October 28 - Vancouver BC Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Stingray I am drivin up from Vancouver on the 27th, so watch out! :ohmy: I will be the one rockin the U2 tunes up I-5... So who gets these meet up's together? There are a couple of Irish bars in downtown area.. Oh, and agree with the whole camping- Hotel style...

Most likely whoever feels up to the task of organizing it. I'm sure it will be a pretty casual thing, whenever people decide what might be fun to do. :)

I wish I knew of a good place in Van for a get together. I usually just pop into Van for a hockey or football game, a concert or the airport to connect somwhere else. The most I am there is usually one or two nights.

Anyone receive their VIP tickets for Vancouver yet?

I know that they said they won't ship until two weeks prior to the concert...but maybe some have shipped early??

Looks like it's close to being sold out. All I can pull up ticketmaster now are some $95 singles.

Hey guys,

Coming to this show with 2 friends from Australia. Dont know much about Vancouver other than the fact that it looks like a beautiful city and is high up in the most livable list and a really happening place.

We fly out from LA on the 26th. We are really keen to see an NHL game in Vancouver. Can anyone confirm if there is a Canucks game on the 27th at GM Place? Are tix hard to find??

Hey guys,

Coming to this show with 2 friends from Australia. Dont know much about Vancouver other than the fact that it looks like a beautiful city and is high up in the most livable list and a really happening place.

We fly out from LA on the 26th. We are really keen to see an NHL game in Vancouver. Can anyone confirm if there is a Canucks game on the 27th at GM Place? Are tix hard to find??

Cool that you're coming from so far away! :hi5:

Yes, there is a game on the 27th. It's against Detroit. Are tix hard to find?! Yes, and it's especially difficult for a game against a big team like the Wings. There are always scalpers outside of the arena selling tickets, but you never know what kind of prices they'll be asking. This seasons' tickets go on sale this Saturday, if you want to try your luck. :) Then again, there's always eBay and other ticket brokers, if you don't manage to get anything then.

Cool that you're coming from so far away! :hi5:

Yes, there is a game on the 27th. It's against Detroit. Are tix hard to find?! Yes, and it's especially difficult for a game against a big team like the Wings. There are always scalpers outside of the arena selling tickets, but you never know what kind of prices they'll be asking. This seasons' tickets go on sale this Saturday, if you want to try your luck. :) Then again, there's always eBay and other ticket brokers, if you don't manage to get anything then.

Thanks a lot Thora!
So where can we try to find tix on Saturday? I dont care where we are in the arena. Just to be part of that atmosphere would be amazing.
Would be a shame to come to a place that has such a great sport and not get a chance to see it :)

Thanks a lot Thora!
So where can we try to find tix on Saturday? I dont care where we are in the arena. Just to be part of that atmosphere would be amazing.
Would be a shame to come to a place that has such a great sport and not get a chance to see it :)

They'll be on sale thru Ticketmaster at 10am PST. They'll sell out within minutes, so I'd highly suggest being online at that time, otherwise you may miss out. There really is no bad seat in the house, when it comes to hockey games. It's an excellent arena, and it helps that they recently re-did the jumbo-tron screen thingy, so you can see all the action clearly from that, if you're in the furthest away seats.

Good luck!

My friend got tickets!!

Balcony Gate 2 -Section 304 Row 14

Cant wait :)

We also just got NFL tickets for New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins at Giants Stadium!

My new squeeze thinks he would like to check out a show. I'm going to watch for ticket drops for Vancouver to get us a pair of mid-level seats (unfortunately, back issues won't allow him to do GA).

What's the quickes / best way to get to Whistler and back from downtown Vancouver?...
We are contemplating spending a night there after the show.

What's the quickes / best way to get to Whistler and back from downtown Vancouver?...
We are contemplating spending a night there after the show.

Quickest: fly
If you don't want to pay the $$, then take the sea to sky highway (about 2 hour drive).

If you can afford it, a helicopter ride. :wink:

Other than that, your only option is driving. The hwy there has been upgraded, so it's better than it has been in the past. The last time I was up there, the drive was about 3 hours. I live in a suburb outside of Vancouver, so I'd say it would probably take 2 hours to drive there from downtown. I'm sure there are tours that go up to Whistler, if you didn't want to rent a car or whatever, but since I'm from the area, I've never done that before. Whistler's a beautiful place, definitely worth checking out!

Aaannnd, fishlips beat me to it! :D

thanks guys, ill have to sus out a few options as we leave Vancouver very early on the 31st for NYC, so might be pushing it time wise.

Speaking of beautiful places, when do fall colors peak in the area? In the NYC area the colors usually peak the same week as the Vancouver show, I know Vancouver is further north but fairly mild so I'm hoping I can catch some nice color. :)

Speaking of beautiful places, when do fall colors peak in the area? In the NYC area the colors usually peak the same week as the Vancouver show, I know Vancouver is further north but fairly mild so I'm hoping I can catch some nice color. :)

That's great to know! I'll be in NYC for a week a few days after the Vancouver show. Can't wait!!!

My boyfriend isn't going to be able to make it, so I'm no longer on the hunt for two tickets. I still have my one seated ticket, but might keep my eyes peeled for a GA instead. :hmm:

I still have my one seated ticket, but might keep my eyes peeled for a GA instead. :hmm:

Well, then... I'll have to inform my daughter that she should do her homework, stop the whinning when its bedtime, and help out more around the house. Afterall, there are people out there that want her ticket. :D

On a side note, would anyone here be willing to aid in a potential kidnapping and few other criminal activities?

It seems that The Airborne Toxic Event are playing over at the Commedore on this very night. :drool:

What I would like to do is make it so the Peas can't open. Instead, lets get TATE to come and open the show. :rockon:

Who is with me!?!? :shh:

Unrelated, but related, poll - I have the choice of spending all day the 30th and part of the 31st in Vancouver or part of the 30th and all day of the 31st in Seattle. Which should I do? I am spending a couple of days in Seattle at the start of my trip before I head up to Vancouver for a couple of days. My last time in Vancouver was 2003 and my last time in Seattle was 1992. Trying to get all my bookings squared away... :)

Unrelated, but related, poll - I have the choice of spending all day the 30th and part of the 31st in Vancouver or part of the 30th and all day of the 31st in Seattle. Which should I do? I am spending a couple of days in Seattle at the start of my trip before I head up to Vancouver for a couple of days. My last time in Vancouver was 2003 and my last time in Seattle was 1992. Trying to get all my bookings squared away... :)

I have no idea how to answer this question. The show is the 28th. So, where are you going to be on the 29th?

Well, if you're already planning on spending the beginning of your trip in Seattle, why not stay on in Vancouver? That way you don't have to go back and forth between the two. Both cities are fantastic, though!

Is U2 staying at **** again? They have stayed there every show since April 92.

Don't know if you're aware of this, but talking about where they stay isn't kosher around here. Sorry!

I have no idea how to answer this question. The show is the 28th. So, where are you going to be on the 29th?

I will be in Vancouver on the 29th (and most of the 27th)! The question was should I spend all day on the 30th and part of the 31st in Vancouver or part of the 30th and all day on the 31st in Seattle (my flights are to/from Seattle). Anyway, I decided Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom