October 12, 14 - Dallas/Houston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to come onto the floor the way the cowboys do on gameday :)

-dan

you could roll in at 5p and probably get in the circle

get there at noon, you'll have plenty of rail space to choose from

Great news!!. We are coming from Costa Rica to see this concert and our plane will arrive arround 11am.

Still not decided if going to the inner circle or to the outer rail !!!

Great news!!. We are coming from Costa Rica to see this concert and our plane will arrive arround 11am.

Still not decided if going to the inner circle or to the outer rail !!!

can i go back to costa rica with you?

-dan

can i go back to costa rica with you?

Sure, you can unwind in our beaches after the concert. We will be the only ticos with a costarican flag (it will be small so nobody gets hurt :D), screaming and dancing in our first U2 concert!!. Houston, here we go!!!

10/12 Dallas show at new stadium

:hyper:

Need advice! I'm getting kind of freaked out :yikes: over the logistics/costs of this concert, plus I still don't have a ticket! :scream:

$40 parking??? Plus the cost of a ticket? :doh:

So anyway:
  • Who's going to the Dallas show?
  • Anybody know what the parking situation is like at the new stadium? (and how far of a hike it is from parking to the stadium?)
  • GA or reserved seats?
  • Where does the GA line start at the stadium? (and what time will they allow you to start lining up?)
  • Are IF folks meeting up at the stadium somewhere?
  • Should just take my chances on Monday and head to the stadium to find a ticket there? :|
  • Anything else to know?

TIA!

Someone else WILL be in line - do you mean someone you "know"? If you want, you can PM me your cell # and I can call you the night before and we can plan a meet up time.

I know what you mean about getting nervous planning. Nobody's posted the dos and don'ts for this stadium yet. Mabye I'll look today. I'm borrowing my friend's backpack purse since I don't like to have a satchel / messenger bag thing across my chest all night.

Well, I simply meant knowing for sure there was going to be someone else there. However, yes, you are also someone I'm familiar with, and that helps >_>. Expect a PM sooner or later iffen you don't mind of course :).

So do you think one of these deals is going to be ok? (ugh this one is hideous, mine's blue):
Nylon_Bag.jpg

I think that'll be fine. I saw one stadium said something like "Nothing bigger than an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper" which is about what those are. I have a black one that I"ll probably be taking to Phx since the purse I'm borrowing belongs to a friend who's coming with me to the Phx show!!

And for sure PM me so you have a "buddy" to hang with. You'll have to remind me of your "real" name too :reject:

Y'all? I am, like, pee-my-pants excited over here!!!!!!!! Just felt the need to share. Feel free to PM me with your cell # if you want to hook up. I don't think there's a gathering planned and Mr.Z and I are getting into town Saturday afternoon. So let me/us know if you guys want to get together Sunday afternoon/ night or if you just want to find us in the GA line :wave:

Tonight's been a really bad night, the break line in my car freaked out, and I had to leave it at work. After about an hour of thinking I wasn't going to be able to go to the show, I'm over the moon excited for the gig now. Hey, if anyone wants to hit up a Quiznos in Fort Worth on Sunday, that's where you'll find me :lol:

Y'all? I am, like, pee-my-pants excited over here!!!!!!!!

Hehehe not like that, but I felt like the Pavlov´s dog everytime I heard Wake up, from Arcade Fire just days before the Vertigo gigs. I just cannot stand still and sleepless tonite. And when I hear Larry´s drums on Breathe my mind just get loose.

And...

Sure, you can unwind in our beaches after the concert. We will be the only ticos with a costarican flag (it will be small so nobody gets hurt ), screaming and dancing in our first U2 concert!!. Houston, here we go!!!

Por allá nos vemos :wave: sin resentimientos futboleros espero :reject:

Since the stadium won't officially let us line up before 9, those of us going there earlier, where are you going to be?

Anyone want to share a ride over from Austin to Houston?
There's just one of me, but I was planning on driving by myself.

Did you guys all RSVP in the 'calendar' section of the forum?
http://www.u2interference.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2009-10-12&c=1&redirect=1

:hyper:

Need advice! I'm getting kind of freaked out :yikes: over the logistics/costs of this concert, plus I still don't have a ticket! :scream:

$40 parking??? Plus the cost of a ticket? :doh:

So anyway:
  • Who's going to the Dallas show?
  • Anybody know what the parking situation is like at the new stadium? (and how far of a hike it is from parking to the stadium?)
  • GA or reserved seats?
  • Where does the GA line start at the stadium? (and what time will they allow you to start lining up?)
  • Are IF folks meeting up at the stadium somewhere?
  • Should just take my chances on Monday and head to the stadium to find a ticket there? :|
  • Anything else to know?

TIA!

I got your PM!

Parking: Check the Cowboys Stadium website (I quoted what little info they've posted in a previous post but I didn't do the 'virtual tour' - that might have some parking info. Google Maps still showed a big hole in the ground last time I checked so I don't know how much help that'll be.

Meetings? Maybe we could meet for a drink/dinner the night before. If not, I'll at least call you so we can make plans to meet up the next day. 'Course I'll be in the GA line all day Monday but you can come visit - bring us snacks and sunscreen (or an umbrella :lol: )

Ticket: You can take your chances at the stadium or on Stub Hub (I've had good experiences with STub Hub but scalpers might be more desperate at the actual stadium)

This of course is all my own opinion - just trying to help. :shrug:

Looking forward to meeing everyone and seeing our boys :hyper:

Well, I simply meant knowing for sure there was going to be someone else there. However, yes, you are also someone I'm familiar with, and that helps >_>. Expect a PM sooner or later iffen you don't mind of course :).

So do you think one of these deals is going to be ok? (ugh this one is hideous, mine's blue):
Nylon_Bag.jpg

blackberry gave out some nice black ones in chicago, they've probably been giving them out all tour.

-dan

blackberry gave out some nice black ones in chicago, they've probably been giving them out all tour.

-dan

:ohmy: I would love to have THAT.

Ok, so, the word on my car is getting worse, so I"m not sure how I'm going to GET to Arlington. Everyone keeps telling me to just call a cab, but (stupidest question ever) can you even do that?

:ohmy: I would love to have THAT.

Ok, so, the word on my car is getting worse, so I"m not sure how I'm going to GET to Arlington. Everyone keeps telling me to just call a cab, but (stupidest question ever) can you even do that?

In most cities you can call a cab company and they'll pick you up within 20 minutes. Be sure to call early and ask how long it'll be when you talk to the dispatcher.

planning on getting there around 7am to scope it out. if no one's there, we'll get some breakfast and come back at 830 or 9. still not sure where we are going to park, since the lots dont officially open until 330.

i stopped by cowboys stadium tonight and saw the stage. from the looks of it, there'll be no pylon above the stage. the HD video screen was right above the center of the canopy. the angle i was looking from may have been bad, but that's what it looked like. the HD video screen appeared to only be 15 feet above the canopy.

In most cities you can call a cab company and they'll pick you up within 20 minutes. Be sure to call early and ask how long it'll be when you talk to the dispatcher.

MMk, I've booked a cab, I'm meeting my cousin afterwards at Wal-Mart, and he's going to take me home. I am SET. I pm'd you my number, wherever it is the line is going to form in the morning BEFORE 9, If I show up at 5:00/5:30, there ARE going to be people there? :lol: :nervous:

They haven't built the Pylon yet. The screen is going to be raised

i hope that's the case. the HD screen didn't look any higher than on gameday, but I just assumed that this previous post was accurate:

Well folks, I just drove by the cowboys stadium tonight and i saw the screen was already raised up (not all the way up but a lot higher than its usual position of 90ft above the field.

since the HD screen only goes from the 20 to the 20, i was hoping that the pylon would fall outside that range, but the center of the canopy was comfortably underneath the HD screen. even with the screen raised, i would imagine they'll be shortening the pylon a bit.

either way, this will be one of the worst venues on the whole tour to see this show in, for a myriad of reasons. though i will say the stage looked tiny in this stadium.

also, isn't the canopy 90 feet tall? if so, and the HD screen was 15 feet or so above it, then perhaps the HD screen was raised. am i making it up that i heard the HD screen would only be raised 25 feet for this show?

also, isn't the canopy 90 feet tall? if so, and the HD screen was 15 feet or so above it, then perhaps the HD screen was raised. am i making it up that i heard the HD screen would only be raised 25 feet for this show?

That's what I heard.

The screen was indeed raised when I saw it last on Tuesday. I live by the stadium so I definitely know the position has changed. I would look as if the pylon would not fit but considering where the stage is and where the screen is, there should be no problem, and the field is actually below ground level so there is even more clearance. And to answer U2fan05, I believe the exit to Collins is closed off for the moment for I30 so you might want to get off earlier, or after but I'm not 100% sure as there is too much work being done there and the exits are constantly closed and opened with detours and such.

planning on getting there around 7am to scope it out. if no one's there, we'll get some breakfast and come back at 830 or 9. still not sure where we are going to park, since the lots dont officially open until 330.

cowboys website says 1 lot will be open at 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom