October 25 - Rose Bowl, Los Angeles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh...oops! my angry face was at ticketmaster not you! ... :) although it is great to hear how fast theyre working! especially before the cluster-f¤ck that awaits monday morning

thx d. darr and tryan, that's great info. Since I have seat 101 in 17H it sounds like I'm closer to sec 16 than 18, which looks to be like 50/60 yards away from stage. not good for 275. the more i think about it the only seats worth 275 are in 21,20,2,3 and 19 and 4 could be good depending on where the claw is and how distracting it may be...

I think 17-H is closer to 18. my 22-H were closer to 23.

I agree with tryan, i think your closer to 18 jrjunior :hmm: the seat on the aisle of tunnel 17 (on the 360.u2.com diagram), so on the ticketmaster diagram you'd actually be in 18, by one seat :wink: but the claw may be a bit distracting though.

oh...oops! my angry face was at ticketmaster not you! ... :) although it is great to hear how fast theyre working! especially before the cluster-f¤ck that awaits monday morning

Oh, I know, no worries! :wave: I just didn't want you to worry about your tickets. My credit card only showed charges up to 3/30, so it shouldn't be too long before it hits....'ouch'....but it's worth it!!

It says my tickets have been printed and mailed! I should be getting them tomorrow or Saturday. My poor debit card.....its U2 though, so it's worth every penny.

I paid $1.00 to pick up my tickets from a retail location (Macy's). If you do that you can get them the same day.

yes, I misinterpreted your description d. darr, it sounds like im closer to sec 18 which is encouraging, thx again.

incidentally, tryan, I believe it was you who described the lettered rows going backwards from the field up, and the diagram supports that... it shows letter K as the first row and letter A as the last. do you recall there being only roughly 11 rows of letter seats from the time you sat there?

I also heard those rows arent elevated too much (i think you also said this) just wondering about the view from row E, thx....

I'd done a rough seating breakdown for a few venues, just to give me an idea of the seating price structure (in case I couldn't get GA tix). I just printed out & coloured in a seating chart. So I don't have the exact seating info anymore (so it's only the approx row no.s, give or take 10 rows I guess, & not sure if they're H-section or L-section, except for 22, they were always H)

You're awesome! That's going to help me out a lot. What I did was invert the colors on the 360.u2.com seating chart, printed it out, and then (using your information) plugged prices into sections to help me better decide what price levels to try for on Monday. It looks like very few sections at the north end zone will be $30 or $55. :|

Muchas gracias! :up:

So do you need to be a fast sprinter? :uhoh:

<-- is not. :(

Oh wait... they don't like you to run right :hmm:
:no:

We were under very strict instructions not to run in Hawaii, else we'd be kicked out of line and sent to regular GA. That worked all the way until people got past the turnstyles and into the ellipse, then everyone sprinted for the rail. The majority of the sprinting was to the front rail of the mainstage. B-stages were easier to get to and are a better view of everything anyway :yes: My two cents..

We were under very strict instructions not to run in Hawaii, else we'd be kicked out of line and sent to regular GA. That worked all the way until people got past the turnstyles and into the ellipse, then everyone sprinted for the rail. The majority of the sprinting was to the front rail of the mainstage. B-stages were easier to get to and are a better view of everything anyway :yes: My two cents..

Yeah, Sydney Vertigo was pretty similar, maybe not quite as strict. We had to go from one end of the stadium to the other. Down the sidelines of the field, with security every 10 or so metres (10 yards) telling us to slow down. Lots of power walking, & a little jogging between the security. Must of been pretty funny to see actually, hundreds of people steaming down the sidelines, trying to go as fast as they can, but 'no running'! :lol:

I went to 2 shows in Sydney, & totally agree with kafrun, everyone streamed in to the main stage. The first night I went main stage, ended up 4 rows back from bono's mic. 2nd night, from about the same position in the line, I got the rail overlooking adam's b-stage (so nobody in front of me for 20ft, I'm only 5'6", so that was great!). They were both obviously great experiences, but the b-stage was so much better. The graphics of the vertigo screen were great at that distance, compared to the flashing light during 'Vertigo' up close to the many stage (Jeez, you wouldn't want to have epilepsy, those lights would of set you off). Here's a view of 'Sunday Bloody Sunday', from the b-stage.

n757420726_1135580_9348.jpg

Also the main stage is set back from the rail, maybe 8ft, while for the b-stages & catwalk the rail was only a couple of feet away. The main stage was also probably 7-8ft high, where the b-stages were about 4 ft high. So even though you didn't see the band members at the b-stages as often as at the main stage (they still did move around a lot, & spent quite a bit of time on the b-stages), when you did see them they were way, way closer, a much more intimate experience! Here's 'Miss Sarajevo' from the b-stage (gives me shivers!).

n757420726_1135587_1467.jpg

So for 360, for me, unless I'm pretty much guaranteed a rail on the main stage, I'll be aiming for the rail outside the catwalk, front & centre. You'll get closer to the band there, if not for so long (they'll still perform a few songs out there). Also there will be a better view of the graphics.

my 4 cents worth (sorry for blabbering) :doh:

You're awesome! That's going to help me out a lot. What I did was invert the colors on the 360.u2.com seating chart, printed it out, and then (using your information) plugged prices into sections to help me better decide what price levels to try for on Monday. It looks like very few sections at the north end zone will be $30 or $55. :|

Muchas gracias! :up:

No worries pudgie_child, hope the info helps & you get some great seats! I've got GA for LA1, but am considering seats for LA2 (can't camp out 2 days in a row, & I'll need a shower) :eek: Probably the $95 or $55 seats. Think I'll go for the rear seats, I want to be a little closer. I did have rear seats for a Verigo arena show, but had to give them up. But the girl that bought them said they were amazing seats. I guess we don't know what's behind the stage yet, that may affect the view, but for the Vertigo arena shows the LED curtain didn't seem to effect these rear seats too bad.

Thanks for the idea to invert the colours of the 360.u2.com image, bloody brilliant, genius idea! I trust this image much more than the ticketmaster one (when you're getting close to obstructed views), but the black image was nearly useless once printed. This is so much better.

I think I disagree with you about the $30 & $55 seats in the North End Zone though. While there weren't many of these seats offered in the presale (only one set of $30 seats in section 12, & one set of $55 seats in section 13, from what I could find), I think there will be a heap in the general sale!

Here's my reasoning. If section 12 row 25 is $30, then, unless due to some pricing irregularities, you can assume that for section 12 ALL rows behind row 25 will also be $30. Similarly if section 13 row 25 is $55, you can assume that for section 13 all rows behind row 25 will be either $55 or $30. This seems to leave a very large numer of seats at $30 & $55.

The only time I could see seats not being similar in price to those beside them would be for obstructed views. For example, for the 22-H seats that seem to be around a lot, these may be obstructed by the claw arms, so seats beside them in 22-L, & 21 may be much more expensive, even 24 may be more expensive.

Doh, I've just had a brain wave, & it's not a good one! :doh: It's a very bad one actually.

The far end seating offered so far for the Rose Bowl did appear to be cheaper than other venues (Giants stadium nosebleeds in the corners were going for $95). Now looking at the 360.u2.com image, it looks like the $30 seat in section 12 row 25 may have an obstruced view (behind the sound tent, or whatever is at the end of the field). Similarly, I was thinking that the $55 seat in section 13 row 25 (if it was 13-H) may have been obstructed by the audio-feedback/lighting towers (or whatever those things are called). Looking at it more closely now, row 25 seems to be OK, phew. Although it would go in keeping with the presales policy of selling mainly good (expensive) seats along the sidelines, or seats that may have obstruced views, like 22-H (I've also seen this of the Soldier Field & Gillette Stadium presales, lots of rear seats offered behind the claw arms).

OK, I'm going to play around with your inverted image (thanks again) on PAINT.NET & see if I can come up with a best guestimate of the seating plan.

OK, enough babbling again :blahblah:

And then you'll put it up here before Monday morning, won't you, you sweet sweet thing? :flirt:

I'll put it up right now for ya. I'm sure it won't look like this, but here's my effort anyway.

n757420726_6458638_3348617.jpg

A few things to note.

The dots are approximate locations (give or take a few rows, & High or Low in each section) of seats that have been purchased. The colours indicate the prices of these seats. So we know the dots are correct (unless a mistake has been made :huh: ).

The rest is an approximation, a guess really.

I'm sure the seating price tiers aren't curved, they'll be by section, but the curves were easier to do.

We don't have much info for the Far End Zone. I've guessed that the lower seats at the Far End Zone will be $95. Although we don't have any info for out there, this was the case for both Soldier Field & Giants Stadium. We don't have any info for the nosebleeds here either. I've guessed & used the same layout as Paris. A $30 section, that is thinner than the $30 section behind the stage. The $30 dot in section 12 is in the obstructed view section, so not much of a guide. The $55 dot is confusing me a bit. I definitely wouldn't expect this many $55 seats at this end, I'd expect a lot of those to be $95. Maybe a strip a bit thicker than the $30 section. But the seat doesn't appear to have an obstructed view, but hey, maybe it does. If it's 13-H it'll be further to the right, maybe behind the feedback tower.

Although we don't have much information for behind the stage, I've separated this into $95, $55 & $30. This is also what giants Stadium looks like. At section 26 I've ignored the closer of the $30 seats. This orange section may actually come down a bit lower right behind the stage, I'm guessing there may be some visual obstruction right at the back.

We have a fair bit of info for the side sections. All $250 & $95 seats. This appears to be what Giants looks like, & the Paris price chart looked like this too, with the $250 seats going out 2/3 of the way along the field (I've extended it a bit further here).

I think I'd choose rear seats, around section 28 (I've never been on Edge's side of the stage!)

Alright happy hunting for Monday everybody :hyper:

I'm still scarred by that "no running" thing in Hawaii. We followed the rules :nerd: and got passed by people and ended up (no lie) 12 people from getting inside the security fence. So we were right up against that, but not able to get inside to be near either of the B stages... :( It was very frustrating when we had sat out there all day.

This show will be different.... :pray:

yes, I misinterpreted your description d. darr, it sounds like im closer to sec 18 which is encouraging, thx again.

incidentally, tryan, I believe it was you who described the lettered rows going backwards from the field up, and the diagram supports that... it shows letter K as the first row and letter A as the last. do you recall there being only roughly 11 rows of letter seats from the time you sat there?

I also heard those rows arent elevated too much (i think you also said this) just wondering about the view from row E, thx....

I think that was someone else - I never saw those low rows. we were in row 50 or thereabouts. the odd thing about the rose bowl is its half underground. meaning when you walk in ground level, you are in the middle of the rows - half are down and half are up, roughly. but yes I have heard those are bad view seats for a game being played at basically the same level. for football you really want some height to get the proper perspective. now a concert on an elevated stage may be different. if you are a couple rows off the field you'll still see over everyone's head in GA.

I'll put it up right now for ya. I'm sure it won't look like this, but here's my effort anyway.

n757420726_6458638_3348617.jpg

The $30 dot in section 12 is in the obstructed view section, so not much of a guide.

You said in an earlier post that the $30 seats in section 12 were at row 25. I believe that row 25 is either the wheelchair-accessible row in the cross aisle or the first row behind the cross-aisle.

While I am generally cynical about the way McGuinness & Co. price and sell tickets, I don't think they're going to sell tickets in the grayed-out areas seen in the seating chart. Therefore, I would believe that all the seats between aisle 11 and 12 (seats in section 11-H and 12-L) are likely to be $30.

Sorry to blow anyones bubble and I'm not sure if you guys have resolved this but the code "xxxxx-LA2" refers to where you can find ticketmaster outlets from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom