringing stuff inside, how strictly they search, the accessability of the bathrooms, etc..

BCP is surrounded by public sidewalks. You'll see the odd street person walking by whenever I'm there at some ungodly hour.

Interestingly, it's probably the only Canadian/American venue that's hosted a GA floor proper U2 concert before - Joshua Tour. Though I'm not completley uncertain which US Stadiums had GA floor in 1987 for the Lads.

no you can log in via ticketmaster.com (US site) and purchase tickets for the Canadian dates (in the "events in other countries" section)

Yeah I wonder. :hmm:

I also wonder what their standard policies are on bringing stuff inside, how strictly they search, the accessability of the bathrooms, etc..

Rose, they search well and anything made of glass or containing any contraband will be taken. They'll "pat you down" and any recording equipment rules will be printed on the tix. lots of folks get in w cell phones though.

Rose, they search well and anything made of glass or containing any contraband will be taken. They'll "pat you down" and any recording equipment rules will be printed on the tix. lots of folks get in w cell phones though.

They'll pat you down? Are you serious? :ohmy:

That's actually kind of impressive that they can do that for entire stadium though.

it's standard practice for pretty much any rock concert here. However sometimes they just do it randomly (every 3rd or 4th person to walk in). They also usually check ladies' handbags. However that is sometimes more of a glance inside rather than a thorough check. It seems to me that they are typically looking for booze and/or glass...it's a safety thing.

Every time I've gone to an event at BC/GM Place, they almost always look in my purse. It's a very quick check, though. One time I tried to sneak my own food in, but they saw it and made me throw it out. :lol:

If you have a small handbag, it's doubtful they'll make you open it - mine are generally on the larger side, so that's why they get searched. I've gone with a small clutch, and they didn't ask to see inside that. The smaller the bag, the better. :yes:

I find that how much they look in your bag also kind of depends on your age...if you look 19, you will be searched a bit more thoroughly than if you look 49.

Well call me crazy, but I just made my safety reservation for accomodations, the place is right across the street from BC Place and it's popular for concert nights, so I wanted to get the jump before the announcement, it's cancelable anyway. :)

QUESTION:

For those hoping to buy tickets to this show, but live in the US, do we need to set up a different account with the Canadian ticketmaster site?
I'm in the US and just bought tickets for the show in Dublin. I think I set up a new ticketmaster account, in the haste of the presale I don't remember. I couldn't remember my TM password so I just used my work email for the TM Ireland website. I should change that though...:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom