October 18 - Norman, OK - Gatherings and Road Trips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never done public transportation from the airport to Norman. You might find what you're looking for here: Welcome to www.gometro.org

Renting a car might be less of a hassle, especially if you're getting a hotel room in Norman. You'll be 25 miles from the stadium and it's an easy drive.

Picked up two tickets yesterday. Section 39, row 24. I'm a lifetime fan, and this will be my first U2 show!

Does anybody know if row 24 is above or below the walkway?

Picked up two tickets yesterday. Section 39, row 24. I'm a lifetime fan, and this will be my first U2 show!

Does anybody know if row 24 is above or below the walkway?

Amazing! You're going to have a spectacular night!

Also, does anyone know if alcohol will be sold at this show, since it is on a college campus?

thats a good question, they dont sell adult beverages at the stadium during football games so i kinda doubt they will at this show. Of course, there will be plenty of beer available at the various places around campus corner, nearby, also their is a sports bar right next to the stadium. During games they have all kinds of beer tents setup, i suspect they will do this again for the concert. Even though it is a sunday.

Also, does anyone know if alcohol will be sold at this show, since it is on a college campus?

I didn't go to the Rolling Stones concert there in the '90s but I believe I was told beer was sold at that show.

Plenty of bars only a short walk from the stadium. I'm doing my drinking on Campus Corner (the area just north of the stadium where there are many bars) before the show.

GA has been sold out for a long time. Hope you get close!

I got Red Zone so I don't have to sit outside that stadium all day. I can have pints and see friends all day long before the show at the many pubs on Campus Corner!

^^gives me an idea...

I posted this in the trade section, but if anyone has an extra red zone to sell, please let me know. I have a GA and can trade that plus cash also.

I haven't been paying too much attention since the first few shows of the tour, but have they opened up some Red Zone auctions for shows that didn't sellout the Red Zone in the initial auctions? Might want to keep an eye on that.

I got a pair of GAs in case I didn't get Red Zone but easily sold those to a local friend for face.

This will be a day of celebrating one of my favorite bands playing in Oklahoma. It;s going to be so nice to not have to go to Dallas or Denver! Probably get to see a lot of old friends that I haven't seen in a long time. I know spending all day in line with the uber-fans can be a great experience, but October 18 will be much more than just a U2 concert for me!

I'll be drunk, but I'll be in the Red Zone so I won't be bothering you in GA! :lol:

I've driven home from Dallas after concerts which is a 3-3.5 hours so it can be done.

I would think that one would want to be sober at a U2 show so that one can fully appreciate and be aware of what is happening. And that one would not plan on driving afterwards. :tsk:

I would think that one would want to be sober at a U2 show so that one can fully appreciate and be aware of what is happening. And that one would not plan on driving afterwards. :tsk:

what are you, one of them MADD Mothers? j/k :D

Seriously though, dont know if he actually said he was going to drive...what he might have meant is that he will be in the car with a DD. I see no problem with someone wanting a few drinks for the show, does not take anything away from it at all unless someone gets trashed to the extreme (been there and done that too, so i know). I guess moderation is key here.
:)

I guess some people have differing opinions on how to fully appreciate a concert. :D

Don't worry about me. I'm an old fart that knows how to have fun without getting in the way of others. :hyper:

Isn't this concert on Sunday, October 18th?

Did something change, or is that just a typo in the thread title?

edit: yup, thread title wasn't changed after the date was confirmed as the 18th. Fixed that. :) I was getting worried for a second...

Isn't this concert on Sunday, October 18th?

Did something change, or is that just a typo in the thread title?

edit: yup, thread title wasn't changed after the date was confirmed as the 18th. Fixed that. :) I was getting worried for a second...

glad to see you are on top of things, Diemen, Norman appreciates you :wave:

34 days! Give me that Chicago 1 setlist and I'm a happy camper! Unforgettable Fire and Bad in the same show will make me feel like a teenager again rocking out on the UF and JT tours! :hyper:

It appears this show .. much to my surprise ... has already sold out! Ticketmaster will not let you purchase tickets.

Luckily I have four already. I was at Chicago I and I'm ready for more!

34 days! Give me that Chicago 1 setlist and I'm a happy camper! Unforgettable Fire and Bad in the same show will make me feel like a teenager again rocking out on the UF and JT tours! :hyper:

I hope they play "Bad." :drool: But, then again, they could play almost anything and I'd still be happy just to be there.

It appears this show .. much to my surprise ... has already sold out! Ticketmaster will not let you purchase tickets.

Luckily I have four already. I was at Chicago I and I'm ready for more!

LOL, you do realize your posting in the Norman thread dont you? I mean great if we have sold out, but....really?

LOL, you do realize your posting in the Norman thread dont you? I mean great if we have sold out, but....really?

It appears to have been a false alarm. After ticketmaster would not allow tickets to be purchased this afternoon, it's now back up and running. Not sure what happened, but it appears plenty of tickets are still available. I still think it will end up selling out or very close to it.

It appears to have been a false alarm. After ticketmaster would not allow tickets to be purchased this afternoon, it's now back up and running. Not sure what happened, but it appears plenty of tickets are still available. I still think it will end up selling out or very close to it.

well i hope it gets close but i really doubt we get there given the weekend (OU-TX) plus the Dallas show is only 6 days before. Anyway good luck getting the tickets you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom