October 18 - Norman, OK - Gatherings and Road Trips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to this show (partly out of spite because the person I was with in Tampa got sick and we missed the last five songs :reject: ).

But anyway, ticketmaster still had good lower level seats and I got a hotel room at the NCED Conference Center and Hotel on E. State Highway 9.

I guess I'll take a taxi to the show and figure out how to get back to the hotel after the show later.

But if anyone would like to carpool with a lonely Floridian, let me know :wink:

are you arriving day of the show? I might be able to hook you up with a ride. Depends on timing.

Okay, cool. I can probably get you from your hotel to campus when I get into Norman. Parking will be free (I have an OU parking pass) and the gas is too minimal to worry about.

Some folks are going to Dallas tonight. Hopefully we'll hear more info about the lines, and how long, or short, they are.

Actually...just looked at the Dallas/Houston Thread...looks like a nightmare. That would be a TOUGH situation. Hopefully Norman will have it together.

someone told me today that there will be beer sales at the stadium until 9pm. That wasn't someone from OU so it's not 100% official, but wanted to pass it along just the same.

They better know what the Red Zone is in Norman!

I would hate to have camped out all morning and day and then be forced to leave because you think you might be arrested! I would have been crying my eyes out too!:down:

I was at Dallas last night, and there was a bad mix of drunks, people that were their to show themselves off instead of enjoy the show, and lots and lots of weed. Plus lots of people who insisted on sitting down throughout the show. The band did the best they could with what they had to work with, but I am hoping for a much more fun show on Sunday night!!!

the Norman sports-talk radio station is having someone on from OU tomorrow to explain U2 concert info...parking, GA line, alcohol sales, etc. I'll post the info tomorrow!

Got an E-mail and the Red Zone entrance is Gate 5. That gate opens at 5pm.

Cool. keep us posted. I will say that they are off to a good start with the info about the GA line and the link to the stadium build.:applaud:

Okay...there is beer sales at the show. Cutoff probably around 8:30 or 9.

Parking will be $15. Certain campus lots will be available. Make sure the lot is available for U2 parking and not a student lot. They should be marked and staffed at 8am. You can also park at the Lloyd Noble Center for $15 and they'll have shuttles to and from the stadium.

GA line up at Gate 7 starts at 8am.

Red Zone entrance is Gate 5.

They know the difference between the Inner Circle and the Red Zone! Unlike those idiots in Texas! :applaud:

I got similar news. Below. I am still asking questions like...where should we park if we get there before 11, can we drink in line etc. Getting more excited by the day.

There is no reserved parking for Sunday all parking is first come first serve lots will open at 11am around the stadium and 2pm at Lloyd Noble. There will be access to bathrooms in the GA line. Alcohol is allowed during tailgating and will be sold during the concert.

Thank you for your support of OU Athletics,

OU Athletics Ticket Office

Boomer Sooner!

1-800-456-GoOU or 1-405-325-2424

Unlike those idiots in Texas! :applaud:

well what do you expect from Texans? (sorry, its hate week afterall, besides read my damn location)

Also there are a few bars within walking distance from the stadium...FYI :wave:

I read in the paper today too that they are expecting 60k people to attend this concert, which goes along with what a friend told me that this was probably 2/3 sold out a month or two ago. Should be good...hope we can even break that.

As for GA people, we made it into "the pit" in Dallas and we didn't even get into the GA line until around 5PM. And Dallas had a lot more people than i would anticipate for Norman, so i wouldn't be lining up at 8 am just to get into the pit.

lucky for you it is unseasonably cool here right now. Actually its typically nice here in October....and its supposed to be nice sunday....but yesterday and today was cool and wet.

anyway this show is gonna be AWESOME!

damnit i can't get there til 5 at the earliest. i hope I can still get in the pit cos I sure as hell don't want to be behind the red zones on the side.

anyone think there will still be close enough parking at 5 or 6

Just found out I'm coming up to Norman for the show. I was at the Dallas show and it was awesome. Feel free to ask me any questions that weren't answered in the Dallas thread.

I was GA in Dallas, this time we have reserved seats. My only worry is the parking since I don't know Norman. The people who parked at the Cowboys stadium sat there for 1-2 hours trying to get out. Luckily, I knew a good lot and we were literally out 10 minutes after the concert.

Although I hadn't originally planned to see this show, when I found a flight for under 200 dollars last night, I decided to use the ticket my best friend had after another friend backed out. OU is my alma-mater and my parents were at the last Oklahoma U2 show. For this reason and the fact that my father was to have supposed to have graduated last May with a political science degree from OU, I suspect that this will be a very emotional and meaningful show for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom