October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part III - Be there and be part of History.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
:panic:

Good info here;

http://www.rosebowlstadium.com/RoseBowl_U2-parking-directions.htm#

GeneralParkingMap.jpg

So I'm gonna ask again since it's the new thread. What time are you lining up? Do you guys think that, because they're taping, it'll be harder to get a good number? Will more ppl be camping out? Will more ppl be fighting and cheating and being douches to get on the rail?

So I'm gonna ask again since it's the new thread. What time are you lining up? Do you guys think that, because they're taping, it'll be harder to get a good number? Will more ppl be camping out? Will more ppl be fighting and cheating and being douches to get on the rail?

I mentioned a few thing about the Vertigo Chicago DVD shoot before, but just a few notes . . . I don't know how helpful this will be, since circumstances could be completely different this time around. Also, keep in mind that the Chicago GA lineup was on a Monday and Tuesday, as opposed to the weekend.

* I got in line with 3 friends around 10:30 AM. As it was a lottery for the ellipse last time around, my sister and I got in the ellipse -- front rail right in front of the Edge. It was close enough for Bono to spray us w/ water during Electric Co. My friends who didn't get in the ellipse were two people deep on the outer rail. They were able to touch Bono when he stepped into the crowd during Beautiful Day. :) One of my other friends got in line around 3 PM, and we was able to get as close as the rest of my friends.

* GA lineup was very tame. No unusual aggression, cutting, etc. as I remember it. I've been in GA lines for non-DVD shows before, and there wasn't much a difference at all, except that camera men were interviewing fans.

* People knew they were filming, but it really didn't affect anyone a whole lot -- they all seemed to be more excited about just seeing U2 than being a part of a DVD filming.

Again, I don't know what this is worth, since this whole tour is completely different, we're in a different city, it's on the weekend etc. Plus, I think the fact that they're filming has been better publicized this time.

For GA it all depends really, when I did Toronto 2, we arrived around 6 pm or so and were still able to get into the inner circle. The key is do that and chill there for awhile cause once you are stamped you can go in and out as you please. I spent half the show near the soundboard and then the other half we went back into the circle, they only stamp a certain amount of people, after that then the rest of the field. But really from doing it for both angles there is not really any bad place on the field, it is good pretty much anywhere you are.

No need to stress over it, just get there and have a good time. And we'll all party in the lot after the show is over. Given that this is a DVD filming I don't really expect the band to pull any surprises here, as they tend to stick to a strict set list and what works for their concert videos. This is probably the reason they haven't changed the set much in the last month or so, just so they can get it right for when it counts.

So we got our premium parking pass and one of the things it says on there is that you shouldn't use GPS/Google map instructions since that's probably what EVERYONE plans on doing. So for those of you with a better idea of the area, any suggestions for backroads/local streets/alternative freeway exits off the 110? [We're coming from the west side.]

And we'll probably be getting there around 5ish with GA seats -- we don't mind missing the inner circle. Do you think that's too late to get a "decent" view? It seemed pretty easy to push closer for Elevation and Vertigo despite a somewhat late arrival but those were arena shows.

I usually take the Arroyo Exit off the 210, of course since I'm arriving for a football game, I normally get there 5 plus hours early, so I don't know how bad the traffic will be for a concert. If you want to get to the stadium at 5, I'd plan to arrive at the parking by 4:30 as it can take time to get parked and then hike in over the golf course.

I will say one thing. DO NOT take the 110. Just don't.

New thread! :panic: :panic: :panic:

Carlos - are you bringing poker ships to accompany the Oreos? :wink:

I can't remember what else was posted towards the end of the last thread. I may need Red Bull (never had it) post-concert :crack:

I'm planning on arriving around noon, and queuing up for GA, in the hopes of getting in the ellipse / heart / circle. If not, no biggie. I arrived at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff at 4 pm and still got into the circle -- it's pretty big, and since a lot of people want front row outside of the circle, it makes it easier to get in.

Can't wait for the show!!! To anyone going: make some noise and BE LOUD!!!! Sing your little hearts out! :hyper:

Some of us have a range of about 2 notes :sad:

I think I can maybe do one note, lol :wink:

...but there's nothing that gets Bono more fired up than a wild, singing-along crowd. And when Bono is fired up, then the band is fired up. And when the band is fired up, the crowd is fired up. And when the crowd is fired up... and on and on. :heart:

Plus we're gonna be on DVDDDDDDDD! :hyper:

I talked to a very nice lady at The Rose Bowl yesterday, and she said that in my situation (preferred parking, not GA) that I could get there by 2:00 or even 3:00 and still be okay. After that, though, the traffic around the stadium is going to get worse and worse. I wouldn't want to be driving in at 5:00! She assured me that I'm guaranteed a parking spot. Honestly, for the $68 I spent, I sure HOPE so!

I forgot to ask her if my seats have backs, or if they're bleachers. :hmm:

Four days left!!! :hyper:

I talked to a very nice lady at The Rose Bowl yesterday, and she said that in my situation (preferred parking, not GA) that I could get there by 2:00 or even 3:00 and still be okay. After that, though, the traffic around the stadium is going to get worse and worse. I wouldn't want to be driving in at 5:00! She assured me that I'm guaranteed a parking spot. Honestly, for the $68 I spent, I sure HOPE so!

I forgot to ask her if my seats have backs, or if they're bleachers. :hmm:

Four days left!!! :hyper:

What section are you? I should be able to tell you if you have actual seats or not.

Apparently the Rose Bowl knows that people may plan to get there before 8:00am. There will be barricades she said, so, if I understood correctly, I could drop people off and then get in the parking line until it opens. Or go get food & come back, though I'd still have to wait in my car till the lot opens.... Decisions decisions... Wish someone was driving me :sigh:

I am there, I am there, I am there!!!!!!!!
Got my ticket late but got it, and I am super psyched about this..
Its gonna be a memorable show!!!!!!!:applaud:
peace...

If parking lots don't open till 8, I doubt they'll let people mill about. Sounds like the Rose Bowl has a number of events planned for the day, which is cool.

My wife and I will be there with two friends, though I know a number of people who are going. Hoping to get there around 11 -- I am guessing that will be early enough to get us a good position.

Is it generally agreed that back against the rail is best?

and about digital cameras...

Am I gonna have to hide it really well in between my clothes??? or whats the deal with this, are they allowed???
Txs for the help
peace...

I just realized I forgot to purchase my parking pass online. Now i have to drive down there Saturday and get a pass. Oh well. At least I get to see the stage sticking up out of the stadium before Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom