October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part II (The search for a party suite continues) - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010 / 2011 Archive > Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2009, 12:58 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:58 PM
October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles Part II (The search for a party suite continues)

Continue!

Old 08-31-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:58 PM

Old 08-31-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
New Yorker

Yay new thread!

So, we left off at tubbing at Zooropa man's house and setting up tents and sleeping bags on the driveway.............

How is your water pressure?
Old 08-31-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
New Yorker

Oh and Mysterious Ways is trying to get down to 5'6??

Any tips on getting up to 5'6?
Old 08-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Old 08-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocksU2 View Post
That's the Bono method, I believe
Old 08-31-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocksU2 View Post
They may work.

But, can I run down the field to claim my GA spot in them?
Old 08-31-2009, 02:16 PM   #8
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 08-31-2009, 02:34 PM   #9
New Yorker

Just confirming our worst fears......(someone may have mentioned previously, but I'll do it again, just because )

A friend of mine attended that huge soccer game a few weeks back at the Rose Bowl w/ a crowd of I believe 80,000 ish, She said it was an absolute mess! She spent two hours before and after in the car dealing with parking and exiting. She said that it was very poorly organized.

Shuttle is lookin' really good......and I'm thinking a cheap beach chair that I will dump in the trash along w/a disposable bag w/drinks, water, snacks etc..... and maybe shuttling out for a lunch run or something?? Just some thoughts...

edit - I'm a GA virgin so you vets will have to share what is usually done in this type of situation.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:03 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicv View Post

edit - I'm a GA virgin so you vets will have to share what is usually done in this type of situation.

I've done GA at the United Center (Chicago), Fleet Center (Boston), and Rose Garden (Portland), and I get the impression that this is completely different territory altogether For all three of those locations, I was at a hotel within walking distance. I wish I had something helpful to offer . . .
Old 08-31-2009, 03:53 PM   #11
Refugee

Location: SoCal, but far enough away from everything for it to be a pain in the ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicv View Post
Shuttle is lookin' really good......and I'm thinking a cheap beach chair that I will dump in the trash along w/a disposable bag w/drinks, water, snacks etc..... and maybe shuttling out for a lunch run or something?? Just some thoughts...

I believe this is the best idea so far based on info available so far...
Old 08-31-2009, 05:25 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Going into the venue, in my experience, there's a massive pile of stuff that ppl leave - I did it in snow so there were sleeping bags/blankets/gloves/hats/ scarves etc. I'd like to think that the Red Cross came by during the concert to pick them up. But yeah, disposable is good.

Ppl will let you leave for a little bit to get food, esp if you offer to make a run for those around you in line
Old 08-31-2009, 07:50 PM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

Check out the drugstores or dollar stores for sales on things, like inflatable things we can sit & lay on, and easily dump. And yes, cheap/old lawn chairs will work too. At Staples center, I could walk back to my car & put everything away. That won't be the case at the Rose Bowl. In Hawaii, we had cheap inflatable rafts we could sit/lay on. Everybody was leaving/dumping their stuff when the gates opened. I hope all that stuff was donated or put to some good use.

Oh, and bring food/snacks with you if possible, and definitely offer to pick up / pay for food if someone else is willing/able to go for it.

And I hope the fires will be out by then Maybe they will have to change the venue to the Coliseum (I kid... , just cuz the Coliseum seems more able to handle this size crowd vs. the Rose Bowl). Hoping the fires are out soon, but seeing it on the news, it don't look good. And driving thru Pasadena/Glendale over the weekend...
Old 08-31-2009, 08:38 PM   #14
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila64 View Post
Check out the drugstores or dollar stores for sales on things, like inflatable things we can sit & lay on, and easily dump. And yes, cheap/old lawn chairs will work too. At Staples center, I could walk back to my car & put everything away. That won't be the case at the Rose Bowl. In Hawaii, we had cheap inflatable rafts we could sit/lay on. Everybody was leaving/dumping their stuff when the gates opened. I hope all that stuff was donated or put to some good use.

Oh, and bring food/snacks with you if possible, and definitely offer to pick up / pay for food if someone else is willing/able to go for it.

And I hope the fires will be out by then Maybe they will have to change the venue to the Coliseum (I kid... , just cuz the Coliseum seems more able to handle this size crowd vs. the Rose Bowl). Hoping the fires are out soon, but seeing it on the news, it don't look good. And driving thru Pasadena/Glendale over the weekend...
Thanks to all of you! Very good tips! I love the inflatable idea too clearance time too in the stores.

The fires have been horrible. Air quality here has been really bad, I've been taking hits off my inhaler left and right and normally I have no issues. My heart truly goes out to the poor people that have have lost loved ones and homes. Hopefully everything will get under control soon.

Did you go by the Rose Bowl on your trip?
Old 08-31-2009, 10:26 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

What do you think the breaking point is for giving in to a scalper? I'm not sure if the prices are going to get better or worse . . .