October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part III - Be there and be part of History.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to start a GA line right now for all of the shows I'm going to next summer. I'm #1 on all of them. I'm going to show up at the stadiums five minutes before the gates open and demand that I be let in first. :D

Ohio Peeps Consolidate:ohmy:

I was just in Columbus to see Snow Patrol my 20y/o daughter :heart: them
O-H-I-O!! Good to see other Buckeyes on here that LOVE U2!!! I thought Snow Patrol was the best opener and we were out of town the night of that concert here!! I did hear their acoustic set on the alternative station here, WWCD or CD101!!

We got here at 5am on saturday with sleeping bags and the works. The reason why we went to our hotel room was because security TOLD us to not stay around, and to not camp. Security told us to NOT come before 7am, so we were ready to camp, ready to wait, ready to do whatever it took.

Our faith in their staff and them going back on their word was what screwed us over

We got here at 5am on saturday with sleeping bags and the works. The reason why we went to our hotel room was because security TOLD us to not stay around, and to not camp. Security told us to NOT come before 7am, so we were ready to camp, ready to wait, ready to do whatever it took.

Our faith in their staff and them going back on their word was what screwed us over, not a lack of commitment. Your attitude towards

L.A. Times says there are 1600 people in the GA line! I hope they ALL don't want the Circle! Oh well...I'll leave it to fate, still an hour away from arriving there.

I thought Snow Patrol was the best opener
Agreed! Saw them at the two Boston shows thought they were great. Gary Lightbody is a great lead singer with a lot of charisma. Preferred them over Muse (saw them in Tampa). Hope Snow Patrol does some dates on the next NA leg.

Our faith in their staff and them going back on their word was what screwed us over
Someone should have numbered everyone before everyone had to leave...that worked great in Boston and everyone who came in the morning who hadn't been numbered respected the system that had already been put into place. The key is to get in good with security right off the bat and follow their rules but also let them know exactly how you need the line to work...both places I went to were fine with that....cause basically they don't have a clue either what they're doing so if someone can tell them how the line should operate they're grateful. I didn't go back in this thread to see what the exact problem was but I guess at this point the line is what it is...I'm sure you'll get a great spot in the pit and it'll be an awesome show. 1600 in line doesn't even fill the pit so you're good.

215 update

guess there were two line Nazi girls pretending to work for band. They got kicked out of line.

I swear if I hear the word "protest" again, I'll scream

just got wristband...very pretty. Has tour and rose bowl logo.

Another 3 or so hours to kill in line

a breeze would be nice

-dan

This will probably be my last post of the day/night since I'm borrowing a cool kids iPhone. Hope everyone here has a good/safe night and a great show.

To everyone on the other side, have a great setlist/YouTube party

-dan

215 update

guess there were two line Nazi girls pretending to work for band. They got kicked out of line.

I swear if I hear the word "protest" again, I'll scream

just got wristband...very pretty. Has tour and rose bowl logo.

Another 3 or so hours to kill in line

a breeze would be nice

-dan

This will probably be my last post of the day/night since I'm borrowing a cool kids iPhone. Hope everyone here has a good/safe night and a great show.

To everyone on the other side, have a great setlist/YouTube party

-dan

Thank You Dan The Man For The Updates & For Caring:hug:

Enjoy your last show of this Leg:wave::wave:

This is it!!!

On the charter bus right now on the way to the rose bowl, hittin the 110 right now!!! Getting more and more excited...
Have a great before/show/after everyone!!!!
Peace

To everyone actually there have an awesome time!!!

I will be watching 11:30 my time! :heart:

JCoster join us in The Set List Party Thread:wave:

About Five more hours !!!!!!!!!!!!

On the charter bus right now on the way to the rose bowl, hittin the 110 right now!!! Getting more and more excited...
Have a great before/show/after everyone!!!!
Peace

I remember that feeling:applaud:

ZeroKul have a FANTASTIC time yourself !!!!!!!!!!

We did get numbers! Numbers on our hands, wristbands, worked it out with head of security, and even kept a notebook.

We did it all right, thats why were so disappointed. That protest idea is crap though, I doubt anyone will.

wow, reading about the GA madness-- that really sucks!! i can't imagine how disappointed people must be. :( that being said, i really hope people do NOT protest! yes, it is an awful situation-- and it seems like venue security really is a bunch of jerks-- but if U2/Paul McGuinness has *another* protest while filming (and streaming live!), then we will surely get the lottery back next leg, and the lottery is just AWFUL.... :down:

i hope that everyone who is at the show ends up having a good time, despite the GA mess...

2 LISTS happened at the NJ 2 show and the people who ran the line did just that, intergrated both lists and did a roll call. specifically telling people to come at a certain time in the am for a second roll call and if you weren't there at that time they scratched you off the list. It worked out even tho there was some heated discussions with a couple people.

Yes but still it was obvious that the line started at 3 p.m. the when everyone walked in to the pen for the first night at Giants Stadium. They saw one person waiting outside when the lined moved up at 4 at the MeadowLands. There was no need for a second list. If you start another list its crap. Its not your ticket to move up (only if its security's fault and it wasn't in this case). Security told the person that started the list to stay where the people were lined up after the show; where everyone is leaving to get on the train. Bad idea from security. Never start a list and have people sign it right when you leave the stadium gates. I told them what are you doing? The line already started during the show. It worked out because everyone was sick of standing out and waiting for a decision on how roll call was going to work out. I got moved from number 12 to 27. It didn't matter to me for the 2nd New York show but I don't tolerate merging lists when one has been establish. It got into a heated discussion when it was obvious who was the first person out of the show and tried to exclude her. Numbers do matter in some sense for the certain area where you are located. You have to have the cardio to run to the finish line.

Spoke to the 3rd and 4th person in the Red Zone 2 entrance going on Adam's side. Everyone thought I was running the list. I'm Not in LA. People stop texting me if I'm running the list. I'm not there! I should have been in Phoenix and Vegas. I will be at the RRHOF ceremony in the noisebleed's attending my 105th Metallica performance and 45 U2 show.

Spoke to the 3rd and 4th person in the Red Zone 2 entrance going on Adam's side. Everyone thought I was running the list. I'm Not in LA. People stop texting me if I'm running the list. I'm not there! I should have been in Phoenix and Vegas. I will be at the RRHOF ceremony in the noisebleed's attending my 105th Metallica performance and 45 U2 show.

:lol: see you @ MSG on friday! :wave:

I hear about a certain song being soundchecked... but people in this thread seem to think it was only Dallas playing it... hopes were up for a second, but yeah there's no way anything will change for tonight's shoot, except snippets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom